Now that Captain EO is back, which pre-show are they using?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Now that Captain EO is back, which pre-show are they using?

Post by casrin » Aug Sat 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi!

Question for those of you who've been to WDW since Captain EO has made its return: which pre-show are they showing before you go in to see EO? Thanks a bunch!
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Now that Captain EO is back, which pre-show are they usi

Post by Len90 » Aug Sat 07, 2010 10:07 pm

I don't really recall it since when we saw it we were in the pre-show room for only a minute or two before the doors to the theater opened. From what I have gathered and recalled it is all the original 1986. I believe it is on the making of Captain EO.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Sun 08, 2010 12:11 am

You are correct, it is a behind the scenes documentry on the Making of Capt. EO.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

casrin

Post by casrin » Aug Sun 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Cool thanks for the info!
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Was there a different pre-show other than the making of documentary?!

nancynohorse
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by nancynohorse » Aug Fri 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Yep!

Originally, it was "Makin' Memories" and then that was followed up with "Capture A Smile." I want to say they switched from one show to the other in 1990 or so? "Capture A Smile" ran until 1994-ish. Whenever it was that Captain EO left and they switched over to Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

After my son passed away, friends from Kodak and WDI made it possible so that Erik's photo was used in "Capture A Smile!" His picture was of Erik as a "chemo kid," with the bald head. He was tugging his ears out wide and smiling. Erik was in "Capture A Smile" for five months, and that was really special since the photos in those pre-shows were all carefully chosen model shots. They weren't random photos while Erik's was just a little boy with cancer being a ham for the camera when he was five years old. :)
[b]-nancynohorse[/b] :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 13, 2010 11:01 pm

nancynohorse wrote:Yep!

Originally, it was "Makin' Memories" and then that was followed up with "Capture A Smile." I want to say they switched from one show to the other in 1990 or so? "Capture A Smile" ran until 1994-ish. Whenever it was that Captain EO left and they switched over to Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

After my son passed away, friends from Kodak and WDI made it possible so that Erik's photo was used in "Capture A Smile!" His picture was of Erik as a "chemo kid," with the bald head. He was tugging his ears out wide and smiling. Erik was in "Capture A Smile" for five months, and that was really special since the photos in those pre-shows were all carefully chosen model shots. They weren't random photos while Erik's was just a little boy with cancer being a ham for the camera when he was five years old. :)
That is so special that your son was included in the pre-show. I hope they bring it back so you can see it again! I hope we saw him during one of those pre-shows and I'm sure if we did see him we smiled when we saw him being silly :D Thanks for sharing nancynohorse!

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Aug Fri 13, 2010 11:19 pm

that's so difficult and wonderful that they included your son. I hope they brought it back. I'll look for him in the preshow.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sat 14, 2010 4:42 pm

I'm so sorry your passed away. But, what a neat memory!!!

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Aug Sat 14, 2010 7:39 pm

Oh Nancy, I am so sad to hear of your loss. big hugs for you

Back to the pre-show, I actually thought that the "making of" EO was more interesting than EO itself.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Sun 15, 2010 11:42 am

At Epcot they introduced the making of as the "original " preshow and it includes the Kodak Memories bit with the family pic and the frog. if you've sen it you know what i'm talking about.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

paul1232
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by paul1232 » Aug Sun 29, 2010 4:16 pm

I saw captain EO in disneyland. It was the "making of"

pixiesparkles
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by pixiesparkles » Jan Sat 21, 2012 12:59 pm

I saw the original Captain EO...I am heading back down to WDW in March. Can't wait to see it again; talk about awesome memories dancing and singing the songs as we were leaving the attraction. Glad it is back.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jan Tue 24, 2012 10:42 pm

So very sorry for your loss of little Erik. I'm sure his photo brought smiles to alot of faces, and maybe a couple of tears. Thanks for sharing, nancynohorse :mickey: