Disney Moms Panel

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Disney Moms Panel

Post by rphillips14 » Oct Sat 16, 2010 4:35 am

Did anyone try out for the Disney Moms Panel?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Moms Panel

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 16, 2010 5:58 am

rphillips14 wrote:Did anyone try out for the Disney Moms Panel?
Nope. Silly question I suppose, but what is the Disney Moms Panel exactly?

snugglyevil
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by snugglyevil » Oct Sat 16, 2010 1:20 pm

I did. Got a "GFY and thanks" letter. Bummed but it isn't the end of all things.
Audrey

Mouseketeer
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Mouseketeer » Oct Sat 16, 2010 1:44 pm

To be honest, I think the "Mom's Panel" could learn a thing or two from this site based on the thought and effort that go into some of the posts listed here. Who better to answer questions about Disney than the fans of Subsonic??? :goofy_bounce:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Yes, tell us what it is. Is it some new fetish? Is it some new birbery system to get mom blogers to pimp disney like the corn refiners did with corn syrup? :D

nicklesm17
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by nicklesm17 » Oct Sat 16, 2010 2:19 pm

what it is is...

On behalf of all of us at Disney Destinations, LLC, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to apply for the 2011 Walt Disney World® Moms Panel.

We realize how hectic it can be to keep a family going day-to-day, so we truly appreciate the effort you put into your application. It was clear just how much you do for those you love and the inspiring role Disney plays in your life. We were incredibly delighted by the heartfelt response and very humbled by the special stories you shared in your application.

Having received thousands of entries, you can imagine how difficult it was narrowing the field to the next round.

While you were not among those selected, we are very grateful that you took the time to enter and share your love of Walt Disney World® Resort with us.

When we searched that first year for the inaugural Walt Disney World Moms Panel, we never anticipated the overwhelming response we would receive. And because of the breadth of entries we received, we created a special online club, the Mickey Moms Club, for the moms and dads who took the time to apply and share their passion for Disney with us. To which, you are currently a member.

As a Mickey Moms Club Member, you were among the first to be invited to submit an application to the 2011 Walt Disney World Moms Panel and we are so glad that you did. We invite you to continue on with us as a member of the Mickey Moms Club. As you know, your Mickey Moms Club membership is your ticket to Walt Disney World® news, insider information, and special tools and downloads gathered in one convenient place to enjoy and share with anyone you want. For the past two years we hosted a special gathering of the Mickey Moms Club for an Illuminations dessert reception. A magical time was had by all those who attended. Look for more exciting happenings in 2011 from your members-only e-newsletters and the web site at http://www.mickeymomsclub.com to continue enjoying news and information. If you no longer wish to be part of the Mickey Moms Club, please click on the Contact Us link at the bottom of this email and ask to be removed from the Mickey Moms Club. This will let us know you no longer want access to the web site or any of the Mickey Moms Club members-only e-newsletters.

The new 2011 Walt Disney World Moms Panel will officially start their new roles in January 2011 at http://www.disneyworldmoms.com . We very much hope that you will visit the site regularly and that you find it a useful tool.

Thank you sincerely for your application.

Truly,

Laura

i believe had they accepted my wife, they would cover your family's expenses while you went to "mom" review disney parks/trips. no doubt many, many, many mom's have applied for this, yet my wife felt the same "bummed" when receiving this "sorry" e-mail.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Ah so it's like the corn refiners thing for mom bloggers. They probably look at the number of readers for the applicants, review the content and quality of the postings, etc.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sat 16, 2010 7:42 pm

A few years ago I got a packet in the mail about this..funny thing is, I'm not a mom! I have no idea how I even got that in the mail?! I did like the stickers that came in there though. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Hmmm. Hopefully someone on here will be accepted and then they can share what they learn, as it states in the email!

beautygirlsmom
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by beautygirlsmom » Oct Sun 17, 2010 7:55 am

I happen to be a member of the Walt Disney World Moms Panel, so I can fill you in a bit on what we do!

Applications are accepted each September for a limited number of spots on the panel. You don't have to be a Mom - we currently have dads and a grandmom on the panel, but there is nothing in the rules that states you even have to have children to be a panel member - you just have to graciously accept the title "Mom" for the time of your contract!

Applications are capped at 20,000, and the year I was accepted to the panel, 16 people were chosen.

Each panel member receives a training trip - just for the Mom - which is a long weekend at Walt Disney World, doing tours, eating fabulous meals, and enjoying all things Walt Disney World. You do a classroom day, where you learn how to reply to the questions that you are being asked.

The questions are guest questions - people planning WDW vacations log onto our site and ask things to help them plan upcoming WDW trips. We get asked everything from how to do something special to celebrate a birthday to dining plan questions, and even questions about whether or not you can bring your pet hermit crab.

Our answers are not censored, and we can give honest opinions about things.

As a reward for your service, if you are a full time panelist, you receive an all expenses paid trip for your family of up to 4 people - airfare, hotel (your choice), and $75 per person per day for expenses.

You can read about my experiences on our training trip by heading to my blog - which is http://beautygirlsmom.com/2008/12/page/3/

The website to find the panel is www.disneyworldmoms.com

Anna S :goofy_bounce:

nicklesm17

Post by nicklesm17 » Oct Sun 17, 2010 8:51 am

this is why i love these blogs. sooner or later you can always put together or get the whole story. thanks for making my wife feel better, those odds aren't too good, but she'll try again next year anyway.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 17, 2010 10:31 am

Wow! Thanks for filling us in beautygirlsmom! I would be happy to accept the honorary "Mom" title in exchange for a chance as wonderful as that. I will have to remember to put in my app next September :D
I'll have to check out your blog soon too!

LITTLEBIT
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by LITTLEBIT » Oct Sun 17, 2010 10:49 am

Even though it was a long shot, I had planned to apply for it but couldn't because I wasn't going to be able to travel during the training dates.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 17, 2010 2:06 pm

LITTLEBIT wrote:Even though it was a long shot, I had planned to apply for it but couldn't because I wasn't going to be able to travel during the training dates.
Do they have certain training dates for each year? Are they consistent from year to year?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Mon 18, 2010 10:23 am

That's pretty awesome that they send you to WDW for training!!! :D