What ride/attraction won't you ride?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by aboden » Jul Sun 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Amy wrote:I have to hold my hands up to stop the over the shoulder restraints from smushing down too hard on my shoulders when the show first starts ~ the first time I experienced the show I didn't know about the restraints and they came down way too far, even though they said they would travel down and then bounce back a bit after they contacted your shoulders.
Ya I still shrug my shoulders up so I get a little extra room. Even momentary pressure I don't like lol without pushing back. I don't like the weight just sitting there.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jul Mon 28, 2014 7:09 pm

RobinSandusky wrote:Mission:SPACE always creeped me out because I'm super claustrophobic, but now that I see there are two different experiences that can be had, I may attempt the mission with the Green team.

When I was a child, Haunted Mansion PETRIFIED me. Now, it's in my top three faves.

:figment: :figment:
Be careful, I don't think the space in the "cockpit" is any bigger. It's just a tamer ride.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:
RobinSandusky wrote:Mission:SPACE always creeped me out because I'm super claustrophobic, but now that I see there are two different experiences that can be had, I may attempt the mission with the Green team.

When I was a child, Haunted Mansion PETRIFIED me. Now, it's in my top three faves.

:figment: :figment:
Be careful, I don't think the space in the "cockpit" is any bigger. It's just a tamer ride.
Yeah, I was going to mention the same thing ~ if your primary concern is claustrophobia, you might still have some problems on the tame side.

Olaf88
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by Olaf88 » Aug Tue 05, 2014 10:58 pm

I've been on stitch's great escape and didn't like same with Astor orbiter.I've never been on mission space and probably never will go on it lol same with kali river rapids just because I don't want to get soaked! Lol! But I love all the other rides and attractions.

Lunamoon
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Lunamoon » Aug Sun 10, 2014 7:55 pm

This is a tough one. I ride most of the attractions/rides but, if I had to pick one that I would skip or not ride, it would be Tower of Terror. Between how dark it is, and how high you go up just scares me. :mickey:

Tiger87
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Tiger87 » Oct Sun 12, 2014 12:37 pm

There is no ride I wont go back on....even Winnie the Pooh

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Oct Mon 13, 2014 8:37 am

There are a few on my list....

-Stitch's Great Escape FREAKS ME OUT and I really don't feel is fun or something fun for kids! They need something new there!
-In my old age, I've become more and more claustrophobic, therefore thinking about riding Mission:Space does not sound fun. I'm sure I'll get on it again someday but not any time soon.
-Definitely Kali River Rapids is a tough one. The one time I went on it I got SOAKED and was freezing and had to buy sweatpants to walk around the parks in because i didn't want to waste time going back to the hotel to change.

But....never say never!

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Oct Tue 14, 2014 4:46 pm

None. I will ride all. With glee.

Marty Moose
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Marty Moose » Oct Thu 16, 2014 7:34 pm

There aren't any that I won't ride. There are some (Aladdin's carpets, Tomorrowland Speedway, Universe of Energy) that I don't mind missing. But if someone in my group, especially one of the kids, wants to ride something I gladly go on it!

Now the must dos (credit to Stacey)....that's a different thread!
"Park's closed. Moose out front should have told ya."

Blackie Pueblo

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Oct Fri 17, 2014 11:57 am

MK-I won't ride Astro Orbitor (It's just another Dumbo and Flying Carpet to me just higher, blah),

EPCOT-Won't ride Mission Space, we rode it early in it's life and my wife wasn't feeling too hot after, and it didn't impress me that much. And I can't stand The Journey Into Imagination ride or whatever it's called these days. Which is a shame 'cause I think Figment is awesome.

AK-I won't ride Dinosaur just because it was really boring to me. You get shaken in the dark a lot, then theres a flash of light and look a Dinosaur, then darkness again, some lights, flash a dinosaur and then its over.

HS-I wouldn't ride The Backlot tour because I'm a huge movie buff and it broke my heart to see the way stuff just got thrown back there like a junkyard and rusted away. Now that it's gone I sometimes wont ride Toy Story Mania because the line is atrocious.

Leigh

Post by Leigh » Oct Thu 30, 2014 10:31 am

I just got back from WDW on Sunday and almost got talked onto Space Mountain -- next time I am going to try it. BUT Splash Mountain I will never ride again --years ago I did it once and was terrified, went back the next day thinking it would be easier -- the suspense of waiting for that drop almost gave me a heart attack. I am afraid of heights and that drop at the end is too much. :-) Too bad b/c I like the whol Brer Rabbit thing.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Leigh wrote:I just got back from WDW on Sunday and almost got talked onto Space Mountain -- next time I am going to try it. BUT Splash Mountain I will never ride again --years ago I did it once and was terrified, went back the next day thinking it would be easier -- the suspense of waiting for that drop almost gave me a heart attack. I am afraid of heights and that drop at the end is too much. :-) Too bad b/c I like the whol Brer Rabbit thing.
The suspense is usually much worse than the actual experience for sure ~ just goes to show how good Disney is at setting the mood with theme and surroundings!

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Dec Tue 16, 2014 9:21 am

Well, the Swan Boats aren't that fun anymore, since you have to swim through the ride yourself. And then the cast members get all upset at you...
UncleScrooge477

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Dec Tue 16, 2014 3:55 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Well, the Swan Boats aren't that fun anymore, since you have to swim through the ride yourself. And then the cast members get all upset at you...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, I needed that!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 16, 2014 10:12 pm

cy1229 wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:Well, the Swan Boats aren't that fun anymore, since you have to swim through the ride yourself. And then the cast members get all upset at you...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, I needed that!
That made me giggle too! :lol: Good one UncleScrooge477!