Does anyone remember anything like this?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

LITTLEBIT
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Does anyone remember anything like this?

Post by LITTLEBIT » Jun Mon 06, 2011 8:58 pm

In 1997, my dad took just me down to WDW to celebrate me graduating highschool and when we were at Epcot, the funniest thing happened. We were right in front of the line/entry to Spaceship Earth when this golf car with two cast members stopped in front of this 10 year old boy and his parents, they got off and started squirting the boy with squirt guns. He was wearing a Taz shirt and they were telling him, "Wrong Theme Park Kid, Wrong Theme Park."

Did anyone ever see anything like this? If you did, do you know how long they might have done this? We thought it was hilarious at the time and so did the family but I could see how people would freak out if it happened to them.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Does anyone remember anything like this?

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 06, 2011 9:15 pm

LITTLEBIT wrote:In 1997, my dad took just me down to WDW to celebrate me graduating highschool and when we were at Epcot, the funniest thing happened. We were right in front of the line/entry to Spaceship Earth when this golf car with two cast members stopped in front of this 10 year old boy and his parents, they got off and started squirting the boy with squirt guns. He was wearing a Taz shirt and they were telling him, "Wrong Theme Park Kid, Wrong Theme Park."

Did anyone ever see anything like this? If you did, do you know how long they might have done this? We thought it was hilarious at the time and so did the family but I could see how people would freak out if it happened to them.
Wow ~ that does not sound like something Disney would do. I suppose it was some of the atmosphere performers? Never saw anything like this at all :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Mon 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Nope, I don't remember anything like that at all! Disney castmembers assaulting the guests?!? Normally, doing anything like that would get you fired!

wdwparksgal
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by wdwparksgal » Jun Mon 06, 2011 10:48 pm

That is a new one on me! I've been to Epcot so many days on so many vacations I've lost count of them, but I have never seen anything like a pargo stopping and using squirt guns on anyone! :lol:
Walt Disney World. Home away from Home.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Mon 06, 2011 10:49 pm

It might be a combo of memories that combined (human memory isn't as perfect as you would expect) that somehow ended up being drive by brand shooting.

lonepalm
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by lonepalm » Jun Mon 06, 2011 10:54 pm

Wow, could you imagine doing that in today's world? They would be sued because the target would be "scarred for life and afraid of squirt guns, golf carts, Looney Tunes, theme parks, rides, people and water, not to mention the recurring nightmares and anxiety and the hoards of medications that the person must take every single day in order to try and live a normal life".

To be quite honest, what the original poster said IS something that NEEDS to happen in today's world and when that person tries to sue, a judge stand up, laugh, and tell that person to get a sense of humor. Now THAT would be a dream!

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Tue 07, 2011 7:29 am

If any CM were to do that, they'd be fired not too long afterwards. And driving one of the backstage only golf carts on stage during guest hours is also a big no-no! I'm thinking it was a few CMs on their last day of employment with Disney because no CM is that stupid...
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Jun Tue 07, 2011 10:31 am

I have heard rumors of it being the other way around. Ive had people tell me they went to Universal and had a Disney shirt on, and an employee made a comment such as "wrong park kid" but never showing up in a golf cart and attacking them with squirt guns.
"now, bring me that horizon"

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Jun Tue 07, 2011 10:59 am

I asked my Dad the other day about it to make sure I hadn't dreamed it up and he remembered it. I really wish I had had my camera that day and could have gotten a few shots.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 07, 2011 11:20 am

leblanan wrote:I have heard rumors of it being the other way around. Ive had people tell me they went to Universal and had a Disney shirt on, and an employee made a comment such as "wrong park kid" but never showing up in a golf cart and attacking them with squirt guns.
LITTLEBIT wrote:I asked my Dad the other day about it to make sure I hadn't dreamed it up and he remembered it. I really wish I had had my camera that day and could have gotten a few shots.
I could see this happening more at Universal than Disney. Maybe MadEye is right, it was some CM's last hurrah on their way out the door?

Torylovesdisney
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Torylovesdisney » Jun Tue 07, 2011 11:31 am

Wow that is bizzare. I googled it and got no responses, so it definitely seems like a one time deal. Geee how can I get fired today, I know! :)
[color=red][b]Only [i]Disney People[/i] understand [i]Disney People[/i]![/b][/color]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 07, 2011 11:38 am

Torylovesdisney wrote:Wow that is bizzare. I googled it and got no responses, so it definitely seems like a one time deal. Geee how can I get fired today, I know! :)
Or..."My CP program ended today, I never, ever want to work here again, what sort of havoc can I cause on my way out!" :lol:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Tue 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Amy wrote:
Torylovesdisney wrote:Wow that is bizzare. I googled it and got no responses, so it definitely seems like a one time deal. Geee how can I get fired today, I know! :)
Or..."My CP program ended today, I never, ever want to work here again, what sort of havoc can I cause on my way out!" :lol:
Most of the things I've seen and heard have been backstage. Never including guests. Of course, there are idiots who don't think before they act...
― Dr. Seuss

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Tue 07, 2011 12:37 pm

leblanan wrote:I have heard rumors of it being the other way around. Ive had people tell me they went to Universal and had a Disney shirt on, and an employee made a comment such as "wrong park kid" but never showing up in a golf cart and attacking them with squirt guns.
Yep, Universal employees are known to "taunt" guests who wear Disney clothes at the parks. Heck, there was a short time that the sinking tour boat in the Jaws ride had a pair of Mickey ears near it in the water.

But they know not to do anything physical to guests so as not to have themselves or the company sued. Halloween Horror Nights has a very strict rule of no touching of the guests and vice versa. I can only imagine how strict it is when HHN isn't going on.
― Dr. Seuss

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Tue 07, 2011 6:57 pm

At Universal Studios (USO), there are characters dressed up as old Hollywood comedy stars: Marx Brothers, W.C. Fields, etc. I remember one time one had a squirting lapel flower years back (it's been some time since I've seen them do this at USO and it's been some time since I've been to USO). It was not a water gun, but close in the fact it had water. They did squirt guests, and may have teased them for Disney shirts, but it was more harmless than attacking. I don't think they went about seeking people wearing Disney clothing and berate them. As MadEye pointed out, these characters have follow strict fules and don't "attack" or even touch guests. Also, at USO, I've never seem them come in a cart, but I have seen a cart show up to take them away to the back areas.