Been on Disney Tours?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Been on Disney Tours?

Post by cousininmiami » May Thu 19, 2011 11:06 am

Have you been on any of the Walt Disney World Tours? Which ones, and did you like them?

We went on The Keys To The Kingdom Tour at Magic Kingdom last year, and it was amazing! The highlight was ending up in the "Utilidors" under Magic Kingdom! Loved it doesn't even come close to how awesome it was. We also went on the Behind The Seeds Tour in EPCOT, which was fun and very informative. The Land happened to be closed for refurbishment so this was a nice way to see the Land as well. The highlights of that tour were sampling some of the fruits and veggies as well as releasing butterflies in the main growing area.

This summers vacation we are going on the Backstage Magic Tour, which will be 8 hours long and will cover all 4 theme parks. I am really looking forward to this tour, it should be incredible! We have also signed up for the Undiscovered Future World at EPCOT. This tour is 4 hours I think and I am super excited for this one as well!

I will be giving updates on the tours and our 9 days at WDW this July. I can't wait!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Been on Disney Tours?

Post by Amy » May Thu 19, 2011 11:56 am

Out of the tours you have mentioned, we have taken the Backstage Magic Tour. It really was a great tour...lots of information and great peeks behind the scenes :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Thu 19, 2011 12:26 pm

It's been a loooooooooong time ago, but I did do the Behind the Seeds tour and our family enjoyed it...

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » May Thu 19, 2011 12:57 pm

I have never been on any tours but DW and I are planning on doing the Behind the Seeds tour in June. :)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » May Thu 19, 2011 4:58 pm

Undiscovered Future World is great. If you're an EPCOT geek like me, you'll like it. My favorite part of the tour was when we got to go into the Living Seas VIP lounge which, as you might be aware, will be converted to my evil lair when I become Dictator of Walt Disney World.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 19, 2011 7:44 pm

Future Guy wrote:Undiscovered Future World is great. If you're an EPCOT geek like me, you'll like it. My favorite part of the tour was when we got to go into the Living Seas VIP lounge which, as you might be aware, will be converted to my evil lair when I become Dictator of Walt Disney World.
But you will invite your loyal subjects in every once in a while right?!?! :mrgreen:

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » May Fri 20, 2011 9:56 am

Future Guy wrote:Undiscovered Future World is great. If you're an EPCOT geek like me, you'll like it. My favorite part of the tour was when we got to go into the Living Seas VIP lounge which, as you might be aware, will be converted to my evil lair when I become Dictator of Walt Disney World.
Wow, didn't know you were the Dictator, Cool! Seriously, I am an EPCOT geek so thanks for the feedback!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

jacobcary1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by jacobcary1 » May Fri 20, 2011 10:05 am

I went on the tour of the Land a long time ago. I remember it being pretty cool though, learned a lot of stuff. There are several others I would really enjoy going on.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Fri 20, 2011 10:28 am

I want to go on the Wild Africa Trek. It looks like a lot of fun, and from the looks of it, you get to sit in a sheltered area on the savanna and watch the safari expeditions go by.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

jacobcary1

Post by jacobcary1 » May Fri 20, 2011 10:35 am

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:I want to go on the Wild Africa Trek. It looks like a lot of fun, and from the looks of it, you get to sit in a sheltered area on the savanna and watch the safari expeditions go by.
Sounds exciting to do, It just seems like it would be hot unless they have AC in the sheltered area.

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Fri 20, 2011 1:57 pm

jacobcary1 wrote:
Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:I want to go on the Wild Africa Trek. It looks like a lot of fun, and from the looks of it, you get to sit in a sheltered area on the savanna and watch the safari expeditions go by.
Sounds exciting to do, It just seems like it would be hot unless they have AC in the sheltered area.
I would hope so. At least some fans. It's a pretty decent sized outlook platform thing.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:
jacobcary1 wrote:
I would hope so. At least some fans. It's a pretty decent sized outlook platform thing.
Haven't seen that tour yet. Sounds like it would be nice. I was spoiled by going on safaris in Africa so I probably wouldn't do this tour unless it was relatively inexpensive. Although it would probably lead to some really nice picture taking opportunities!
I went on the Segway Tour around EPCOT this past December. That was fun :D

stinoi
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by stinoi » May Fri 20, 2011 7:39 pm

We've been on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We enjoyed the behind-the-scenes tours of our favorite rides, seeing all of the parade floats back in the "garage", and checking out the Utilidors. We also had a tour guide who looked a heck of a lot like John Travolta. Captain Hook was apparently a friend and kept pestering the buttons on our John-Travolta-look-alike's vest, to his dismay. As you can tell, it was a memorable time. :)

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » May Sat 21, 2011 9:54 am

I am on hold with Disney right now, am going to find out about the Wild Africa Trek. If not too terribly expensive, we might do it! Will let you all know!

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » May Sat 21, 2011 11:54 am

OK, so I cancelled Backstage Magic and made the Wild Africa Trek! After talking to a cast member about it, it sounds amazing! And I kept the Undiscovered Future World and the Segway tour through the EPCOT countries. I am now totally excited, woo-hoo! I changed my mind because it is the newest tour, and is totally different than any other tour, up-close and personal with the animals, hanging over the edge of cliffs, and getting across small wooden bridges. Also, it comes with a photo cd pass thing for your whole vacation, which I feel is a good value too. There is a camara-man with you on the safari, because you can't take pictures, and you can add up all the photo pass cards for the trip on the one unlimited CD. Cool right?