Does anybody collect pins?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Re: Does anybody collect pins?

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Wed 04, 2010 9:47 am

I have tons, and I may mean that literally, of pins! I originally kept them on bulletin boards when i was single, I has 2 huge ones filled. Now that I am married I have 8 books filled. and I have plenty more to fill up! In my weekend trip this pat weekend I traded about 75. Ebay is a great way to get cheap pins!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by figmentaholic » Aug Wed 04, 2010 12:45 pm

I used to collect pins, but right now I have wound down my collection quite a bit, and right now I only collect Figment pins. I do have quite a few, but there have been a few others that were rare or had personal significance, like a Pete's dragon or a certain Stitch pin that I kept cause it reminded me of something specific.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Wed 04, 2010 1:18 pm

If anyone is trying to get rid of there pins let me know!!! lol
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Wed 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Cool pic. M-dude, BTW, what resort was that???

I don't really collect pins, I have a few that mean something to me. Like from the races we've run and a few holiday ones. I can see how this could become addicting though, there are so many cool pins out there!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Wed 04, 2010 8:06 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Cool pic. M-dude, BTW, what resort was that???

I don't really collect pins, I have a few that mean something to me. Like from the races we've run and a few holiday ones. I can see how this could become addicting though, there are so many cool pins out there!
That was at Port Orleans Riverside.
And we're the same way: we only collect pins that mean something. We don't just go get pins at random just to have them, and we don't trade them. Every pin we have is one that represents a specific experience we had. They're more special that way. :)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Wed 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Cool pic. M-dude, BTW, what resort was that???

That was at Port Orleans Riverside.
And we're the same way: we only collect pins that mean something. We don't just go get pins at random just to have them, and we don't trade them. Every pin we have is one that represents a specific experience we had. They're more special that way. :)
It's been years since I've stayed at PORS! I'm with you, I don't trade my pins either, they each have a special meaning!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 04, 2010 8:27 pm

What a nice photo of the Mousekecouple! But you both look a little sad ~ I suppose it is because you are leaving instead of arriving?
I would be interested in seeing a photo of Mouseoholic's pin display ~ sounds interesting.
I have a few pins. There are just too many to choose from and they are way too expensive to collect. I have a nice one that one of my piano families bought for me on a trip a few years back. It is a fancy one that opens up.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Thu 05, 2010 9:12 am

I too never trade once I have bought one or gotten one from a CM. Before our last visit, my Disney Parks outlet had pins on sale for .99!! So, I bought 50 of them! Well, yes it was $50... but each pin at the park these days cost $7 - $10, so this was quite a deal. I obviously never intended to keep any of them, their only purpose was to trade with CM's! I had an absolute blast trading anywhere and everywhere! My son and husband would be on the lookout for the hidden Mickey's... so we all were in the spirit of looking. I'm always out for a deal, and this is the best one for the most fun I've had in a while. I can't wait to do it again! (but I need to buy some more traders :-) soon!)
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 05, 2010 10:11 am

cousininmiami wrote:I too never trade once I have bought one or gotten one from a CM. Before our last visit, my Disney Parks outlet had pins on sale for .99!! So, I bought 50 of them! Well, yes it was $50... but each pin at the park these days cost $7 - $10, so this was quite a deal. I obviously never intended to keep any of them, their only purpose was to trade with CM's! I had an absolute blast trading anywhere and everywhere! My son and husband would be on the lookout for the hidden Mickey's... so we all were in the spirit of looking. I'm always out for a deal, and this is the best one for the most fun I've had in a while. I can't wait to do it again! (but I need to buy some more traders :-) soon!)
That was some smart thinking! Did you put the pins you traded for out of sight once you got them?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 05, 2010 11:32 am

Usually the pins that we buy are special, meaningful ones.

BUT...

I suppose if we were to find a great deal like that we would have to buy a few just to see what kinds of pins we could trade for. Just for the fun of it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 05, 2010 11:44 am

I have heard that CM will not say no to a trade...does anyone know if that holds true?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 05, 2010 12:15 pm

I've heard that's how it's supposed to be, but since I've never actually traded I'm not 100% sure.

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Thu 05, 2010 1:30 pm

Ok here are the rules.... all CM's HAVE to trade, you can trade up to ( 2 ) pins with each CM. You cannot give them a pin they already have, and any CM with a GREEN lanyard is for trading with KIDS only! It is a blast! Looking for hidden Mickey's everywhere... = fun!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 05, 2010 1:32 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Ok here are the rules.... all CM's HAVE to trade, you can trade up to ( 2 ) pins with each CM. You cannot give them a pin they already have, and any CM with a GREEN lanyard is for trading with KIDS only! It is a blast! Looking for hidden Mickey's everywhere... = fun!
Wow! Great info! Thanks! I never knew the full rules of trading.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Aug Thu 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Last year there was a special promotion for AP holders at DTD. You got 2 free lanyards and 2 free pins. I plan on using these to trade this year. I have never really done pin trading. I buy pins I like and would never want to trade them for the world.

One of the main reasons I do not wear my pins on my bag anymore is because it is murder on your body when riding rides. I found out the hard way on RR. :shock: The take off with all of those pins on my bag about killed me. Sometimes we take a backpack and add a few on there. I am more sensible now than I was then. I a was pin crazy...

Each year I say I am not going to buy more pins and I do. Last night we took a picture of my wall but it did not have all of my pins on there. I do not have enough space for all of them. I need my Mickey shadow box...

Mouseoholic!