Are you bored with the MK???

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Are you bored with the MK???

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 23, 2012 6:57 am

Orlando Attractions magazine posted a video with all of the cards and a few interesting blurbs about the game in the video...here is the link if anyone is interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0iC4zMzAaA

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 10, 2012 7:52 am

MiceAge had a nice article about the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game. Here is the link for anyone interested...http://miceage.micechat.com/kevinyee/ky041012a.htm

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Sat 14, 2012 4:51 pm

I can't wait to play! :ccat:

Is it possible for each member of the family to get their own cards or is it one set per family? Also, can you get more than one set per day?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 14, 2012 6:57 pm

momeja wrote:I can't wait to play! :ccat:

Is it possible for each member of the family to get their own cards or is it one set per family? Also, can you get more than one set per day?
I'm pretty certain that each person can get their own set of 5 cards. I've seen in a discussion elsewhere that the system resets around 9 pm so you can get another set of cards then. Plus, if you finish a level, you can get more cards the same day.

EDIT: Found this interesting tidbit for you. Your family can play all under one key card, or have your own key card. But if you have your own card, then you probably won't have the same starting point. Here is the link to the article I was reading if you are interested...http://zannaland.com/sorcerers-of-the-magic-kingdom/
You start off by heading to the Main Street Firehouse. There you can watch a preview, check in with your ticket media and receive a key card, 5 spell cards and a map marking the portal locations. You are given a key card which will correspond with your park pass. So you cannot have 5 key cards and expect to get spell cards for each key. You must present your park pass with your key card, so everyone can play fairly. You then watch a tutorial with Merlin so you know exactly what to do when you set out on your quest. Now here you must make a decision with your group – you can all battle together under one key card, or if you each receive a key card, you will most likely be separated and sent to different lands to explore the portals at different times. When we first checked in, we got key cards for each of our family members, but only used one, so we stayed together. Now that we’ve been playing for about a week, my older kids or husband can go off and fight at a portal in a different location within the same land. We usually stay together until we all get portals in the same land though, so for example, if my son gets Adventureland and I get Fantasyland, we’ll go to one land and then wait until he gets Fantasyland too so we can be in the same area. Of course it’s up to you how you want to handle these battles, and keep in mind, not going where the portal tells you to can impact your wait time.
Last edited by Amy on Apr Sat 14, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Sat 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Just out of curiosity, is it tied to the park ticket or to the hotel room? (I know they are the same thing) As in does the system only work for people staying on site?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Just out of curiosity, is it tied to the park ticket or to the hotel room? (I know they are the same thing) As in does the system only work for people staying on site?
It must be tied to the ticket itself as all guests can play, not just those staying on-site.

jiminycricket
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by jiminycricket » Apr Thu 19, 2012 7:36 pm

I love the MK! Im into Classic Disney! I just wish people will put more pride in their work! Lets not be a group of people who hides behind a name! Keep making the dreams come true!

jiminycricket

Post by jiminycricket » Apr Thu 19, 2012 8:19 pm

People today are different! Kids grow up way too fast and they dont get to be children long enough! youngsters today dont read,they play video games! Video games and IPADS are the new baby sitters! Parents seem way too busy for their children! Work,work,work all the time! People dont know how to slow down and smell the roses! To some, the rat race is all they know! What they need to realize is that they can never gain a day that way! Slow down, enjoy everyday, appreciate Gods creation and remember what it was like to be a kid! The wonderful world of disney would come on Sunday night and you would sit in front of the TV and dream of going to Disney World! Riding the monorail and entering into the park! Walking onto Main Street and filling the excitement of knowing you were there! How can anyone get bored! dont rush yourself once inside the park! soak the MK in! Have an adventure,have a fantasy, go into the future, take a step back into the past! when you see and feel the magic, video games and todays forms of entertainment will become boring!

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Thu 26, 2012 5:19 pm

UPDATE: So we haven't played the game in a few weeks and noticed that it was easier to defeat the villains this time. Turns out that Medium and Hard have been turned off because it was taking too long for guests who are not going to be at WDW as much as the locals to finish. A CM who works SotMK told us that Medium and Hard will be in "refurb" until the end of Summer. Until then, if you finish up easy, you can go back to the Firehouse on Main Street or the podium in Liberty Square and get another pack of cards. If you are local and have time, you can spend the time on easy to "level up" your spells until Medium and Hard come back.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Thu 26, 2012 5:47 pm

That is the of the big design flaws that you don't usually catch until after it rolls out. Since they mentioned, I think, that they wish to expand the system, the retooling might not be as critical if they simply are able to disperse the people more and more.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 26, 2012 7:18 pm

That's interesting. I wonder if they could build something in that would recognize how often you play, and then the game could ramp up the difficulty for a guest who has played a lot. That would let the locals have a challenge and keep the tourists from getting frustrated...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Thu 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Do they have some unique identifier that you use to sign on at each location? (since it sounds like they treat it like an RPG) If so then they may have pansy code for when you fail after X number of times. :D Outside of an AI director I once saw, they usually don't have anything that will up the difficulty if the game is too easy. Not because it is hard to do, rather it is more of a d-bag thing that will put players off.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Thu 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Do they have some unique identifier that you use to sign on at each location? (since it sounds like they treat it like an RPG) If so then they may have pansy code for when you fail after X number of times.
The key card you are given when you first start has all the info on it. I could be wrong but I think the info is also sent back to the computers they have at the podium in Liberty Square and the Firehouse on Main Street as my girlfriend needed to get a new key card and the info was just transferred to the new one and she started where she left with the last one.
― Dr. Seuss

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Thu 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Oh, so when you come up to data reader you first scan an ID device of some sort then it plays the proper response?

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Thu 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Oh, so when you come up to data reader you first scan an ID device of some sort then it plays the proper response?
When you come to the Firehouse or the podium in Liberty Square, you hand your ticket associated with the game and your key card to a CM and they swipe your ticket to make sure it is the right one and to make sure you haven't already gotten your pack of cards for the day. When you go out into the park and do the quest, there are key holes where you put your key card and it senses that a key card is there and can read the info on the key card. It'll even remember where you are supposed to be if you go to the wrong spot.
― Dr. Seuss