Favorite Character dining experiences

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Jun Tue 28, 2005 11:47 pm

who? me? it would be wrong if you assume I have kids. Not quite old enough to have/want kids (even though I know people yonger than me have them). Plus, I'd need a partner to assist (in making, not really handling).
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

simplecomp
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by simplecomp » Jun Wed 29, 2005 8:43 am

Sorry, I ment wrong in assuming they shouldnt have gone ahead with the picture thing and me not wanting my sons pictures out there.

GoofyInOhio
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by GoofyInOhio » Jul Fri 29, 2005 1:13 pm

My favorite is at O'hana's. I love the food and the characters. My second favorite is the Castle breakfast. Now the food isn't that great to me, but the decor and the view are something that can make anyone feel like a child.
Bloody Pirate!

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Aug Fri 05, 2005 1:02 pm

We have been to the Crystal Palace , Liberty Tree Inn, Donald's Restaurantosaurus, and Chef Mickey's.

Without the doubt the winner is Donald's Restaurantosaurus. Not for the food or characters that are there, but for the servers. Ours was very entertaining, doing magic tricks, telling jokes and interacting with the kids. I wish I could share the videos I took. They are great memories of a fun breakfast.

mickster68
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Character dining

Post by mickster68 » Aug Tue 16, 2005 12:10 pm

Oops! I can't believe I missed this thread- :oops: -sorry! This is full of great info.
***Tami

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8963/userbar529325pw1.gif[/img][/url]

Come say helloo! www.myspace.com/gotdisney

Jwc247
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Ohanas

Post by Jwc247 » Aug Sat 20, 2005 11:45 am

I like Ohanas breakfast in the polynesian they have relly good food :D :D :D

RiaLucia
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by RiaLucia » Oct Sat 01, 2005 1:12 pm

Aw man, you all just reminded me that I have three, not two, character breakfasts left to do before I have them all done. I've been to Chef Mickey's four times, O'Hana's twice, 1900 Park Fare, Hollywood & Vine (no longer a character dining experience), Cinderella's Royal Table, and Cape May Cafe once. I've yet to do Crystal Palace, Donald's Restrauntosaurus, and the Princess Storybook. I hope to cram them in before my internship is up in January '06. My favorite is Chef Mickey's. It's wonderful in every aspect: great characters (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy), full buffet spread, in the Contemporary and view of the monorail, and they periodically get everyone involved and excited for Chef Mickey to appear by swinging your napkins above your heads. My second fave is O'Hana, probably only because it's served family style. Not that I expressely dislike family-style, but for breakfast I love to have as many options as possible. Otherwise it's fantastic b/c you get Mickey, Goofy, and Chip and Dale: all my favorite fur characters!

I haven't done any character lunches or dinners, though, so I welcome one of those.

bigboodah71

Post by bigboodah71 » Oct Thu 20, 2005 1:53 am

Ohana is getting Lilo and Stitch... and yes I do remember The Crystal Palace when it was just another restaurant, of course I remember when all the restaurants were just restaurants...I must be getting toooo old.

CDAbleson

Post by CDAbleson » Oct Thu 20, 2005 7:09 am

My daughters grew up absolutely loving the Royal Table, Ohana's & the Lberty Tree Tavern....We also enjoyed the breakfast, which had been held at Olivia's, in Old Key West.

charliec7
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by charliec7 » Dec Fri 09, 2005 4:26 pm

1900 park Fare is my favorite. Love the Mad Hatter and the Chesse Blintzes!

disneyinfopage
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by disneyinfopage » Dec Fri 09, 2005 8:21 pm

When we stayed at The Beach Club Villas last year, my daughter (then 2 years) wanted to have breakfast with "Chips" and "Gueffy" every morning... EVERY morning!! LOL

This year, it was Princesses all the way (Norway, Grand Floridian, and then in Disneyland, we ate at Ariel's Grotto).

Judy °o°

allybee18
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by allybee18 » Dec Mon 12, 2005 8:35 pm

I'd have to say the land because my family and I were looking for a nice place to eat but not that crazy. It's my favorite b/c Pluto gave me food. It was quite funny!

allybee18

Post by allybee18 » Dec Fri 16, 2005 7:09 pm

I really like liberty Tree Inn

bayouminnie

Post by bayouminnie » Dec Fri 16, 2005 8:33 pm

Wow, I hadn't been to a Character meal in a couple years (teen kids now :( ). Our favorite was the one at MGM. It is a shame that's gone. We took loads of people, to traveling with us, to the Contemporary.

We would eat some quick Devil's Food Crumb Entemann's donuts for breakfast (can't get them in Louisiana), head to early day at MK, have our breakfast scheduled for the last breakfast priority seating at Chef Mickey's and head out of MK at about 10:30 on the monorail to Contemporary. This is about the time the park starts getting crowded, we are ready for a break, and if you've played it right - you've ridden 8-10 rides already. You get to Chef Mickey's, load up on breakfast foods you want quickly because they will be bringing lunch to the buffet. Then you get what you want for lunch and you're full till late that night!

We are cheap to te bone! You gotta be if you want to visit 4-5 times a year while traveling from Louisiana!

mjs805
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by mjs805 » Dec Thu 29, 2005 11:27 am

We are big fans of the dinner at Chef Mickey's. Lots of character interaction and the best food I have had at a character meal. I also like to sit back and watch the monorails glide by.

Cape May breakfast is a close second, since Beach Club Villas is our home resort and where we stay most times.

Mike
"Aloha and Welcome to the Polynesian Village Resort!"