What ride/attraction won't you ride?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

chaphome
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by chaphome » Jan Thu 22, 2015 8:08 am

Mission space. Both my husband & nephew rode it and got major dizzy issues afterwards!

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Jan Thu 22, 2015 3:10 pm

yeah the China one too!

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Jan Thu 22, 2015 11:52 pm

chaphome wrote:Mission space. Both my husband & nephew rode it and got major dizzy issues afterwards!
Go for the wimpy side. It's what I do.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

Peerless83

Post by Peerless83 » May Sun 31, 2015 11:22 am

Mission Space, not because it's a bad ride, but because I do not want to be queasy for the reminder of the day

JWG
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by JWG » Jun Wed 24, 2015 1:59 pm

As with many, Mission Space: Orange. The centrifuge and spinning make me sick. We do green to experience the ride.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/HeathenAngel/Avatars%20Etc/epcot-fan.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/budz211/horizons.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/space-mountain2.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/SR_fan.gif[/img]

jrmswell
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by jrmswell » Jun Fri 26, 2015 7:48 am

mom2joshnella wrote:Mine is Astro Orbiter and It's a Small world. I took the kids on it last time because it was their first time and I think everyone should ride it once, as it is a classic. Im talking about IASW. With that being said, I can't handle the song..over and over and over again..LOL.
^ Seconded, except astro orbiter, I'd go on that. But it's a small world does get a bit repetitive especially since my mother insists we ride it every time we go

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 26, 2015 10:54 am

jrmswell wrote:
mom2joshnella wrote:Mine is Astro Orbiter and It's a Small world. I took the kids on it last time because it was their first time and I think everyone should ride it once, as it is a classic. Im talking about IASW. With that being said, I can't handle the song..over and over and over again..LOL.
^ Seconded, except astro orbiter, I'd go on that. But it's a small world does get a bit repetitive especially since my mother insists we ride it every time we go
Oh, I love It's a Small World ~ and the one time we rode twice in a row because Figment had transferred to a wheelchair and they offered us a second cruise since it wasn't busy and no one was waiting. I was super surprised when Mom agreed to it because it isn't her favorite attraction. I tried for a third time but she got this look in her eyes that told me I shouldn't push it ~ haha!! :lol: :lol:

joeybTNU
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by joeybTNU » Jun Mon 29, 2015 4:47 pm

Tower of Terror. I hate the feeling of free falling. Rode it once, and somewhere I have the ride pic to prove it, but other than that, I don't ever plan to ride it. Oh and Kali River Rapids.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Tue 30, 2015 7:47 am

joeybTNU wrote:Tower of Terror. I hate the feeling of free falling. Rode it once, and somewhere I have the ride pic to prove it, but other than that, I don't ever plan to ride it. Oh and Kali River Rapids.
I personally find ToT to be the one attraction that no matter how many times I ride it I always get that butterfly feeling before going on it, especially around the time when you are belted in and the doors to the elevator close. After this trip I might not ride Mission Space anymore as I do get claustrophobic. In the past it has not been an issue, but this past time we were left with the doors closed for a few minutes before they started the attraction and I had something to "look at".

Things I always tend to skip are a lot of the longer shows.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

elfy18
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by elfy18 » Jul Tue 21, 2015 7:38 am

I will definitely not ride Astro Orbiter. I never have and I'm not sure I ever will, though my family and I made a deal that we would ride one new ride each trip going forward and unfortunately that's on the list for me. I'm not a fan of heights and it always seems like it goes just slow enough for me to get the height fear going (I could barely get through Dumbo while riding with my daughter and of course she wanted to go as high as possible). I also don't ride Soarin'. Once was enough.

On the flip side of the topic, I would sit through Muppet Vision all day. :)

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jul Tue 21, 2015 9:06 am

elfy18 wrote:I will definitely not ride Astro Orbiter. I never have and I'm not sure I ever will, though my family and I made a deal that we would ride one new ride each trip going forward and unfortunately that's on the list for me. I'm not a fan of heights and it always seems like it goes just slow enough for me to get the height fear going (I could barely get through Dumbo while riding with my daughter and of course she wanted to go as high as possible). I also don't ride Soarin'. Once was enough.

I learned this the hard way...but if you go on it, make sure you go as high as you can. The reason is that if you don't, your "rocket" will lean a lot...making it a very uncomfortable ride. DW and I went on this and didn't go high enough and I was miserable. I wanted to take pictures and video, but spent the whole time trying to keep myself from falling out. It's not like Dumbo where you are always sitting level to the ground.

I doubt I will ever go on it again just because of the excruciatingly long wait, but if I do I know I'll bump that sucker as high as it will go.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

elfy18

Post by elfy18 » Jul Tue 21, 2015 9:45 am

theBIGyowski wrote:
elfy18 wrote:I will definitely not ride Astro Orbiter. I never have and I'm not sure I ever will, though my family and I made a deal that we would ride one new ride each trip going forward and unfortunately that's on the list for me. I'm not a fan of heights and it always seems like it goes just slow enough for me to get the height fear going (I could barely get through Dumbo while riding with my daughter and of course she wanted to go as high as possible). I also don't ride Soarin'. Once was enough.

I learned this the hard way...but if you go on it, make sure you go as high as you can. The reason is that if you don't, your "rocket" will lean a lot...making it a very uncomfortable ride. DW and I went on this and didn't go high enough and I was miserable. I wanted to take pictures and video, but spent the whole time trying to keep myself from falling out. It's not like Dumbo where you are always sitting level to the ground.

I doubt I will ever go on it again just because of the excruciatingly long wait, but if I do I know I'll bump that sucker as high as it will go.
Ugh!! Lean??? No thank you to that. That ride is going on the bottom of my list. Thank you for the tip. If I EVER go on it then I will heed your advice to go as high as I can. Ha, I could ride it both ways, either high or low. Then I could decide which of my fears is worse - being too high or fear of falling. *Shudder*

Captainnobeard
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by Captainnobeard » Jul Tue 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Up until recently, i would have said that there is nothing that i wouldn't ride at WDW, but after the last time i rode Space Mountain, that has changed. i still loved the coaster itself, but i found i was so sore after riding it (my neck in particular) that it would take a lot to get me back on it. i don't recall that being an issue before, maybe i'm getting old :-D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 21, 2015 5:56 pm

elfy18 wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:

Ugh!! Lean??? No thank you to that. That ride is going on the bottom of my list. Thank you for the tip. If I EVER go on it then I will heed your advice to go as high as I can. Ha, I could ride it both ways, either high or low. Then I could decide which of my fears is worse - being too high or fear of falling. *Shudder*
I was going to offer the same advice theBIGyowski :lol: You definitely feel the force more if you stay low, and it does sort of feel like you are getting pushed out to the very side of the rocket, but if you raise your rocket to the highest point, you will have a much more comfortable space flight elfy18 :D I'm lucky that heights don't bother me, and I love the view from as high as possible as well as the great vantage point it offers to take pictures from up there!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 21, 2015 5:58 pm

Captainnobeard wrote:Up until recently, i would have said that there is nothing that i wouldn't ride at WDW, but after the last time i rode Space Mountain, that has changed. i still loved the coaster itself, but i found i was so sore after riding it (my neck in particular) that it would take a lot to get me back on it. i don't recall that being an issue before, maybe i'm getting old :-D
Space Mountain was a little rough the last few times we've been there as well. Our last trip was to DL and their version was super smooth after having been renovated not all that long ago. I'm hoping they will do the same to the MK version soon :D