Wait time website

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Breton
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Wait time website

Post by Breton » Aug Sun 08, 2010 10:40 am

Didn't know if anyone had found this before but there is a decent website i have found for ride wait times. You can view some attraction wait times but to view all it is a $10 subscription.

http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=0

Wait time direct link (PC, Palm, Blackberry, IPhone, Android):
http://m.touringplans.com

It would be cool if these could somehow be incorporated into the subsonic webpage
sort of like how the airport delays are displayed on this webpage: www.flightaware.com or a marquis like on the top of the page on this website: http://srsounds.com/joom_15/

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: Wait time website

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Mon 09, 2010 10:21 am

I have been using Lines for a while now...just checking the wait times a few times each day to get a feel for it. My trip is quickly approaching and I plan on using Lines while I am there. The website, TouringPlans.com, is a great one and I have been a subscriber of that for a while as well. The Crowd Calendar is great and it helped me decide which parks to visit on which days as well as helping me decide on my ADRs.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Aug Mon 09, 2010 8:16 pm

We've been using the touring plans one for about a year or two. It used to be free!!

They still give you the next 30 days for free & that's how we usually use it anyway.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 09, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm not a big fan of having to pay to use websites. I think with a little work you can find all the information you need for free. I know you are paying for convenience and for the people that are willing to pay that is great, but I'll keep researching on my own (and picking the brains of my friends ;) ) Plus, if I have to pay for these services, I won't be able to afford my vacation!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Aug Mon 09, 2010 9:24 pm

I use the website all the time. I do pay for it but it is not expensive at all. I seem to be helping more and more people plan their trips lately so having the crowd calendar handy is very helpful.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Tue 10, 2010 9:26 am

If you buy The Unofficial Guide to WDW each year...you get your subscription to TouringPlans.com at a discounted rate. So...that was worth it to me since I already owned the 2010 edition of the book.

I like it mostly for the kind of information you cannot get online such as travel times between all of the parks and resorts, crowd calendars that go out several months (needed for ADRs), and having an electronic copy of the touring plans. I used to use RideMax but it was much more expensive at creating touring plans. It gave you exact plans that were to-the-minute and they worked amazingly...but like I said...the program was expensive.

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Aug Wed 11, 2010 10:46 am

IMO Touring Plans crowd calendar can be really helpful if you're not aware of bigger things happening in the parks - like Pop Warner Weekend or Jersey Week - that would cause the crowds to be large. Now if you check around you can find this info, but its just easier to have it spelled out for you in the crowd calendar.

We also use it somewhat to determine which park to go to, usually avoiding extra magic hours parks.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Aug Thu 12, 2010 9:38 pm

That's a good idea but I wouldn't pay $10 to use it.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Fri 13, 2010 8:59 am

MetalRage wrote:That's a good idea but I wouldn't pay $10 to use it.
There are ways to get discounts on it...one is if you own a copy of the 2010 or 2011 Unofficial Guide to WDW. They ask you to give them a certain word on a certain page in the book to verify. You could also carry a laptop with you inside of a bookstore that has the book...to save a few bucks. But you didn't hear that from me. :wink:

I personally love the Unofficial Guide because it has a ton of valuable information in it. So for me it was worth the extra little bit to use the mobile wait time application for upcoming trips.

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Aug Fri 13, 2010 11:20 am

I love that guide too, but really if you have the '09 one (which I do), not enough has changed that you want to run out and buy the one for '10.

Now when the new fantasyland comes out, that's when you'll want to really update!

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Aug Fri 13, 2010 12:56 pm

disneylizzy wrote:I love that guide too, but really if you have the '09 one (which I do), not enough has changed that you want to run out and buy the one for '10.

Now when the new fantasyland comes out, that's when you'll want to really update!
Yeah...that's where TouringPlans.com comes in...as they post updates to the book there as well as keeping things fresh in terms of what's going on in the parks.

For those of us who attend the parks it is probably worth paying a little...but for the casual reader I can see it not being worth it.

viking245
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by viking245 » Aug Fri 13, 2010 6:01 pm

We got the book in '08 for when we went and yes, it's LOADED with information. Very handy. I did pay the $10 for our trip last month and (using my G1 phone) the wait times were pretty much right on. Also helpful is the user submitted wait times. I printed a couple of park trip plans but only got to use it for one park. That worked GREAT. We were there around the 4th Holiday, and even with the crowds being a level 9 and 10 (10 being the highest), wait times using their plan were minimal.

It's a 1-year subscription, and with any luck, we'll be able to use it again before it expires. :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 13, 2010 10:57 pm

viking245 wrote:We got the book in '08 for when we went and yes, it's LOADED with information. Very handy. I did pay the $10 for our trip last month and (using my G1 phone) the wait times were pretty much right on. Also helpful is the user submitted wait times. I printed a couple of park trip plans but only got to use it for one park. That worked GREAT. We were there around the 4th Holiday, and even with the crowds being a level 9 and 10 (10 being the highest), wait times using their plan were minimal.

It's a 1-year subscription, and with any luck, we'll be able to use it again before it expires. :)
That's a good way to get the most value out of it! Use it for more than one trip, much like an annual pass used at least twice :D

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Aug Mon 16, 2010 1:39 am

theBIGyowski wrote:
MetalRage wrote:That's a good idea but I wouldn't pay $10 to use it.
There are ways to get discounts on it...one is if you own a copy of the 2010 or 2011 Unofficial Guide to WDW. They ask you to give them a certain word on a certain page in the book to verify. You could also carry a laptop with you inside of a bookstore that has the book...to save a few bucks. But you didn't hear that from me. :wink:

I personally love the Unofficial Guide because it has a ton of valuable information in it. So for me it was worth the extra little bit to use the mobile wait time application for upcoming trips.
Cool thanks for the tip!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Aug Thu 19, 2010 8:11 pm

I prefer to just use the Disney world mobile website. It doesn't have exact times but it has ranges like see now, moderate and high demand. Also it says whether fastpasses are available or not. I'm ok with not knowing the exact wait time, I can see that when we walk up to the ride. I just like having a general idea of how to plan.
"now, bring me that horizon"