All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Re: Hacienda de San Angel Restaurant

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Mon 20, 2010 7:55 pm

boilerbabe wrote:This looks really nice but I'm disappointed. We really enjoyed the way it was before, the food was not that pricey, very good and you could get an awesome view for Illuminations, you just had to get there in time. I guess all good things must come to an end?!
Well, it is sad, but just think: you already have dibs on the reservation Mouseoholic booked for us for dinner and Illuminations.... if your schedule allows it. So it may be a little more than what you've paid in the past, but the view oughta make it really worthwhile. :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Tue 21, 2010 10:03 am

Mousekedude wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:This looks really nice but I'm disappointed. We really enjoyed the way it was before, the food was not that pricey, very good and you could get an awesome view for Illuminations, you just had to get there in time. I guess all good things must come to an end?!
Well, it is sad, but just think: you already have dibs on the reservation Mouseoholic booked for us for dinner and Illuminations.... if your schedule allows it. So it may be a little more than what you've paid in the past, but the view oughta make it really worthwhile. :D
Looking very much forward to that!! :D

Yensidaj
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Yensidaj » Sep Thu 23, 2010 10:14 am

I wonder how they are going to handle people trying to hog up a table for illuminations, ie if they have a reservation at 7 and they stay there for 2 hours just ordering drinks and such to keep the table. Those seats really will be prime seats.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Thu 23, 2010 10:24 am

Yensidaj wrote:I wonder how they are going to handle people trying to hog up a table for illuminations, ie if they have a reservation at 7 and they stay there for 2 hours just ordering drinks and such to keep the table. Those seats really will be prime seats.
That's a good question, and it is rather common for some insensitive people to camp out for 2 or 3 hours like that at other places, such as the Rose 'n Crown. I've never seen a C.M. make a scene, but I know they drop hints: "will there be anything else? Can I bring the check for you now?".... stuff like that. It might be worth researching to see whether they do anything more forceful.
As for us, our reservation is like only an hour and some change before Illuminations starts, so we'll have a legitimate reason to be there since we'll probably still actually be eating dessert by that time. Can't wait!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 23, 2010 10:57 am

Mousekedude wrote:
Yensidaj wrote:I wonder how they are going to handle people trying to hog up a table for illuminations, ie if they have a reservation at 7 and they stay there for 2 hours just ordering drinks and such to keep the table. Those seats really will be prime seats.
That's a good question, and it is rather common for some insensitive people to camp out for 2 or 3 hours like that at other places, such as the Rose 'n Crown. I've never seen a C.M. make a scene, but I know they drop hints: "will there be anything else? Can I bring the check for you now?".... stuff like that. It might be worth researching to see whether they do anything more forceful.
As for us, our reservation is like only an hour and some change before Illuminations starts, so we'll have a legitimate reason to be there since we'll probably still actually be eating dessert by that time. Can't wait!
Good timing on Mouseoholic's part :D
I wonder if they would shoo people along if they were lingering to see the show?! I know it isn't unusual for Europeans to spend 2 or 3 hours on a meal...

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 23, 2010 11:47 am

As long as they are ordering stuff at a reasonable rate I am sure no one minds (and hopefully they will tip well for being a pain).

Oh, fun news about european dining, they are speeding up dine out meals last I heard, similar to american speeds.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Thu 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Good point about Europeans. Last time Mouseoholic was in Amsterdam she commented on that fact. The first time she went she thought it was just a fluke that everybody from the office stayed so long over dinner, but by the second trip she started seeing the pattern. I think their meal lasted like, 4 hours.... :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Good point about Europeans. Last time Mouseoholic was in Amsterdam she commented on that fact. The first time she went she thought it was just a fluke that everybody from the office stayed so long over dinner, but by the second trip she started seeing the pattern. I think their meal lasted like, 4 hours.... :roll:
Not a good thing for us impatient people!! :roll:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 23, 2010 3:29 pm

I blame the american psyche for that one. Nothing is fun if it can be done in less than an hour. :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Thu 23, 2010 4:35 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I blame the american psyche for that one. Nothing is fun if it can be done in less than an hour. :D
I can think of one thing that's plenty of fun even when it takes less than an hour.... :wink:

Waiting for Jacca to chime in here with MmeLeota's cowhide instrument.... and red leather.... :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I blame the american psyche for that one. Nothing is fun if it can be done in less than an hour. :D
Must...restrain...myself...don't...want...MmeLeota's...c.h.i.oft...after...me!
(Had to do it M-dude ~ Jacca must be taking a nap) :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 23, 2010 8:51 pm

All I can say is "Ur Doin' it rong!" :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Sep Fri 24, 2010 11:25 am

Eating a Dole Whip, right? :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Fri 24, 2010 1:41 pm

NaCler wrote:Eating a Dole Whip, right? :D
Uh, yeah... (nervously wiping brow...) I'll go with that.... :wink:

laurie5658
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by laurie5658 » Sep Fri 24, 2010 3:05 pm

After perusing the menu I can honestly say this one won't be on the top of our list. The margarita bar...YES! this, no.