Disney Moms Panel

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Moms Panel

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 18, 2010 10:42 am

boilerbabe wrote:That's pretty awesome that they send you to WDW for training!!! :D
I think we should both apply for next year ~ we can be the un-mom's with a different point of view :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Mon 18, 2010 10:53 am

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:That's pretty awesome that they send you to WDW for training!!! :D
I think we should both apply for next year ~ we can be the un-mom's with a different point of view :lol:
I like your way of thinking Amy!!! I do have B-dude and it's like having a small child at times, so I think my opinion should count!!! :lol:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Mon 18, 2010 3:12 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
Amy wrote:
I like your way of thinking Amy!!! I do have B-dude and it's like having a small child at times, so I think my opinion should count!!! :lol:
WOW!!! Poor B-Dude!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 18, 2010 6:49 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
Amy wrote:
And I have to watch Mouskedude and Jacca on here :roll:
Jacca5660 wrote:WOW!!! Poor B-Dude!!
Whoops! Didn't see you there Jacca old buddy :lol:

beautygirlsmom
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by beautygirlsmom » Oct Mon 18, 2010 7:00 pm

The training dates are around the same time each year - and it seems to be either the first or second weekend in December. I think there is some consideration given to the accommodations they'll need and how many rooms. Last year's new moms stayed at the Contemporary! We stayed at Coronado Springs, and it was wonderful - they gave us turn down service each evening, king sized beds, and we had a lovely surprise most evenings when we came home.

It's a great experience, and I encourage all Disney fans to apply!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Mon 18, 2010 7:22 pm

AMY wrote:And I have to watch Mouskedude and Jacca on here :roll:
Jacca5660 wrote:WOW!!! Poor B-Dude!!
Whoops! Didn't see you there Jacca old buddy :lol:
ImageImage
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

nicklesm17
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by nicklesm17 » Oct Mon 18, 2010 7:46 pm

beautygirlsmom wrote:The training dates are around the same time each year - and it seems to be either the first or second weekend in December. I think there is some consideration given to the accommodations they'll need and how many rooms. Last year's new moms stayed at the Contemporary! We stayed at Coronado Springs, and it was wonderful - they gave us turn down service each evening, king sized beds, and we had a lovely surprise most evenings when we came home.

It's a great experience, and I encourage all Disney fans to apply!
as my wife recalls, disney contacted her via e-mail to apply. so is this capped 20,000 applications a result of random disney contact, or is it open for anyone to apply? i'd guess there's an application link somewhere on the "mom's panel" link on the disney site if the latter is true? also, once you're in, you're in, or do they choose all new "moms" every year? if you're in permanently, what are the perks, do you still get a family trip every year? i went to your blog, and disney's mom's panel. this kind of info is either hidden or secret, i couldn't find any answers.

beautygirlsmom
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by beautygirlsmom » Oct Fri 22, 2010 11:39 am

They don't randomly contact people - anyone can apply. If you have applied before and not gotten a spot on the panel, you are invited to join the Mickey Moms Club, and those members probably did get an email to let them know the application process had begun.

You are not a member for life. Everyone's contract is different. I had a one year contract initially, then was offered a second one year contract - both of which came with the reward trip for my family. As a "contractor", you are limited to two consecutive years, so in theory, I could take a year off and be offered a spot. But there are so many knowledgeable people out there, I don't know that they would do that!

You will still see some moms from 2008 serving on the panel, as they were not on the panel full time last year, which allows them to come back again.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 22, 2010 12:17 pm

This would be perfect for Mouseoholic, but I can't get her to put in for it. She says she doesn't have time for it. I'd try for it myself, but I don't have time either... plus Jacca refuses to let me borrow his slinky red dress and blonde wig...

beautygirlsmom
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by beautygirlsmom » Oct Fri 22, 2010 12:19 pm

I'd be lying if I didn't say it did take time, but I don't think it takes as much time as you might think! You can choose questions that you have specific knowledge of, so there's little research involved in answering the questions. It really goes by very quickly. I'd say on a good week, I am finished in about 2 hours; but I have had 10 hour weeks as well!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 22, 2010 3:08 pm

beautygirlsmom wrote:I'd be lying if I didn't say it did take time, but I don't think it takes as much time as you might think! You can choose questions that you have specific knowledge of, so there's little research involved in answering the questions. It really goes by very quickly. I'd say on a good week, I am finished in about 2 hours; but I have had 10 hour weeks as well!
Wow, so it is a time commitment then. I still think it would be awesome :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Do they get paid in cash or is it a "we give you a trip to WDW" kind of deal?

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Sat 23, 2010 12:49 pm

beautygirlsmom wrote:I'd be lying if I didn't say it did take time, but I don't think it takes as much time as you might think! You can choose questions that you have specific knowledge of, so there's little research involved in answering the questions. It really goes by very quickly. I'd say on a good week, I am finished in about 2 hours; but I have had 10 hour weeks as well!
Cool! Now I'm going to put more pressure on Mouseoholic to at least give it a try... I know for a fact that she would be good at it. She's a doggone walking Disney encyclopedia, for crying out loud!

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Oct Sun 24, 2010 1:50 pm

Tried again this year but wasn't picked. We were able to enjoy a dessert buffet type thing at Epcot and a viewing of illuminations on our last trip courtesy of Disney Mom's club. Dd thought it was cool they had Mickey Bars she could eat. Nice of Disney to offer that since the dates fell within our trip.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 12, 2011 10:47 am

The application process is open! Here is the link...I hope anyone that is interested takes the time to apply. It is limited to the first 20,000 people so sooner rather than later is a good thing!
http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/r ... -form.aspx

I've filled out my application but so far it keeps coming back with an error message when I try to submit it :( I think there are too many people trying to get their applications in at once :shock:

EDIT: Whoo-hoo! My application went through :D Now it's time to sit back and hope and dream!