Disney Quest

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: Disney Quest

Post by Sleepy90 » Sep Tue 13, 2011 4:01 pm

The games are all included in the admission price apart from the creepy toy making section where you make hideous contraptions like the horrid boy in Toy Story.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Feb Tue 07, 2017 10:28 pm

Disney Quest is finally closing... again. Last day of operation is July 2 and will be replaced by the NBA Experience. Article from Orlando Sentinel here: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/a ... story.html

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 08, 2017 9:17 am

NaCler wrote:Disney Quest is finally closing... again. Last day of operation is July 2 and will be replaced by the NBA Experience. Article from Orlando Sentinel here: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/a ... story.html
If I lived close to WDW, I might have been more tempted to go to Disney Quest ~ it was sort of fun wandering around it on our last trip, but it wouldn't be something I would want to take time away from the parks to do on a normal basis. As long as Sum of All Thrills stays open in EPCOT, I won't miss Disney Quest too much. I doubt I will ever go to the NBA Experience unless someone I am with wants to go. But I'm sure there will be many people who will enjoy it so that will be good. Onward and upward as DQ has been neglected for quite some time by all accounts.

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Feb Wed 08, 2017 9:57 am

I was at DQ only once during my last trip and only because I had the Waterpark and more Option on my Ticket.

It was fun but I also won't miss it much. Arcades are not very popular here in Germany. This could be a reason too.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Wed 08, 2017 2:53 pm

They aren't popular here either, hence why the other location in Chicago failed and the WDW location was kept open so they wouldn't have a giant gaping hole (Phrasing: Boom!) in their center.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Feb Wed 08, 2017 8:05 pm

It would appear that most people feel the same way we do - we would go if it was included in our ticket (one year, our 2008 trip, we got that ticket and enjoyed it). The concept was a fun one for the time. But it's just not a thing anymore. I can't remember the last time I saw a group of pre-teens standing around an arcade game watching the one older dude play for 3 hours on a single quarter.

I can't remember the last time I saw a group of pre-teens giving their attention to anything, come to think of it. :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Wed 08, 2017 9:37 pm

What is a "quarter"? If it doesn't take venmo then it's worthless.