Spectromagic or The Electric Light Parade?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Spectromagic or The Electric Light Parade?

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 29, 2010 10:36 am

One must remember there would be NO spectromagic if there hadn't been MSEP first. Therefore, IMHO is the more "classic parade" because it has spawned so many others: Spectromagic, Fantillusion, Light Magic, and TDL EP Dreamlights.

mkfan1992
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by mkfan1992 » Dec Wed 08, 2010 4:44 pm

mindflipper wrote:One must remember there would be NO spectromagic if there hadn't been MSEP first. Therefore, IMHO is the more "classic parade" because it has spawned so many others: Spectromagic, Fantillusion, Light Magic, and TDL EP Dreamlights.
Actually, SpectroMagic could've very well happened, even if if MSEP hadn't. You don't know that if just one version of a light parade didn't happen that another one wouldn't have. Also, I don't think they were saying that SpectroMagic is more "classic" because of it's originality (which you're implying), They're talking about the style of SpectroMagic and it's score. That's what makes it classic. Finally, people keep saying that the MSEP score is better; But there is nothing complex about it. It was made with a vocoder and midi. SpectroMagic showcases the true symphonic capabilities of Disney. ...That is all...
Cast a spell of light, glimmering, shimmering, CAROUSELING!

Yensidaj
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Yensidaj » Dec Fri 10, 2010 10:26 am

Both are amazing to watch but I have to say the ELP music really annoys me, but I get the catch spectro song stuck in my head in a good way every time I think of it.... Doh there it is.

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Dec Fri 10, 2010 11:28 am

I like Spectro better.

Better music & more magical IMO. There are some cool parts of the ELP, but I just wish they would incorporate those into Spectro

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Dec Fri 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Yensidaj wrote:Both are amazing to watch but I have to say the ELP music really annoys me, but I get the catch spectro song stuck in my head in a good way every time I think of it.... Doh there it is.
ITA. I love ELP, but the music can grate on you after a while. Spectro's is much better.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Thu 30, 2010 1:15 am

I love Spectro but I have to say, I really did enjoy seeing MSEP!!! It brought back alot of great memories!!! :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Thu 30, 2010 9:28 am

It wasn't until afer we left the park on Dec. 4th I realized we did not have the "complete" MSEP. Missing from the parade was the entire circus/dumbo series of floats. But then again, the original WDW MSEP parade never had the Captain Hook's ship or the Seven Dwarves mines floats, but this version does.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 30, 2010 4:46 pm

mindflipper wrote:It wasn't until afer we left the park on Dec. 4th I realized we did not have the "complete" MSEP. Missing from the parade was the entire circus/dumbo series of floats. But then again, the original WDW MSEP parade never had the Captain Hook's ship or the Seven Dwarves mines floats, but this version does.
The parades do seem to be different from DL to WDW. I like all the versions though :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Fri 31, 2010 12:26 am

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:It wasn't until afer we left the park on Dec. 4th I realized we did not have the "complete" MSEP. Missing from the parade was the entire circus/dumbo series of floats. But then again, the original WDW MSEP parade never had the Captain Hook's ship or the Seven Dwarves mines floats, but this version does.
The parades do seem to be different from DL to WDW. I like all the versions though :D
I just never understand why when they have the DLR version of the MSEP at WDW that they can not have ALL the floats like when it's at DLR.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 31, 2010 8:14 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
I just never understand why when they have the DLR version of the MSEP at WDW that they can not have ALL the floats like when it's at DLR.
Perhaps they want to keep the parade unique to each park. Or, they use this time to refurb floats. You should go every week ;) and check and see if they swap out any floats! Keep us informed :lol:

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Dec Fri 31, 2010 9:08 am

I was really looking forward to ELP, that is what I had grown up wanting to see and show my Dd.

It was one of those moments that the memory was better than the actual event. ELP was alright but I do prefer Spectro more.

Satchel T
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Satchel T » Aug Sat 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Arete wrote:I'll always be a Spectro girl. I worked on both Spectro and ELP during the late 90s at the MK, so I can even compare the costumes and amount of work each one puts on the performers and support CMs. I can even remember seeing Spectro for the first time in 1991 and thinking there was no way it could possibly be better than ELP and by the time the parade was over I had to admit I was wrong; I liked Spectro more. :D
Love hearing from a first hander ... Spectra has certainly won a spot in my heart that has recently caused me to wish it hadn't gone away ... However I do like the MSEP, especially with the new little tweaks here and there that give it a classic and modern feel.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Sun 21, 2011 12:05 am

As we have already a topic thread on this:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7208

Maybe we need to have the moderators close one as we only need one thread on this topic.