All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: New Interactive Queues

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Thu 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:At first, I did not think intereactive lines were a bad idea, but when we visisted and saw the new SM queue, I changed my mind! When the park at not loaded and the lines are thin, you have people stopping to play the games instead of moving ahead. Then you get the poeple that don't think they should pass those just standing and playing games, it gets annoying! I don't want to play games, I want to ride the rides. I think when crowds are thin, it should be shut off, to keep things moving!

Which it sounds like they noticed and changed for this version by widening the queue. :D

See I told you he's a Disney employee!! Most likely upper management!!! He might even be Eisner!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :( :? :twisted: :roll: :wink: 8-)
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 14, 2010 2:04 pm

I still don't like it!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Thu 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Jacca5660 wrote: See I told you he's a Disney employee!! Most likely upper management!!! He might even be Eisner!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :( :? :twisted: :roll: :wink: 8-)

Funny story, back when there use to be a Mighty Ducks team (now the Ducks of Anaheim) and he worked at disney he use to be in the neighboring suite at the arena.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Thu 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote: See I told you he's a Disney employee!! Most likely upper management!!! He might even be Eisner!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :( :? :twisted: :roll: :wink: 8-)

Funny story, back when there use to be a Mighty Ducks team (now the Ducks of Anaheim) and he worked at disney he use to be in the neighboring suite at the arena.
You can't be two places at once!!!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 12:27 am

If I could then the laws of physics would kick in and that wouldn't be good.

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Oct Fri 15, 2010 7:05 am

kcarts wrote:This doesn't sound like such a good idea. Especially if they take away the graveyard. The graveyard itself is somewhat interactive. I read the headstones. You read the headstones. We all read the headstones. That's interactive enough for me!
BINGO!
Your last sentence says it all!!!!

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Oct Fri 15, 2010 9:25 am

kcarts wrote:This doesn't sound like such a good idea. Especially if they take away the graveyard. The graveyard itself is somewhat interactive. I read the headstones. You read the headstones. We all read the headstones. That's interactive enough for me!
The blinking grave is interactive enough for me! I vote for leave it alone. We don't need EVERYTHING in life to be interactive!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Fri 15, 2010 10:28 am

I'm with you on that one timekeeper!

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » Oct Fri 15, 2010 11:38 am

I'm not against the idea of interactive queues in general, but in the case of Haunted Mansion it seems like they're trying to fix something that isn't broken.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 15, 2010 1:42 pm

The kind of interactive queue I would like to see is one where people who stand there oblivious to the fact the line has moved would get a small shock to bring them back to reality and make them move forward. That would be interactive enough for me. :wink: :mickey:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 15, 2010 3:11 pm

boilerbabe wrote:At first, I did not think intereactive lines were a bad idea, but when we visisted and saw the new SM queue, I changed my mind! When the park at not loaded and the lines are thin, you have people stopping to play the games instead of moving ahead. Then you get the poeple that don't think they should pass those just standing and playing games, it gets annoying! I don't want to play games, I want to ride the rides. I think when crowds are thin, it should be shut off, to keep things moving!
My sentiments exactly! I was fixing to type almost exactly the same thing until I saw your post!
mindflipper wrote:The kind of interactive queue I would like to see is one where people who stand there oblivious to the fact the line has moved would get a small shock to bring them back to reality and make them move forward. That would be interactive enough for me.
Can I operate the shock trigger? :lol:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
My sentiments exactly! I was fixing to type almost exactly the same thing until I saw your post!
mindflipper wrote:The kind of interactive queue I would like to see is one where people who stand there oblivious to the fact the line has moved would get a small shock to bring them back to reality and make them move forward. That would be interactive enough for me.
Can I operate the shock trigger? :lol:
Can I do it??? We could take turns!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 15, 2010 7:07 pm

mindflipper wrote:The kind of interactive queue I would like to see is one where people who stand there oblivious to the fact the line has moved would get a small shock to bring them back to reality and make them move forward. That would be interactive enough for me. :wink: :mickey:
Good one mindflipper! I bet you could get lots of support for this one. Disney legal probably would not like it though :roll:

DIAC1987
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by DIAC1987 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Dear Disney,

Haunted Mansion does not need any type of changes. It is perfectly fine the way it is.

Sincerely,
Cast Member

Melanie
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Melanie » Oct Sun 17, 2010 2:19 pm

I doubt they would remove the gravestones.

It all seems kinda silly because the haunted mansion line isn't very long...