Mickey's Toontown Fair officially leaving..

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: Mickey's Toontown Fair officially leaving..

Post by aboden » Jan Fri 14, 2011 5:22 pm

I would agree Mindflipper how it seemed cheap. It was just like something to fill the space by the train stop between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Sun 23, 2011 9:49 pm

I too remember when they called it Mickey's Starland! I don't remember liking it as a child. I do enjoy Mickey and Minnie's house though! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 24, 2011 6:11 am

boilerbabe wrote:I too remember when they called it Mickey's Starland! I don't remember liking it as a child. I do enjoy Mickey and Minnie's house though! :D
Did you and b-dude get to Toon Town this past trip? How about you and your Mom the month before that?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Mon 24, 2011 11:10 am

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:I too remember when they called it Mickey's Starland! I don't remember liking it as a child. I do enjoy Mickey and Minnie's house though! :D
Did you and b-dude get to Toon Town this past trip? How about you and your Mom the month before that?
B-dude and I did make it over to Toontown during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party! My mom and I did not make it over though.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Mon 24, 2011 11:24 pm

I for one am so thankful that Toontown is DONE. What an eyesore and a waste of space! Enlarging Fantasyland is a much better use of that area, to me. I can hardly wait for the whole project to finish.

MansionButler

Post by MansionButler » Jan Mon 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Amy wrote:I'm glad I got the chance to go through there quickly last week! But I wish I had been able to take more photos :( There was a very boisterous tour group of young ladies from another country that had taken over Minnie's house to the point where there were a few families with young children ready to strangle the ladies. I didn't fight much to take photos in there...shoot :(
I started making this series of area clips almost two years ago, with little urgency. Once the Fantasyland news came up, I realized I needed to get that stuff before it was altered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eAxtwI67UU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMzjPwxB0WI

I've been slow about uploading all of them, but I made sure to get Toontown up. They have such a different meaning knowing it's all going to be gone, completely. I never liked TTF, and I'm not going to miss it once, but it's surreal that an entire themed land that's been a part of WDW for almost as long as I can remember is going to be relegated to pictures, videos and memory soon.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Tue 25, 2011 12:52 am

Amy wrote:I'm glad I got the chance to go through there quickly last week! But I wish I had been able to take more photos :( There was a very boisterous tour group of young ladies from another country that had taken over Minnie's house to the point where there were a few families with young children ready to strangle the ladies. I didn't fight much to take photos in there...shoot :(
On a side note... Amy, those are the notorious Brazilians. They're always down this time of year. I want to strangle them myself. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 25, 2011 6:29 am

MansionButler wrote:I started making this series of area clips almost two years ago, with little urgency. Once the Fantasyland news came up, I realized I needed to get that stuff before it was altered.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eAxtwI67UU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMzjPwxB0WI
I've been slow about uploading all of them, but I made sure to get Toontown up. They have such a different meaning knowing it's all going to be gone, completely. I never liked TTF, and I'm not going to miss it once, but it's surreal that an entire themed land that's been a part of WDW for almost as long as I can remember is going to be relegated to pictures, videos and memory soon.
I'm glad you managed to capture lots of crying children ~ it adds to the authenticity and the "feels-like-I'm-right-there" atmosphere! :lol: