Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Does anybody collect pins?

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 08, 2015 11:58 am

Tiger87 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Tiger87 wrote:From what I know and I do is..new pins I get I put a magnet on the bag and roll the bag around real easy if you get one that sticks its a scrapper...I think that's what they call it..but the way they make the pins on the factory line if a pin don't start to look right they throw them into buckets..a pin goes through a few steps before its finally made from what I've heard is some workers have taken these "scrappers" and have been circulating ...so it ends up into the traders hands...Look for imperfections..wrong colors on the charactors..stuff like that..if you end up with some put them off to side I have found maybe 3 out of 450 trading pins I have purchased on ebay...
Ah, good tip. That isn't a high percentage then. The one blog was making it sound like it was a really big problem. I wonder if some of the scrappers might actually be worth a little bit more if they had the wrong colors on them then, because they would be rare?
I would think so to some value at the least you could make a collection of scrappers..thats what I plan to do.Soon I plan on buying some more trading pins on ebay..if I find any I'll let you know how I did
Cool ~ thanks!

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Feb Tue 07, 2017 12:09 pm

I posted in this thread almost 5 years ago. Meanwhile I got some new cool pins.

A friend of mine was in Disneyland Paris in 2015 and she bought me this Halloween Pin Set.

I also got two christmas pins. The one from 2013 was a gift from friends here in Germany. They bought it while they were there and the one from 2016 was a birthday gift from my BFF from Jacksonville.

The rainbow pin from 2012 was also a gift from my BFF and the Figment pin is the one you get when you did the unDIScovered Future World Tour in 2014. I loved the tour.

These two pins were also a gift from my BFF. He gave them to me when I was in Orlando in 2014.

These two pins are also a gift from him. I got the left one also in 2014. The right one has an amazing personal story for me. He was driving home for christmas when he stopped for a break at Disney Springs. He knows that I adore Disney World and he went live on Facebook for me and showed me the new area. In the Pin Trading Hut he tooked some photos and I was free to choose a pin and he sent it to Germany.

So I have 30 pins now but I want more.
It's so sad that you hardly get any pins here in Germany.

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Feb Tue 07, 2017 1:00 pm

Nice collection Epcotmaniac!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Nice additions to your collection ~ how cool that your friend was able to let you pick out a pin from another country!!
I'll have to look but I don't think we got a Figment pin when we did the unDIScovered Future World Tour. I'm thinking I would have remembered F1gment being far more excited than she was about whatever we got. Neither of us were big into the pins :|

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Feb Tue 07, 2017 1:32 pm

If you have any pins you don't need. I know a young nice gentleman in Germany who would be happy about them. :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Tue 07, 2017 9:51 pm

Epcotmaniac wrote:If you have any pins you don't need. I know a young nice gentleman in Germany who would be happy about them. :D
I had a Cinderella pin flying around. Not literally, of course. Anyway, send me your address on Facebook and if I find it I can send it to you.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Feb Tue 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Same here. I think I have some pins around here somewhere that could use a good home.

spectrotiki
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by spectrotiki » Mar Mon 13, 2017 2:40 pm

DBF and I collect pins, we aren't crazy with the pin trading aspect but every time we are in the parks we each get one or two unique ones or ones from attractions etc that we love (usually HM for me). ;)

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Mar Wed 15, 2017 11:56 am

spectrotiki wrote:DBF and I collect pins, we aren't crazy with the pin trading aspect but every time we are in the parks we each get one or two unique ones or ones from attractions etc that we love (usually HM for me). ;)
That's what I do too! I don't collect pins to do trading or selling... just a memory of a trip! I especially love to get Resort pins, and attraction pins.
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Mar Thu 16, 2017 8:06 am

Meanwhile I got some new Pins from Manhattan.

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Mar Thu 16, 2017 10:18 am

Oh I like those! Great picks!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Mar Thu 16, 2017 12:41 pm

They are only sold at the Disney store in Manhattan. There are two more which I will get in September.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 16, 2017 5:32 pm

those are great Epcotmaniac ~ I like the Mickey firefighter the best :)