Disney Quest

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Disney Quest

Post by rphillips14 » Aug Sat 27, 2011 4:20 am

As you all know we'll be returning to the world soon and are debating about Disney Quest. Please give us your opinions concerning all things Disney Quest good and bad. Here are some particular questions:

1. Would a 5 year old like it?
2. Is it worth it?
3. Are the games functional and updated?

Please offer any other info or opinion you have concernng Disney Quest... Thank You! :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney Quest

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Sat 27, 2011 10:56 am

If you're going to get world hopper (they might be called "Magic your way") passes with your vacation, that's the one that includes the water parks, mini golf, etc., then you already get access to DQ so cost isn't a factor.

They have stuff for children in there but if you want an early idea you could go and try to find an arcade and see if he hates it or not.

oboeman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by oboeman » Sep Sun 11, 2011 2:26 pm

There are some great things at Disney quest, but I just don't think it's worth the price. I would go if it's included in your ticket package. Otherwise I could find more fun things to do or buy than go to DQ.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Sep Sun 11, 2011 3:26 pm

1. Yes
2. To a five year old, yes (that's all that should matter :wink: )
3. Depends on who you ask
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sun 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah updated might not be a proper term anymore since the arcade has gone past death and is now turning into fertilizer.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Yeah updated might not be a proper term anymore since the arcade has gone past death and is now turning into fertilizer.
Sad but true. My niece today barely looked up from her Mom's iphone and nook in the 7 or 8 hours we were together. I don't think the arcade would be as fascinating to the kids since they can play all day on portable devices. Their hands aren't used to gross motor controls :lol:

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Sep Mon 12, 2011 6:28 am

Disney Quest is at times very crowded. We have an ultimate ticket with our package which lets us in as part of the deal.

Joe likes the driving games and the planes, I however like the old traditional games like Galaxian and Pac man. Take these out of the equation for the minute and we have:-

Buzz Lightyears Blaster, enclosed dodgems with blasting balls which if you hit the targets on the other vehicles make them spin on the spot.

Pinball Wizard, you stand on a movable platform and you are the pinball, big screen in front on the wall and you play against other players, kids seem to love this game but for adults it could be exhausting mind you that depends how much you put into it.

Alien encounter, Four people to a room one pilot the rest are gunners and you have to save the colonists from the aliens good shoot em up game.

There is another virtual reality game which I can not remember the name of but you wear a helmet and you have a wand, it is quite fun to play but even funnier to watch.

Rollercoaster, You build your own coaster and ride it in a simulator, not good for people who have simulator sickness. I was great but Joe felt Queasy.

There is also an animation studio but we never have been in it is always crowded.

Jungle Cruise, You sit in a raft with paddles and watch the screen in front, you have to reclaim something and have to paddle through the water it is a bit like white water rafting and can get a bit bumpy but again kids love it.

Pirates of the Caribbean, You put on googles and enter a ship deck you have one skipper and up to six gunners, you have to collect treasure from the boats and kill a serpent and fight the ghost ship which is out to plunder your treasure at the end you get your scores and see how well or badly you have done. If you go this is a must play.

Hope this helps.

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Sep Mon 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Thank you sleepy...Extremely helpful!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 12, 2011 9:03 pm

The Buzz Lightyear's Blaster sounds very cool!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Tue 13, 2011 12:30 pm

Amy wrote:The Buzz Lightyear's Blaster sounds very cool!
We went in 2003 and this was one of my faves...though I remember it being a little difficult to maneuver. If my memory serves me correctly, it is a 2 person car. One person is the driver and one is the shooter.

What's scary is, I remember before there was a charge to go in. That's how it was when we first went there in 1998...you used to have a card that you just reloaded with credits($$$).

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Tue 13, 2011 12:48 pm

That reminds me, do the games go to free play later at night? I remember the time I was there the park hopper was all you needed to get in and all rides and games were free.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:That reminds me, do the games go to free play later at night? I remember the time I was there the park hopper was all you needed to get in and all rides and games were free.
Hmmm, I was going to ask if any games are included in the admission price or if you have to pay to play everything?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Tue 13, 2011 2:19 pm

I remember it the way MmeLeota does, but that was also a long time ago. Who's been recently who can answer the question about the pricing structure?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Tue 13, 2011 3:33 pm

It looks like, according to a site, that all the games are free to play except for ones that award prizes. The pricing model must not have always been that way though since I remember going and it was free inside but all the machines were still equiped with card readers.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Tue 13, 2011 4:00 pm

When we went in 1998 we didn't pay to get in, but it was pay-to-play. When we went in 2003, there was an entry charge but the games/rides were free (other than certain experiences...we did some sort of personalized thing...a CD I think).