Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: New Interactive Queues

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Mon 08, 2010 11:13 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Next week you will have the unique opportunity to buy your very own piece of history, an actual gravestone prop from the haunted mansion!
I think you can already buy these?
I think Wizzard is joking that Disney will chop up the actual gravestones that used to line the queue at the HM and sell them off the pieces in a "Soylent Green" style merchandising at the park...
Soylent Green? What's eating you??
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Feb Sun 06, 2011 9:06 am

Here's a video I found of the work on the interactive queue at HM. Looks a little more involved than I thought....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xg2kLw9 ... ture=feedu

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 06, 2011 9:31 am

kcarts wrote:Here's a video I found of the work on the interactive queue at HM. Looks a little more involved than I thought....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xg2kLw9 ... ture=feedu
Cool find! That does look a lot larger than I was anticipating it to be ~ they almost make it sound like it will be an interactive area you can go into, sort of like the "children's" line of Pooh?!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sun 06, 2011 2:50 pm

I was thinking more like it was an expansion to queue area to be used to handle overflow. When we were there back on Dec 4th, the line was extending far beyond the mansion "wait time" sign passing the docks for the boats. This area is large enough to handle those overflow capacities.

nancynohorse
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by nancynohorse » Feb Sun 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Geez, by the time I ever get back down there, I won't recognize the place anymore!
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 06, 2011 9:33 pm

nancynohorse wrote:Geez, by the time I ever get back down there, I won't recognize the place anymore!
There was a lot that looked different to us after having been away for 10 years for sure!

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Feb Fri 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Seeing the waiting area for HM getting updated is a welcome sight! I was waiting for something like this to happen. I do hope they add some flare to it though, like carvings and little doo-dads here and there. I think that's why i like the Expedition Everest line area so much. There's so much to look at. The statues, the "real" photos of yeti attacks....so good.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Arvorenn
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Arvorenn » Feb Sun 13, 2011 6:33 am

It shouldn't be a problem to find a spot for the tombstones somwhere, right? At least I hope that MadEye is correct and they aren't dumb enough to trash them for good. The jokes may be a little bit twisted, but they have enlightened nearly every guest who stood in line at the HM and was careful enough to see them...
...and, if I remember correctly, they were put there to honor the Imagineers who helped creating the attraction.

I would miss "Here lies good old Fred, a great big rock fell on his head", "Dear departed Brother Dave, he chased a bear into a cave" and the others.

Nevertheless: I'm curious how the new queue will look like once it's finished - let's hope for the best...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 13, 2011 9:40 am

Arvorenn wrote:It shouldn't be a problem to find a spot for the tombstones somwhere, right? At least I hope that MadEye is correct and they aren't dumb enough to trash them for good. The jokes may be a little bit twisted, but they have enlightened nearly every guest who stood in line at the HM and was careful enough to see them...
...and, if I remember correctly, they were put there to honor the Imagineers who helped creating the attraction.
I would miss "Here lies good old Fred, a great big rock fell on his head", "Dear departed Brother Dave, he chased a bear into a cave" and the others.
Nevertheless: I'm curious how the new queue will look like once it's finished - let's hope for the best...
I just wonder if they will keep that part of the queue closed unless the line is busy?

Arvorenn
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Arvorenn » Feb Sun 13, 2011 9:57 am

Amy wrote:I just wonder if they will keep that part of the queue closed unless the line is busy?
I guess so - I mean, seriously, when the line is not that busy, I don't care however interactive the queue area is. I just dash through it and try to get on the attraction as quick as possible. So, even if they don't keep it closed unless the line is busy, there aren't many people who will care. Maybe the visitors who aren't that experienced in reducing their own waiting time will, but that's it... :mickey:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sun 13, 2011 6:14 pm

I know Disney thinks they're doing something great here, but most people are going to think, "Great, they made the line longer." :wink: