What ride/attraction won't you ride?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

dwellsbct
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by dwellsbct » Aug Thu 06, 2015 2:30 pm

I'm not a roller coaster person. So I have not ridden Aerosmiths Rockin Roller Coaster or Expedition Everest. I've ridden the other tamer coasters though. :mickey:
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
W.Disney

octoberbarry
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by octoberbarry » Oct Tue 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Did Tower of Terror and Mission Space Red last trip. Liked them both, but my aging equilibrium thinks I'm done with them. Although I MIGHT return to the hotel...
Not interested in Imagination until they give it a worthy refurb.

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by aboden » Oct Wed 21, 2015 3:47 pm

[quote="Amy]Space Mountain was a little rough the last few times we've been there as well. Our last trip was to DL and their version was super smooth after having been renovated not all that long ago. I'm hoping they will do the same to the MK version soon :D[/quote]

For me it doesn't bother me, perhaps it's due to the refurbs that make then better or worse. But for me it seems more of age lol older I get the rougher they get lol the TTA seemed to throw me around more then usual at the curves, but I know they can adjust the speeds. Maybe I was there during a busy time and they were speeding them up idk.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 21, 2015 6:27 pm

octoberbarry wrote:Did Tower of Terror and Mission Space Red last trip. Liked them both, but my aging equilibrium thinks I'm done with them. Although I MIGHT return to the hotel...
Not interested in Imagination until they give it a worthy refurb.
I wonder sometimes about if (or when) I will have to curb my enthusiasm for some of my more active attractions due to increasing age. I'm hoping I won't for a long, long time though!
aboden wrote:
Amy wrote:Space Mountain was a little rough the last few times we've been there as well. Our last trip was to DL and their version was super smooth after having been renovated not all that long ago. I'm hoping they will do the same to the MK version soon :D
For me it doesn't bother me, perhaps it's due to the refurbs that make then better or worse. But for me it seems more of age lol older I get the rougher they get lol the TTA seemed to throw me around more then usual at the curves, but I know they can adjust the speeds. Maybe I was there during a busy time and they were speeding them up idk.
I had wondered if I thought Space Mountain was so rough because I was the oldest I had ever been when I was riding it, but other people younger than me were complaining too :shock:
Can they control the speed on the TTA? I wouldn't think they could speed it up too much :?

Rapunzel94
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by Rapunzel94 » Nov Fri 06, 2015 2:34 pm

Anything but stitches great escape. >.<

IMFearless
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by IMFearless » Nov Sat 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Had to think about this a bit, but as of my last visit in 2011 I think the only ride I hadn't been on was the Triceratop Spin. Mom says when I was a kid I used to get back in line to get on Dumbo repeatedly all day; nowadays the spin-in-circles-and-go-up-and-down doesn't appeal to me enough to merit waiting in the inevitably long lines for it.

Oh, and this doesn't really count, but I'll only do Kali River Rapids if I've planned in advance to be wet for a very long time. I'll still do Splash Mountain mostly whenever because it's worth it though :P
()()()()
___..._
|...|.. V
+-+--+ The wildest ride in the wilderness!
+-----+
()()....O

[url=http://ubdesigner.com]
Forwhating?
Hi everybody! I'm a corporate symbol!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 08, 2015 7:49 am

IMFearless wrote:Had to think about this a bit, but as of my last visit in 2011 I think the only ride I hadn't been on was the Triceratop Spin. Mom says when I was a kid I used to get back in line to get on Dumbo repeatedly all day; nowadays the spin-in-circles-and-go-up-and-down doesn't appeal to me enough to merit waiting in the inevitably long lines for it.

Oh, and this doesn't really count, but I'll only do Kali River Rapids if I've planned in advance to be wet for a very long time. I'll still do Splash Mountain mostly whenever because it's worth it though :P
I loved Dumbo when I was little too ~ I think my Mom likes it more than I do now though.
I'm with you on the Kali River Rapids vs. Splash Mountain. Kali is fun, but not as much of a show as Splash for me. Plus you rarely get super soaked on Splash, but on Kali it almost always happens :shock: