All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: AVATAR coming to WDW

Post by Jacca5660 » Sep Tue 20, 2011 11:29 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:It always strikes me as weird to make a ride/land on a presently popular franchise since it probably won't stand up to time. It's not like people clammor to go to the Cheer's bar, or Seinfeld, or Friends, etc. Even long dead things like I love lucy don't hold up.
You mean they aren't gonna be building M*A*S*H the land?? I was looking forward to the fun and comedy of the Korean war!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Tue 20, 2011 11:46 pm

Oh the MASH expeirence is already open, here stand still while I get you ready for the attraction.

You're not allergic to bullets, right?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Wed 21, 2011 12:03 am

Who Wants A Millionaireis is already gone from the Studios, and someday in the future American Idol will go the same way...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Wed 21, 2011 12:27 am

On the plus side with millionare, it was a (in realitive terms) cheap attraction to build. Not sure about Idol since I haven't seen it.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Sep Wed 21, 2011 12:50 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Oh the MASH expeirence is already open, here stand still while I get you ready for the attraction.

You're not allergic to bullets, right?
I was more hoping for home made gin and a nurse!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Wed 21, 2011 6:26 am

Hmm this is definitely something I was not expecting. We always knew DAK was an unfinished venture as they had originally intended to put in a mythical animal area (beastly kingdom)...hence the dragon in the park logo. I guess this is the way TDO plans on completing the park. I am extremely happy they are funneling money into improving what they have but I am not sure that this is the wisest decision on how to spend the $$$.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Wed 21, 2011 8:51 am

Well, amongst Avatar fans this has been great news, and amongst the Disney fans it has been not-so-great news. I wish they could take that money instead and pump it into EPCOT's Future World area...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Wed 21, 2011 9:06 am

mindflipper wrote:Well, amongst Avatar fans this has been great news, and amongst the Disney fans it has been not-so-great news. I wish they could take that money instead and pump it into EPCOT's Future World area...
I wish for that too. I really thought EPCOT was the next one up on the list to receive a major overhaul. There is just way too much open space there and lack of theming. I guess we'll have to wait another couple of years to see if anything will happen...
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

DearlyDeparted
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DearlyDeparted » Sep Wed 21, 2011 9:14 am

Hopefully it will get attendance and consession figures up (on days I'm NOT there, of course!) and it will stave off another price hike.
:shock:
I know. I'm dreaming. But then again, Disney is the land of dreams!
Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Wed 21, 2011 9:21 am

DearlyDeparted wrote:Hopefully it will get attendance and consession figures up (on days I'm NOT there, of course!) and it will stave off another price hike.
Kidding? Given what's the reported cost of Avatar land, they will have to hike the prices just to pay for it! :mickey:

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Brian845 » Sep Wed 21, 2011 9:26 am

Len90 wrote:Hmm this is definitely something I was not expecting. We always knew DAK was an unfinished venture as they had originally intended to put in a mythical animal area (beastly kingdom)...hence the dragon in the park logo. I guess this is the way TDO plans on completing the park. I am extremely happy they are funneling money into improving what they have but I am not sure that this is the wisest decision on how to spend the $$$.
TDO = The Disney Overlords?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Wed 21, 2011 9:52 am

Brian845 wrote:
Len90 wrote:Hmm this is definitely something I was not expecting. We always knew DAK was an unfinished venture as they had originally intended to put in a mythical animal area (beastly kingdom)...hence the dragon in the park logo. I guess this is the way TDO plans on completing the park. I am extremely happy they are funneling money into improving what they have but I am not sure that this is the wisest decision on how to spend the $$$.
TDO = The Disney Overlords?
Perhaps the most accurate translation of that TLA (Three Letter Acronym) but it's actually "Team Disney Orlando". :wink: :mickey:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Wed 21, 2011 9:55 am

mindflipper wrote:
DearlyDeparted wrote:Hopefully it will get attendance and consession figures up (on days I'm NOT there, of course!) and it will stave off another price hike.
Kidding? Given what's the reported cost of Avatar land, they will have to hike the prices just to pay for it! :mickey:
I have a feeling that the previous price hikes this summer were one of many hikes that will pay for this "investment"
- Len90

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Wed 21, 2011 10:14 am

Well, if I'm going to be paying for Avatar land when I buy a ticket over the next few years, I might as well see when they build in a few years...

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Sep Wed 21, 2011 10:41 am

So after reading this AVATAR announcement last night, I told my 15-yr old son about it and he said, "awesome, how cool, when, where???" etc...
So there you have it, my opinion is OK, great spend some money whatever, and the younger generation is ecstatic!

I suppose I am a classic old dinosaur that would rather go on Carousel of Progress and the PeopleMover rather than Rock-n-Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror...
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°