What ride/attraction won't you ride?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

LITTLEBIT
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Thu 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Whether you've never riden or rode it once and never will again, what ride would someone have to drag you on kicking and screaming? Or if you are that adamant, what ride do you simply have no desire to ride?

Mine is the Astro Orbiter and the Speedway. When I was a kid it was Peter Pan, I was scared to death of the crocodile.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Thu 12, 2010 5:39 pm

We drive to WDW and I refuse to ride the Speedway. I've been going to WDW since 1975 and I've never been on it!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Tower of Terror, Astro Orbiter, Stitch's Great Escape and Dinosaur...

(though for the longest time I wouldn't go on Pirates...I was scared of the "waterfalls"...it's the best part to me now!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Hmmm, I'll ride anything. I haven't been since they added Mission Space or Expedition Everest but I'll try them the next time I go. I usually pysch myself out pretty good in the queue in Tower of Terror but I enjoy the actual ride once I'm on it.

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Thu 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Amy wrote:Hmmm, I'll ride anything. I haven't been since they added Mission Space or Expedition Everest but I'll try them the next time I go. I usually pysch myself out pretty good in the queue in Tower of Terror but I enjoy the actual ride once I'm on it.
I'll ride anything as well, the Speedway always seemed like a waste while Astro Orbiter was just too busy.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 12, 2010 8:15 pm

LITTLEBIT wrote:
Amy wrote:Hmmm, I'll ride anything. I haven't been since they added Mission Space or Expedition Everest but I'll try them the next time I go. I usually pysch myself out pretty good in the queue in Tower of Terror but I enjoy the actual ride once I'm on it.
I'll ride anything as well, the Speedway always seemed like a waste while Astro Orbiter was just too busy.
The Speedway reminds me of when I was little though and thought driving that car was the coolest thing ever!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Thu 12, 2010 11:28 pm

Mine has to be RNR. I just hate the idea of inversions and corkscrews. I also won't go on the Kali River Rapids. I don't like the idea of potentially getting soaked from head to toe.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Fri 13, 2010 5:37 am

Len90 wrote:Mine has to be RNR. I just hate the idea of inversions and corkscrews. I also won't go on the Kali River Rapids. I don't like the idea of potentially getting soaked from head to toe.
Speaking of getting soaked, last time we went I insisted we ride Kali River Rapids because it was the only ride at AK that my DS could remember riding. However I put him in a poncho and risked myself since we only had one. And sure enough, I ended up soaked. But he was smiling the whole time so it was worth it.

The same DS is really looking forward to RNR. He wasn't tall enough last time and he loves Aerosmith.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 13, 2010 6:35 am

Len90 wrote:Mine has to be RNR. I just hate the idea of inversions and corkscrews. I also won't go on the Kali River Rapids. I don't like the idea of potentially getting soaked from head to toe.
RnR is so smooth you almost don't notice the twists and turns and inversions. That was the first roller coaster I ever went on that went upside down. I remember being a little nervous and the older lady beside me said I would have fun. Right before the limo launched, she reached over and patted my hand. It was so sweet and nice of her. A nice gesture from one Disney person to another.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Fri 13, 2010 8:24 am

I had the same dislikes too, Len90, but then I decided to ride Mont de L'Espace: De La Terre A La Lune at DLP. I thought it would be like Space Mountain. It wasn't. It had the corkscrews and inversions in it. I loved the ride! I had to admit, when it was over and I got out of the ride car I nearly hit the floor. My equilibrium was totally disoriented by the ride - but, hey, it was one "heck" of a ride! :D

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Aug Fri 13, 2010 8:30 am

I also will not ride Kali River Rapids. I rode once and got totally soaked. Even on the hottest summer day I don't want to spend the next several hours trying to get dried out. Nothing feels worse than going into an air conditioned attraction or restaurant when you are wet. In addition, I will not ride the spinning version of Mission Space. The "less intense" version is fine but the "more intense" version just does not agree with me.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Fri 13, 2010 9:07 am

I tend to pass on Mission: Space. Not because of the spinning, but I just found the ride boring. There was nothing about it that made me go "Oh wow!".

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Fri 13, 2010 9:15 am

I won't ride the Speedway until I have kids. It's just one of those things that isn't worth the wait or the time you could be doing other awesome things in MK. When you have kids they could possibly make it worth it...but not without them.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

BayLakeTowers
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by BayLakeTowers » Aug Fri 13, 2010 9:25 am

I won't ride the tea cups. Too much spinning for me. Same for the Primevil Whirl in AK.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Aug Fri 13, 2010 10:31 am

Will never, ever if I can help it, go see the Tiki Room Under New Management. I hate that they changed out the original attraction and put in Iago and Zazu to attract kids. After I saw it once, I was done with it.

Also Speedway because it's stinky and not fun.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."