Wonders of Life Pavilion Memories UPDATE-Buzzy Lives!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Wonders of Life Pavilion Memories UPDATE-Buzzy Lives!

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jan Fri 31, 2014 1:33 pm

horizons1 wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:well, since there are no ride vehicles left, nor theatres(for CC anyway), or any of the set and show pieces left in the dome, i would say its pretty well gone.
I didn't realize they had gutted it. When did that happen?
not gutted exactly, i have seen pictures of open bays where the simulaters stood, and the thread above chronicles about everything else...

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Feb Sat 01, 2014 11:03 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Image
my thoughts exactly... it would be dated now, why dont we load everyone up on a body wars capsule, mind the gap...
How can the human body possibly be dated?! LOL

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sat 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Look in the mirror? :mrgreen:

All kidding aside, the presentation was heavily dated, plus they couldn't keep up with research. I wouldn't be surprised if there was inaccurate information being presented simply because new discoveries came to light since the place was built.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Sat 01, 2014 2:24 pm

Sorry, but I read through that entire thread, dstrawn, and it seemed to only speculate as to the fate of CC.

Then there were two more recent links (September) that seem to suggest that either CC is either a) still intact or b) being dismantled carefully for either preservation or some future use:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/conf ... nt.874383/

http://instagram.com/p/fX-Immm0og/#

I am holding out hope that it is still there.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DaRkNeSs » Feb Sun 02, 2014 11:18 am

They should do something with that area what a waste my family really enjoyed cc and I haven't been in the area since last food and wine, just seems like Disney is wasting a lot of space by not doing anything with the area! :donald:
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Mon 03, 2014 11:31 am

Well, I would be alright with the gutting and closure IF they keep the corporate lounge intact and reserved it for Subsonic Radio listeners!
UncleScrooge477

lonepalm

Post by lonepalm » Feb Mon 03, 2014 12:38 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Well, I would be alright with the gutting and closure IF they keep the corporate lounge intact and reserved it for Subsonic Radio listeners!
Let's start up a collection...maybe we can afford to sponsor just that space!

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 03, 2014 9:31 pm

lonepalm wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:Well, I would be alright with the gutting and closure IF they keep the corporate lounge intact and reserved it for Subsonic Radio listeners!
Let's start up a collection...maybe we can afford to sponsor just that space!
:lol: I wonder how much that would set us all back :shock:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Mon 03, 2014 11:27 pm

Considering no companies are chomping at the bit to sponsor (because it is a stupid waste of money), probably $50 bucks and you bring your own food will cover it. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 04, 2014 7:50 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Considering no companies are chomping at the bit to sponsor (because it is a stupid waste of money), probably $50 bucks and you bring your own food will cover it. :D
I'd be in at that price! :D

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Tue 04, 2014 9:01 am

I really don't understand why it needs sponsors to re-open the pavilion. It seems that people are even more health conscious now than years ago when it was open! Transforming the whole pavilion to promote health and fitness along with selling gadgets, clothing, shoes, snacks and some kind of full service restaurant seems like it would be very popular and lucrative! I can think of dozens of corporations that would love to have their products in there and a bunch of ideas to have futuristic fun.... I'm sure there are some really smart Disney people that could do wonders!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Tue 04, 2014 9:36 am

cousininmiami wrote:I really don't understand why it needs sponsors to re-open the pavilion. It seems that people are even more health conscious now than years ago when it was open! Transforming the whole pavilion to promote health and fitness along with selling gadgets, clothing, shoes, snacks and some kind of full service restaurant seems like it would be very popular and lucrative! I can think of dozens of corporations that would love to have their products in there and a bunch of ideas to have futuristic fun.... I'm sure there are some really smart Disney people that could do wonders!
There was an attempt at a "healthy living" exhibit / attraction in Epcot a couple years ago and it was cancelled because of public outrage (If I remember correctly. Wizzard419 might remember better than I). Most of us are striving to live more healthfully but I don't think people want to learn on vacation that the giant plate of pasta they had at Mama Melrose the day before gave them 3x the calories they should have eaten. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Tue 04, 2014 9:59 am

cy1229 wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:I really don't understand why it needs sponsors to re-open the pavilion. It seems that people are even more health conscious now than years ago when it was open! Transforming the whole pavilion to promote health and fitness along with selling gadgets, clothing, shoes, snacks and some kind of full service restaurant seems like it would be very popular and lucrative! I can think of dozens of corporations that would love to have their products in there and a bunch of ideas to have futuristic fun.... I'm sure there are some really smart Disney people that could do wonders!
There was an attempt at a "healthy living" exhibit / attraction in Epcot a couple years ago and it was cancelled because of public outrage (If I remember correctly. Wizzard419 might remember better than I). Most of us are striving to live more healthfully but I don't think people want to learn on vacation that the giant plate of pasta they had at Mama Melrose the day before gave them 3x the calories they should have eaten. :)
lol :lol:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Tue 04, 2014 3:10 pm

She be talking about Habit Heroes, it was shutdown after a brief preview because people felt they were being "fat-shamed", it eventually re-opened removing all the parts that probably would have had a more positive impact.

The reason Disney doesn't usually re-open closed things is that they closed for a reason, they were under-attended, they were boring, and/or they were heavily dated. When they have a sponsor, it at least lifts some of the burden off of the company to pay for meat bags to stand around pushing a button to start a show and maintain the building. Even though the building may be mostly untouched since it closed, there is frequent scavenging done by crews for recycling in other attractions or to be sold to things like surplus, so it isn't as simple as flipping a switch. Additionally, it becomes a step backwards and a form of "bad show", it is bad to have large quantities of dead space, it may be viewed as even worse to start brining back things that were closed because people stopped wanting to see it.

Regarding health... like Cy points out, people are on vacation and in a theme park where nutrition is not usually the first thought on their mind, so it comes off as hypocritical. That being said, what many people want to be told by a pavilion is that whatever they are doing is great rather than being told they are doing something wrong. It makes them feel bad and rather than assessing their own lives they go and complain.

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Feb Tue 04, 2014 6:48 pm

horizons1 wrote:Sorry, but I read through that entire thread, dstrawn, and it seemed to only speculate as to the fate of CC.

Then there were two more recent links (September) that seem to suggest that either CC is either a) still intact or b) being dismantled carefully for either preservation or some future use:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/conf ... nt.874383/

http://instagram.com/p/fX-Immm0og/#

I am holding out hope that it is still there.
i have seen pictures of empty pits where they were installed, currently tracking those down.