Disney Moms Panel

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Moms Panel

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 12, 2011 11:12 am

I talked F1gment into applying too! I'm guessing she is going to try for the Cruise Line spot though...

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Sep Mon 12, 2011 12:56 pm

I applied... again this year. Last year I had built this up in my mind so much that I was actually very disappointed when I did not get to the next level of interviewing. This year I applied again and will be hoping for a response, but not expecting. Good luck to all!!!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 12, 2011 1:26 pm

cousininmiami wrote:I applied... again this year. Last year I had built this up in my mind so much that I was actually very disappointed when I did not get to the next level of interviewing. This year I applied again and will be hoping for a response, but not expecting. Good luck to all!!!
Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up. It sounds like it takes 2 or 3 tries for a lot of panel members. It would be exciting though :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 12, 2011 1:40 pm

How many do they select out of the 20,000 applicants that they take in (prior to cutoff)?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:How many do they select out of the 20,000 applicants that they take in (prior to cutoff)?
I've looked a few places but can only find the 20,000 applicants to begin with...the next round is supposed to be conducted by email so I would guess it is still a pretty good number. By the third round I would think they have it down to close to the final number as those interviews are supposed to be conducted by phone.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Yeah, their screening method may also be a factor if they aren't using an exhausive serial search (going through every application) then they may reach their quota for the next phase before other applications are read.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Yeah, their screening method may also be a factor if they aren't using an exhausive serial search (going through every application) then they may reach their quota for the next phase before other applications are read.
Maybe, there isn't much personal info asked for in this initial screener though...there is one true/false question to test your knowledge of the parks, a couple questions assuring you are over 18 and have nothing sketchy in your past. There are 3 short essay questions (100 words or less) and you have to choose which resort you are interested in applying for...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Mon 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Writing samples are a popular screener, they may get screened first by a program and then the second round by a human. Hopefully you used a lot of positive adjectives and variety in your language selection, that makes machines happy.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Writing samples are a popular screener, they may get screened first by a program and then the second round by a human. Hopefully you used a lot of positive adjectives and variety in your language selection, that makes machines happy.
Hmmm, I wrote like I always do so hopefully that's a good thing. I have to stop myself from using smilies in my everyday writing now though ;) :lol:

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » Sep Tue 13, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm not sure how to feel about the Mom's Panel. On one hand, the panelists I've personally interacted with are great people. But holy Voltron, those Mom's Panel answers are always so relentlessly unstoppably positive and cheerful, even when the questions are incredibly stupid! Dave Barry once theorized that Disney cast members are so friendly because Walt realized that nice people would be in short supply in the future, so he froze a bunch of rural Nebraskans in 1958 and stored them in a giant freezer with a mouse-ears logo on the door and the company has been thawing them out as needed ever since. Personally, I think that's where they've been getting the Mom's Panelists. It also explains why Disney doesn't have any money to maintain the parks or the monorail system. They're spending it to teach unfrozen Nebraskans from 1958 how to use the Internet. We complain because they don't fix the Yeti, but we fail to realize that the ingenuity that would have been devoted to that problem is now being used to teach Mrs. Hortense L. Peesnicket that the computer mouse is not a foot pedal.

I, of course, am neither a parent nor a person who is capable of pretending that Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney are worth visiting, so I am not qualified to be a Mom's Panelist. So I went an formed a sort of Mom's Panel alternative, staffed by me and the voices in my head. It's called the WEDHead's Panel, and it's basically an evil Mirror-Universe version of the Mom's Panel. It's the Mom's Panel with an Evil Spock goatee, is what it is.

If you're bored, maybe you can check it out :twisted:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Tue 13, 2011 4:17 pm

They are like travel agents our tourguides but don't get benefits or comission. I'm guessing they dose them with E and give them a shock each time their smile falls below a certain level.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Thu 15, 2011 11:56 am

Future Guy wrote:I'm not sure how to feel about the Mom's Panel. On one hand, the panelists I've personally interacted with are great people. But holy Voltron, those Mom's Panel answers are always so relentlessly unstoppably positive and cheerful, even when the questions are incredibly stupid! Dave Barry once theorized that Disney cast members are so friendly because Walt realized that nice people would be in short supply in the future, so he froze a bunch of rural Nebraskans in 1958 and stored them in a giant freezer with a mouse-ears logo on the door and the company has been thawing them out as needed ever since. Personally, I think that's where they've been getting the Mom's Panelists. It also explains why Disney doesn't have any money to maintain the parks or the monorail system. They're spending it to teach unfrozen Nebraskans from 1958 how to use the Internet. We complain because they don't fix the Yeti, but we fail to realize that the ingenuity that would have been devoted to that problem is now being used to teach Mrs. Hortense L. Peesnicket that the computer mouse is not a foot pedal.

I, of course, am neither a parent nor a person who is capable of pretending that Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney are worth visiting, so I am not qualified to be a Mom's Panelist. So I went an formed a sort of Mom's Panel alternative, staffed by me and the voices in my head. It's called the WEDHead's Panel, and it's basically an evil Mirror-Universe version of the Mom's Panel. It's the Mom's Panel with an Evil Spock goatee, is what it is.

If you're bored, maybe you can check it out :twisted:
I've missed you around here, F-guy! Your sense of humor is first rate! I did check out your other site.... priceless!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 07, 2011 6:40 am

Has anyone else heard anything back from the application process? Just wondering if I should be disappointed yet or if there is still time to hope they are still sifting through applications...

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Oct Fri 07, 2011 8:02 am

No, I haven't heard yet and I was wondering the same thing. There's still a chance for us Amy!!!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 07, 2011 8:55 am

cousininmiami wrote:No, I haven't heard yet and I was wondering the same thing. There's still a chance for us Amy!!!
Yay! Let's hope so :D