What ride/attraction won't you ride?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Jungle Joe
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by Jungle Joe » Dec Thu 18, 2014 1:32 pm

Not many: Stitch, Speedway, Aladdin Carpets, and Kali

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by BenB » Dec Tue 23, 2014 4:53 am

Jungle Joe wrote:Not many: Stitch, Speedway, Aladdin Carpets, and Kali
Interesting list! Care to explain why? I'm curious, for example, why Aladdin is on the list but Dumbo isn't.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Dec Sat 27, 2014 4:32 pm

BenB wrote:
Jungle Joe wrote:Not many: Stitch, Speedway, Aladdin Carpets, and Kali
Interesting list! Care to explain why? I'm curious, for example, why Aladdin is on the list but Dumbo isn't.
A lot of us love Dumbo for the history (or because we really, really love Dumbo the character), but Aladdin always feels like a latecomer imitation for parents too weary to wait in line for Dumbo. I totally get that. Of course, by that logic, Aladdin should start to develop its own following now that Dumbo no longer kills you with its line.

mom2joshnella

Post by mom2joshnella » Jan Fri 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Mine is Astro Orbiter and It's a Small world. I took the kids on it last time because it was their first time and I think everyone should ride it once, as it is a classic. Im talking about IASW. With that being said, I can't handle the song..over and over and over again..LOL.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 09, 2015 7:33 pm

mom2joshnella wrote:Mine is Astro Orbiter and It's a Small world. I took the kids on it last time because it was their first time and I think everyone should ride it once, as it is a classic. Im talking about IASW. With that being said, I can't handle the song..over and over and over again..LOL.
If you ever need someone to take them on IASW, I could make the sacrifice ;)

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by aboden » Jan Sat 10, 2015 5:46 am

There's nothing I WON'T ride lol but the Astro Orbitor and other such ones I don't care to ride or wait in the line. Mostly it's the wait that makes it less desirable to go on. If there weren't those lines I would ride on them all....

Actually thinking about it, the Tea Cups, it's fun but... ya no.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Jan Mon 12, 2015 6:48 pm

Tower of Terror. I love the Twilight Zone, and I really REALLY want to see the wait area inside, but I just can't ride the thing....The dropping sensation is a killer, dude. I'll ride EE and RnR but not ToT...go figure.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 12, 2015 9:51 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Tower of Terror. I love the Twilight Zone, and I really REALLY want to see the wait area inside, but I just can't ride the thing....The dropping sensation is a killer, dude. I'll ride EE and RnR but not ToT...go figure.
Have you ever gone through the queue so you can see the pre-show and inside? You can always take the "chicken" exit then ~ I've seen several people do that and there is no shame. The lobby and pre-show libraries are pretty amazingly themed areas and I would highly recommend checking them out if you haven't already done so!

sgrfunk
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by sgrfunk » Jan Sun 18, 2015 4:40 pm

I don't think I will ever ride Tower of Terror or Rockin' Roller Coaster. The last time I went I said I was going to go on them but then chickened out at the last minute.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 18, 2015 6:21 pm

sgrfunk wrote:I don't think I will ever ride Tower of Terror or Rockin' Roller Coaster. The last time I went I said I was going to go on them but then chickened out at the last minute.
Will you go on any other roller coasters? Rockin' Roller Coaster does have the quick start, and then that loop, but the ride is so smooth it really is fun. Harder to tell on Tower of Terror, when there was just the one drop I would have tried to talk anyone into trying it at least once, but with the multiple drop sequence you never really know what to expect. Part of the fun for those who enjoy it, but harder to convince others that aren't quite sure.

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Jan Mon 19, 2015 10:22 am

I tell everyone that the only roller coasters I go on are all in WDW. Steep, quick drops really make me green, however I can totally handle RnR and EE. Haha. Rockin Rollercoaster really is fun, and I'd say it's a great "beginner" coaster. There is a loop, like Amy said, but all in all it's just about speed. WOO! Oh yeah and having Aerosmith blasting in your ears while you're going 60 is fun too.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 19, 2015 7:14 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:I tell everyone that the only roller coasters I go on are all in WDW. Steep, quick drops really make me green, however I can totally handle RnR and EE. Haha. Rockin Rollercoaster really is fun, and I'd say it's a great "beginner" coaster. There is a loop, like Amy said, but all in all it's just about speed. WOO! Oh yeah and having Aerosmith blasting in your ears while you're going 60 is fun too.
I was really put at ease the first time I rode as I asked the CM what I should do with my backpack and they told me it would be fine just on the floor of the coaster. I figured if something that was unrestrained wasn't going to fall out when we did a loop or corkscrew, I surely wouldn't be going anywhere with my over the shoulder restraints!

grimmghosts96

Post by grimmghosts96 » Jan Wed 21, 2015 8:58 am

I loved when it was Alien Encounter but I can't stand Stitch, so therefore I've never been on or probably never will go on Stitch's Great Escape. Also, never seen the France or Canada Pavilion films @ EPCOT. I just have always skipped them for some reason.

bcgm3

Post by bcgm3 » Jan Wed 21, 2015 11:38 am

grimmghosts96 wrote:I loved when it was Alien Encounter but I can't stand Stitch, so therefore I've never been on or probably never will go on Stitch's Great Escape. Also, never seen the France or Canada Pavilion films @ EPCOT. I just have always skipped them for some reason.
Hotdog burp smell, pumped right into your face, while you are literally strapped to your seat. Stitch's Great Escape is inhumane.

You're missing out on those World Showcase films, though! Impressions du France is a can't-miss for me.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Jan Thu 22, 2015 2:41 am

grimmghosts96 wrote:Also, never seen the France or Canada Pavilion films @ EPCOT. I just have always skipped them for some reason.
You should check them out! They aren't "must sees" for us every trip, but they're definitely worth seeing and are one of those things that we rotate and try to hit every couple of trips. The Canadian film is 360, so you're completely surrounded and immersed in the video. It's very entertaining and educational. I always walk away wanting to travel to actual Canada.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!