What ride/attraction won't you ride?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

RobinSandusky
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by RobinSandusky » May Sun 11, 2014 8:55 am

Mission:SPACE always creeped me out because I'm super claustrophobic, but now that I see there are two different experiences that can be had, I may attempt the mission with the Green team.

When I was a child, Haunted Mansion PETRIFIED me. Now, it's in my top three faves.

:figment: :figment:

RobinSandusky

Post by RobinSandusky » May Sun 11, 2014 8:59 am

Westclock wrote:I know i commit disney blasphemy by not liking an icon classic like Tiki. Don't tell mickey!!!!
I did rebel against rock n rollercoaster for a long time just because i can't stand Aerosmith. Turns out thats a fun ride tho. :p
The other one i haven't been on in years is Peter Pans flight. But i actually love it. Its just such a short ride and usually has a very long queue length. :(
The Tiki Room certainly has it's charm, but boy oh boy, those accents... José's accent especially.

foldmama
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by foldmama » May Thu 15, 2014 11:40 am

I did Stitch's Great Escape once and will never do it again, just a waste of time for me.
Dinosaur scared me half to death and the bouncing just did my back in - never again
Tea Cups - I agree, way to much spinning!

bcgm3
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by bcgm3 » May Sat 17, 2014 1:37 pm

I'll try anything once, but once was WAAAAAY more then enough for Animal Kingdom's Primeval Whirl (gave me a killer headache) and Magic Kingdom's Stitch's Great Escape (and I loved Alien Encounter, probably because there was no chili cheese dog burp smell sprayed in my face).

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » May Mon 19, 2014 10:46 pm

bcgm3 wrote:I'll try anything once, but once was WAAAAAY more then enough for Animal Kingdom's Primeval Whirl (gave me a killer headache) and Magic Kingdom's Stitch's Great Escape (and I loved Alien Encounter, probably because there was no chili cheese dog burp smell sprayed in my face).
Yup, that burp smell almost made me offer up a protein spill. Absolutely refuse to go on it again. Ever.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by aboden » Jul Wed 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Actually most of the Fantasy Land rides, never appealed to me because mostly they have horrendous lines and never wanted to wait. I did always try to wait for Mister Toads but that was not often. Also AK I have a hard time with most of the rides, maybe because I didn't grow up with it a lot. I will run over to do Everest and Extinction, plus throw in the Rapids if I have time. Otherwise it's not a big deal with those rides.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

mkfan1992
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by mkfan1992 » Jul Wed 23, 2014 8:16 pm

I absolutely will NOT ride Mission Space. I have pretty bad vertigo. :lol:
Cast a spell of light, glimmering, shimmering, CAROUSELING!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 23, 2014 9:04 pm

mkfan1992 wrote:I absolutely will NOT ride Mission Space. I have pretty bad vertigo. :lol:
Would the less intense side be ok or is the whole attraction completely out for you?

mwehttam
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by mwehttam » Jul Thu 24, 2014 9:08 am

I will not ride It's Tough to Be a Bug. I can ride thrill rides no problem but I can't stand the poking in the back and the like. Same with Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I will ride Mission Space but only the Green side. While I have ridden the Orange Side, I was a bit dizzy afterwards and needed to eat to settle my stomach.
"We want cake! Where's our cake!"

mkfan1992

Post by mkfan1992 » Jul Sun 27, 2014 1:41 pm

Amy wrote:
mkfan1992 wrote:I absolutely will NOT ride Mission Space. I have pretty bad vertigo. :lol:
Would the less intense side be ok or is the whole attraction completely out for you?
Unfortunately the entire thing. :[
Cast a spell of light, glimmering, shimmering, CAROUSELING!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 27, 2014 5:41 pm

mwehttam wrote:I will not ride It's Tough to Be a Bug. I can ride thrill rides no problem but I can't stand the poking in the back and the like. Same with Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I will ride Mission Space but only the Green side. While I have ridden the Orange Side, I was a bit dizzy afterwards and needed to eat to settle my stomach.
Oh that is too bad ~ It's Tough to Be a Bug is one of my favorites! I do sit up a little bit toward the end and watch where I sit so I don't get poked or stung ;) The little rollers when the bugs are exiting are kind of a nice massage though :lol:
mkfan1992 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Unfortunately the entire thing. :[
:( Sorry you can't experience it...although I will say that it is one of the attractions I wouldn't mind if I could never experience again. The motion and confinement don't bother me, but someone had obviously had a protein spill in our capsule not long before we were in it and the smell was so strong that I had to hold my breath as much as I could so I didn't add to it :shock:

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Jul Sun 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Amy wrote:
mwehttam wrote:I will not ride It's Tough to Be a Bug. I can ride thrill rides no problem but I can't stand the poking in the back and the like. Same with Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I will ride Mission Space but only the Green side. While I have ridden the Orange Side, I was a bit dizzy afterwards and needed to eat to settle my stomach.
Oh that is too bad ~ It's Tough to Be a Bug is one of my favorites! I do sit up a little bit toward the end and watch where I sit so I don't get poked or stung ;) The little rollers when the bugs are exiting are kind of a nice massage though :lol:
I agree with not liking either of the 2 mentioned as well.
Where is the best place to sit to avoid the bee sting? I saw It's Tough to Be a Bug once and the sting hurt for the rest of the day, so I haven't been back.

aboden

Post by aboden » Jul Sun 27, 2014 6:36 pm

Amy wrote:Oh that is too bad ~ It's Tough to Be a Bug is one of my favorites! I do sit up a little bit toward the end and watch where I sit so I don't get poked or stung ;) The little rollers when the bugs are exiting are kind of a nice massage though :lol:
I like the Alien Encounters stuff before it all broke lol after a year or couple more, dunno, only a few worked correctly.
Amy wrote::( Sorry you can't experience it...although I will say that it is one of the attractions I wouldn't mind if I could never experience again. The motion and confinement don't bother me, but someone had obviously had a protein spill in our capsule not long before we were in it and the smell was so strong that I had to hold my breath as much as I could so I didn't add to it :shock:
I was weary my first time, still am a little bit. The vertigo kicks in a little but not enough to make me sick. Just make my head spin lol
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 27, 2014 6:48 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:
Amy wrote:
I agree with not liking either of the 2 mentioned as well.
Where is the best place to sit to avoid the bee sting? I saw It's Tough to Be a Bug once and the sting hurt for the rest of the day, so I haven't been back.
You can see the holes in the seats and seat backs if you look closely ~ I make sure to slide forward a bit in the spots in the action where I know they are coming. The poke in the back hurts far worse than the one to the legs. I'm not even sure the leg one was working the last time we went.
aboden wrote:I like the Alien Encounters stuff before it all broke lol after a year or couple more, dunno, only a few worked correctly.
I have to hold my hands up to stop the over the shoulder restraints from smushing down too hard on my shoulders when the show first starts ~ the first time I experienced the show I didn't know about the restraints and they came down way too far, even though they said they would travel down and then bounce back a bit after they contacted your shoulders.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Jul Sun 27, 2014 7:23 pm

Amy wrote:You can see the holes in the seats and seat backs if you look closely ~ I make sure to slide forward a bit in the spots in the action where I know they are coming. The poke in the back hurts far worse than the one to the legs. I'm not even sure the leg one was working the last time we went.
Great! Thanks! I will have to remember that and perhaps next time will give it another try.