What ride/attraction won't you ride?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

SorcererDonald16
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by SorcererDonald16 » Feb Mon 06, 2012 8:20 am

Amy wrote:
SorcererDonald16 wrote:
Amy wrote: Wow ~ that is some cupcake! :shock: Are you planning on ever eating the elephant??
Nope, just keeping it. The cupcake tastes even better than it looks. So yummy!

I've got my small, chocolate, gold-dusted castle from my 2009 birthday cake (from Boardwalk Bakery) in my freezer with the elephant, haha. :D
Well, at least they have each other for company in that cold, dark freezer :( You do know chocolate is meant to be eaten?? ;)
Haha, yes. Not a big fan of chocolate though (or sugar in general, outside of when I'm on vacay), and I like having them to remind me of my trips. And I get to see the castle every time I open the freezer door, so that makes me happy. :donald:

Whenever I get back, if they still have that cupcake, I'll eat the new elephant. :lol:

DemonOfMusic
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Mon 06, 2012 4:19 pm

I personally won't ride Tower of Terror. I used to ride it all the time when I was pretty young, but then I got scared of everything that even remotely resembled a thrill ride, for some reason. I absolutely love roller coasters and thrill rides now, I love Expedition Everest, the Rock n' Roller Coaster, and Mission: Space, but I still won't get on Tower of Terror. I've never really been able to get over my mental block on it. It still scares me :P
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

mills10
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by mills10 » Feb Wed 08, 2012 12:37 pm

I really wont ride It's a Small World. That song drives me nuts! The only way I will ride it is if someone in my group has never been on it. It is a classic ride that I think you should experience at least once, but like I said it drives me nuts!

bravesfan01
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by bravesfan01 » Feb Wed 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Dumbo - 45 minute wait for a 90 second ride? There are longer rides for less of a wait.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Wed 08, 2012 1:08 pm

bravesfan01 wrote:Dumbo - 45 minute wait for a 90 second ride? There are longer rides for less of a wait.
Get there at rope drop...and you can pretty much walk on any attraction in Fantasyland.

Here is a recap of the day DW and I went to MK at rope drop...and the short Fantasyland queues.

http://greatbigbeautifultoday.blogspot. ... s-are.html

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

kosmosworld
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by kosmosworld » Feb Thu 09, 2012 9:09 am

Mission Space for me! I can't stand spinning around, and just the thought of moving at G-force has me queezy! I've heard too many stories from people who have ridden on it, & have gotten sick.

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by secondstar » Feb Thu 09, 2012 1:25 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Get there at rope drop...and you can pretty much walk on any attraction in Fantasyland.

Here is a recap of the day DW and I went to MK at rope drop...and the short Fantasyland queues.

http://greatbigbeautifultoday.blogspot. ... s-are.html
theBIGyowski, that's a nice page you presented. I enjoyed it very much!
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Thu 09, 2012 2:43 pm

kosmosworld wrote:Mission Space for me! I can't stand spinning around, and just the thought of moving at G-force has me queezy! I've heard too many stories from people who have ridden on it, & have gotten sick.
Yes, sick is right! I don't like any of those kind of rides but I will always ride once to experience it. Thus was the trip on Mission Space. I rode it once when it first opened... being a Horizon's girl I wanted to see what had taken my beloved ride away. Well, about 30 seconds into the ride I was searching for a panic button! It felt like an eternity on that ride! I was nauseous for a good 2+ hours after that and said never again!

But then they offered Mission Space without the spinning, hurray! So I tried it again... still was bad, still felt yucky but only for an hour or so that time. Seriously I am done with the fast, spinning, flipping and otherwise! Give me Carousel of Progress any day! :D
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 09, 2012 9:05 pm

cousininmiami wrote:...But then they offered Mission Space without the spinning, hurray! So I tried it again... still was bad, still felt yucky but only for an hour or so that time. Seriously I am done with the fast, spinning, flipping and otherwise! Give me Carousel of Progress any day! :D
You do know Carousel of Progress spins around right?! ;) :lol:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Thu 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Amy wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:...But then they offered Mission Space without the spinning, hurray! So I tried it again... still was bad, still felt yucky but only for an hour or so that time. Seriously I am done with the fast, spinning, flipping and otherwise! Give me Carousel of Progress any day! :D
Oh Amy... :wink:

I can only do green M:S about once and that's it... even non-spinning gets me a bit!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Thu 09, 2012 9:37 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:

I can only do green M:S about once and that's it... even non-spinning gets me a bit!
I couldn't resist a little mayhem :twisted:

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Thu 09, 2012 9:57 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what effect does the non-spinning have on you? I'm seriously blessed with never having had motion sickness, so I was just wondering how the non-spinning ride affects you. I'm completely obsessed with M:S. I'm really sorry you can't take spinning rides- you are seriously missing out! :(
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by casrin » Feb Fri 10, 2012 9:45 am

I'm not really interested in Mission Space just because it doesn't sound interesting to me. Everything else, I'm game for!
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 10, 2012 12:32 pm

casrin wrote:I'm not really interested in Mission Space just because it doesn't sound interesting to me. Everything else, I'm game for!
I wanted to be an astronaut growing up do Mission Space was really exciting for me!

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Fri 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Amy wrote:
LOL.... a very slow spin indeed!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°