Mickey's Toontown Fair officially leaving..

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

mkfan1992
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Mickey's Toontown Fair officially leaving..

Post by mkfan1992 » Dec Thu 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Mickey's Toontown Fair may be leaving sooner than expected....
Check out this page from WDWMagic:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fan ... y-2011.htm
Cast a spell of light, glimmering, shimmering, CAROUSELING!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Mickey's Toontown Fair officially leaving..

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 23, 2010 8:53 pm

I'm glad I got the chance to go through there quickly last week! But I wish I had been able to take more photos :( There was a very boisterous tour group of young ladies from another country that had taken over Minnie's house to the point where there were a few families with young children ready to strangle the ladies. I didn't fight much to take photos in there...shoot :(

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Dec Fri 24, 2010 11:23 am

Amy wrote:I'm glad I got the chance to go through there quickly last week! But I wish I had been able to take more photos :( There was a very boisterous tour group of young ladies from another country that had taken over Minnie's house to the point where there were a few families with young children ready to strangle the ladies. I didn't fight much to take photos in there...shoot :(
They were probably from Brazil. Those tour groups are notorious for that sort of behavior. Nothing against Brazilians, it's just those tour groups usually comprise the age group that act like that regardless of their national origin. You send them to another country on some big trip and teenagers will act like that. I speak from personal experience from having been a teenager and now dealing with them on an almost daily basis. There's a certain sense of "if I'm loud and obnoxious I'll be considered funny, popular, and will be the center of attention" that seems to drive it.

I think it's just more exacerabated by the fact that Brazilians are used to much more lax social constraints as well. They're extremely carefree to the point where they don't necessarily care what you think. Don't believe me? Try going to a beach in Brazil...

Back on topic: I was never really interested in Toontown even as a child. I have a picture from when I met Micke whatever from like 17 years ago as a young child (I think it may have been Mickey's Starland at that point) but I don't even particularly remember that; the only thing I remember is watching some live show that had Darkwing Duck and Launchpad and maybe Baloo and Kid Cloudkicker from Talespin in it and although I loved that cartoon I don't think I particularly liked the show. I won't miss it I don't think unless they really turn Fantasyland into an abomination.
Last edited by Mr.ToadWildRider on Dec Tue 28, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Dec Fri 24, 2010 12:55 pm

I am bummed we didn't take the time to visit that part last week. We were with another family who didn't move at our pace and we just didn't get over there. I would have liked to ride Goofy's Barnstormer one more time over there with Dd before everything is changed around/ moved/ removed.

DIAC1987
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by DIAC1987 » Dec Sat 25, 2010 2:10 am

Amy wrote:I'm glad I got the chance to go through there quickly last week! But I wish I had been able to take more photos :( There was a very boisterous tour group of young ladies from another country that had taken over Minnie's house to the point where there were a few families with young children ready to strangle the ladies. I didn't fight much to take photos in there...shoot :(
They sound the infamous Brazilian groups that visit Disney a few times during the year. Good times, good times.. >_<

Toontown Fair had a lot of unmet potential...here's to hoping they replace it with something much better in the future.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 25, 2010 8:29 am

DIAC1987 wrote:
They sound the infamous Brazilian groups that visit Disney a few times during the year. Good times, good times.. >_<
Toontown Fair had a lot of unmet potential...here's to hoping they replace it with something much better in the future.
I think these might have been Argentinians ~ either way, they were being very rude and pushing in front of the little children :(
I agree with you diac, Toontown fair could be a lot more! I hope they work on it a bit while it is closed :D

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by aboden » Dec Wed 29, 2010 8:15 am

I'll have to admit I'm not sad, but I agree that it could have been so much more. Maybe due to the size constraints or other things. I never grew up with TTF, think I was in my mid teens when it opened and never got into it. To me it was always just a stop on the train that you got off for Tomorrow-land. I can't say why now but I did avoid it like the plague lol not being mean just an funny recollection of that time.

The only time I actually went through there was a few years back when I went with my brother, his now ex-wife and her kids.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Jan Tue 11, 2011 10:54 am

I'm glad they're keeping the barnstormer at least. however they re-theme it.
"now, bring me that horizon"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 11, 2011 11:27 am

I always thought Toontown seemed to built on the cheap. It always lessed like it was "less quality" compared to that of the rest of the park. DLR's Toontown was built far better quality than WDW. I had even wondered if WDW MK's Toontown was built to be temporary, and just outstayed its welcome. I will be glad to see it ago to be replaced by something that is built with better quality.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 11, 2011 11:40 am

mindflipper wrote:I always thought Toontown seemed to built on the cheap. It always lessed like it was "less quality" compared to that of the rest of the park. DLR's Toontown was built far better quality than WDW. I had even wondered if WDW MK's Toontown was built to be temporary, and just outstayed its welcome. I will be glad to see it ago to be replaced by something that is built with better quality.
I would have to agree with you on that one. DL has better theming and more to do in Toontown. WDW seems to be a bit of an afterthought and an area easily skipped if you don't have small children...although I do enjoy a spin on the Barnstormer!

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Jan Tue 11, 2011 11:43 am

It was originally temporary when it was Mickey's Birthdayland. Toontown Fair has always looked better than the original concept, but you're right it has always seemed of lesser quality. I'm glad it's going to finally blend nicer into the park.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 11, 2011 12:02 pm

I remember one time when it was called "Mickey's Starland" too. But when you've been to DLR's Toontown, which has the Roger Rabbit ride, you feel incredibly cheated when you go back to WDW MK's Toontown. So, I will be glad to see it go for something better...

leblanan

Post by leblanan » Jan Tue 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Oh def. When I went to Disneyland for the first time and saw how much better that one was, you totally feel cheated. It seems to be more of play area than anything else. It was fun when I was young, but now, except a quick spin on the barnstormer and a trip on the train, I never went over there

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 11, 2011 1:19 pm

mindflipper wrote:I remember one time when it was called "Mickey's Starland" too. But when you've been to DLR's Toontown, which has the Roger Rabbit ride, you feel incredibly cheated when you go back to WDW MK's Toontown. So, I will be glad to see it go for something better...
I vaguely remember it being Starland...Roger Rabbit is very cool!
leblanan wrote:Oh def. When I went to Disneyland for the first time and saw how much better that one was, you totally feel cheated. It seems to be more of play area than anything else. It was fun when I was young, but now, except a quick spin on the barnstormer and a trip on the train, I never went over there
There is so much more to explore in DL! I did miss when they stopped running the Jolly Trolley though :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:I remember one time when it was called "Mickey's Starland" too. But when you've been to DLR's Toontown, which has the Roger Rabbit ride, you feel incredibly cheated when you go back to WDW MK's Toontown. So, I will be glad to see it go for something better...
I vaguely remember it being Starland...Roger Rabbit is very cool!
The Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin was slated for WDW at MGM Disney way back, but after the whole Roger Rabbit lawsuit problems, the plans got nixed.