Wonders of Life Pavilion Memories UPDATE-Buzzy Lives!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wonders of Life Pavilion Memories UPDATE-Buzzy Lives!

Post by horizons1 » Oct Thu 07, 2010 12:00 pm

EDIT: Buzzy Lives, see page 2

The Wonders of Life Pavilion is open, once again, for the Food & Wine festival. Not much has changed from the last few times they opened as a festival center. Cranium Command is completely blocked by backstage storage - not sure what is back there anymore.

Behind one of the walls, the Frontiers exhibit shells are still there.

And the Body Wars queue is blocked, although the overhead sign is just blank, not removed:

I still think it would be very easy for them to put a whole new pavilion in here. Assuming the simulators are there, they could create an updated show using the tech being developed for Star Tours 2.0. And if buzzy is sitting in his theater gathering dust, they could re-dress the set and put in a new show. Plus, the Making of Me theater is still 100% intact. Bam, 3 new attractions for Epcot.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Wonders of Life Pavilion Memories

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Thu 07, 2010 1:05 pm

I really enjoyed the WoL pavilion and it's depressing to see pictures of it just sitting there. I agree that they could easily add 3 attractions...if they were willing to let go of some of the $$$ to do so (or give up half of the execs' bonuses)

Out of curiosity, are they playing the "Seasons of the Vine" movie in the "Making of Me" theatre this year? I saw pics from last year and they were. It was great to see the movie played somewhere!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Thu 07, 2010 1:31 pm

You know, I've never seen anything in the WoL pavillion (gasp... the horror...!!!! :shock: ).
My first-ever trip to WDW was in '06, and it's never been open on any of the dates I was there then, or on any of the other four trips since. It sure would be nice to see that stuff I've heard so much about.... *sniffle...* :cry:

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Thu 07, 2010 4:24 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Out of curiosity, are they playing the "Seasons of the Vine" movie in the "Making of Me" theatre this year?
Yes. During F&W, they play "Seasons of the Vine." During F&G, they play "Making of the Flower & Garden Festival"

Not sure why but my old pics were somehow lost from this forum, so here are a few again:

2008:
Entrance to Cranium Command

This message has been removed

2009:
Flower and Garden Festival

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Thu 07, 2010 4:50 pm

I wonder if they will ever fill the pavillion or if it will be like that Oddesy building, always visible but has no purpose outside of a banquet hall.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Thu 07, 2010 5:21 pm

horizons1 wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Out of curiosity, are they playing the "Seasons of the Vine" movie in the "Making of Me" theatre this year?
Yes. During F&W, they play "Seasons of the Vine." During F&G, they play "Making of the Flower & Garden Festival"
We only got to see it once when it was in DCA. Most of the times we were there, it was closed (it was only open on the weekends) or we had just passed it by. I LOVE the music from there and the theming of the theatre was great!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 07, 2010 6:34 pm

I have vague memories of this pavilion, I really wish they would do something with it again. So sad.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 07, 2010 8:25 pm

I miss the Wonders of Life. I really loved Cranium Command and Buzzy. Body Wars was a bit rough, and the Making of Me was a little...well, embarrassing, but overall the pavilion was pretty neat. It is sad to think it is simply closed and the shows are gathering dust :(

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Fri 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Amy wrote:the Making of Me was a little...well, embarrassing
I give Disney credit for addressing a delicate subject. Bet there were lots of parents happy to cross that "talk" off their list in exchange for sitting through a Martin Short movie.

MoonPet
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MoonPet » Oct Sat 09, 2010 1:18 pm

horizons1 wrote:
Amy wrote:the Making of Me was a little...well, embarrassing
I give Disney credit for addressing a delicate subject. Bet there were lots of parents happy to cross that "talk" off their list in exchange for sitting through a Martin Short movie.
It was really well made though. I think the approached the delicate subject well.

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Oct Sun 10, 2010 3:04 pm

I think the Making of Me was done rather tastefully. Now, if they combined the Making of Me and Body Wars to see the reproductive process up close, well...that probably would've been embarrassing.
Image Image

Debbiedeb
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Debbiedeb » Oct Sun 10, 2010 6:16 pm

I was never crazy about WOL anyway, it was lacking something. No magic for me.

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » Oct Sun 10, 2010 8:53 pm

I really miss Cranium Command. It was a great show, even if the pop references were getting dated. I have some pictures from inside during our last visit when it was open. I should get them posted.

I never did like Body Wars, though. I think in all the years it was open I only ever rode once.

Pluto23
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Pluto23 » Oct Mon 11, 2010 2:50 pm

definitely a prime location in FutureWorld. In the old days, Disney needed sponsors to build these attractions. Today, with all the $$$ Disney has, seems hard to use the excuse that they don't have a new sponsor. I bet big money that the imagineers can use that space and create a first rate attraction or two.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 11, 2010 3:25 pm

I don't know if they truly "needed" a sponsor to build stuff, but the theme parks division probably can't get approval to build a large scale anything without some level of outside support, even if all the money is there.