All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: AVATAR coming to WDW

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 17, 2013 12:19 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:I still think Avatar is delayed cause Disney is trying to find a way to get out of it. I cringe just seeing Avatar threads....
It does make you wonder if it is just sort of sitting quietly and letting the whole Avatarland fade from memory. Or maybe they are waiting until they have another movie? I don't know, I never saw the first one.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Judging by the timelines for the next movie and the land, they are going to try and have them sync up in terms of release, possibly having content from the movie in the new land, since I don't think the script is finalized, they can't exactly rush into things.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Jul Sun 21, 2013 6:10 pm

I see Avatar more as a universal addition. I really can't see it in Disney at all. Especially this whole Marvel being in Disney now.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 21, 2013 6:26 pm

But, at least for the time being, it is only in US parks that are not east of the Mississippi river. It is a weird term but apparently it is part of the deal.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:But, at least for the time being, it is only in US parks that are not east of the Mississippi river. It is a weird term but apparently it is part of the deal.
Is there much of a Marvel presence out in DL at the moment?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Sun 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Merch in the parks, I have heard (I don't go looking for characters because I am not a plush stuffer) that they are also physically present/are going to be present in the parks.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Good news, an updated schedule for the release of the upcoming avatar trilogy (making a total of four films for the series) has been found. The first movie will be out in 2016 and like the lord of the rings/hobbit films, each year after will have a sequel. Which means avatar land still has room to make it on time. :D

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/fox-jam ... r-sequels/

Cardinals314
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Cardinals314 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Personally, I really despised Avatar. The story has been done over and over again. It's sad that people are asking for more movies like this by giving the movie a gross of over 2 billion dollars. I'm not interested in the movies, but I am interested on how the area in AK turns out.
My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Probably the only reason film companies, Disney included, are interested in the future is that box office numbers have been on a steady decline and they have started the practice of highlighting minor victories for films that still have flash in the pan lifespans.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Mon 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Probably the only reason film companies, Disney included, are interested in the future is that box office numbers have been on a steady decline and they have started the practice of highlighting minor victories for films that still have flash in the pan lifespans.
Well when it costs us, a family of four, almost $100 just to see a movie, eat popcorn, and have a soda, we do a lot of "yeah I can wait for the DVD" judging. I'm with Cardinals, although I didn't despise Avatar. I just felt like I'd heard the story before. Many, many times before. Visually stunning, yeah, but nothing to make me go "ooh, Avatarland!"
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Aug Mon 05, 2013 12:20 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:I still think Avatar is delayed cause Disney is trying to find a way to get out of it. I cringe just seeing Avatar threads....
I've been hoping the same thing. No matter how many things I've read about it, I still don't think it fits at all. I know it won't happen, but I still want the Beastly Kingdom.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Cardinals314

Post by Cardinals314 » Oct Sat 12, 2013 8:59 am

With the announcement of the new nighttime entertainment, Disney released some Avatar concept pictures. Even though people are expecting this land to be done by 2016, I think 2017 is a more accurate date

My WDW Trip Report March 2013

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 12, 2013 12:23 pm

Considering how they usually operate, it will probably be partially done when it opens with another big ride in progress as a means of trying to lure the guests back on a few years. Also it gives them a jumpstart on paying down the costs since people will be less likely to book trips once stuff starts closing up at AK.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Wonderful, another land/attraction based on a movie I never saw...although the second picture of a boat-type attraction looks pretty :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Well, there is no law stopping you from seeing the movie, and I think it might even be old enough to start showing up on network tv. :D