All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Disney Guest Caught On Vid Choking Bus Driver

Post by Len90 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 4:46 pm

Here's the story: http://www.wftv.com/news/25401148/detail.html

My opinion seems that the guest was wrong.

Please keep it civil!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Guest Caught On Vid Choking Bus Driver

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 5:14 pm

That guy should be banned from the parks (ALL OF THEM) for life. You just don't attack someone like that without having any consequences!! I with the CM!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 15, 2010 5:26 pm

That is just scary!!! The video left me shaking my head. :shock:

The guest was arguing that he was there first and that he was blocked from getting on when others were allowed to board. My guess is that the guest had not been in line like the other guests and tried to push his way through and so the driver held the guest off to allow those who were in line to board. (Has happened to us several times at DL) Of course, I was not there nor is there footage of what happened leading up to the incident so I cannot say what happened...this is just an educated guess on my part.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 5:31 pm

This is why I avoid the bus.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Fri 15, 2010 5:33 pm

That guy should be banned from Disney forever and have to apologize to the driver! You do not put your hands on someone like that, I don't care how tired he was from being at the parks all day. Wait your turn! Obviously that guy was off of his meds. People, I just don't understand sometimes. :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 15, 2010 7:12 pm

That is really scary!

DIAC1987
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by DIAC1987 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 9:17 pm

I'd love to see the guest try that on a New York bus driver. They would still be looking for all his body parts :P

On a serious note, its a shame that this happened, but i am surprised that this does not happen more often.

nicklesm17
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by nicklesm17 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 9:33 pm

good one len. i agree w/ the other interviewed guest... you can get pretty tired at the end of a long day at the parks...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 9:38 pm

DIAC1987 wrote:I'd love to see the guest try that on a New York bus driver. They would still be looking for all his body parts :P

On a serious note, its a shame that this happened, but i am surprised that this does not happen more often.
I know from a personal experience that the bus drivers do take a lot of heat from exhausted guests. We had somebody try and hold our bus back since their bus had not come in what they stated to be 30-45 minutes. Needless to say we had a bus full of people from NY, NJ, and Ct and they were promptly scared off the bus. It really is a shame that a guest had to turn physical on a bus driver. I really hope that Disney realizes, from all that has been posted, the bus driver was trying to abide by the rules and did not ever use physical force against the guest.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 15, 2010 11:07 pm

The investigation is necessary and customary. Bus driver will have a union rep present, so he will be okay plus information so far clearly puts the honus of the conflict on the guest. However, having not press charges, not much will be done about the passenger. If he can so easily go into rage like that, he clearly has issues far worse than getting ticked off waiting for a bus.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 16, 2010 12:05 am

I didn't know they had a union, or perhaps I just thought there was no union since there are protestors so often at DLR.

Anyway, I wonder if they will start using UK style driver guards? They are not the best idea but they aren't that terrible, especially since guests do go crazy.

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Oct Sat 16, 2010 12:35 am

Drastic consequences should be passed by legislature to deter passengers from attacking drivers. In NYC it is a felony to attack a bus driver or train conductor. These penalties do not guarantee 100% safety, but attackers do think twice about getting physical.
Image Image

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sat 16, 2010 1:56 am

Didn't it say the bus driver wasn't going to press charges? I wonder why he came to that decision so fast? Hopefully it wasn't done via pressure from his employer to keep the issue off the radar.

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Oct Sat 16, 2010 4:43 am

That guest should be banned from all Disney parks, cruises or anything else Disney-not his family but if he's that willing to attack a bus driver-what would keep him from "snapping" again? We all get tired but you have to maintain control.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Oct Sat 16, 2010 7:41 am

Often times my friends get frustrated w/ me because I take an opposite side of an opinion just for the sake of discussion and/or debate.

So allow me to take a step back here and just say that this video isn't complete. We first see the driver with the guest pinned up against the side door. What happened before that is anyone's guess. Also at approximately 1:50 of the video we hear someone say "That's not even right. He pushed him against the door with the baby in his hand." I am guessing they are referring to the driver of the bus pushing the guest b/c of two things.... A) as the video opens the driver has the guest pinned against the door and B) someone after the original comment says ""you can't strangle a bus driver though, really" making believe that in response to being pushed against the door, the guest then put his hands around the neck of the driver.

I am not saying the guest was justified in ANY way. In fact I think he made the situation much worse. But I also don't think that the driver should be covered in glory here either. I think you'll see some discipline for him as well as the the guest being told not to return.