Moderator: Moderators

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Re: Does anybody collect pins?

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Fri 06, 2010 11:33 am

mindflipper wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Arrrrrgggggg....!!!! I'm having nightmares about Mickey shadow boxes!! :shock:

Tell you what, I'll start building it next week, and I'll keep a photojournal of the progress. This should be fun! :D
Maybe make your progress reports your own topic thread? Don't forget the pics?

Oh yeh...when do you start taking orders? :wink:
I don't know about taking orders.... let's see how the first one turns out. Warning: it may take a while to finish it... :lol:

I like the idea of starting a thread, though. I think I'll call it "Creative Disney Crafting" and open it up to anyone who's into arts and crafts, and who has made, or wants to make, some kind of Disney-related craft item. In fact, I think I'll create it right now... (scurries off).

MoonPet
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MoonPet » Aug Fri 06, 2010 1:51 pm

I like to buy some of the annual pins -- passholder and DVC for example and the pins released each year for special events that I attend like MVMCP. I will admit that the only time I went overboard with pins was at the D23 expo. I think I told the guy at the counter "Give me one of whatever pins you are allowed to sell right now!"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Fri 06, 2010 2:40 pm

MoonPet wrote:I like to buy some of the annual pins -- passholder and DVC for example and the pins released each year for special events that I attend like MVMCP. I will admit that the only time I went overboard with pins was at the D23 expo. I think I told the guy at the counter "Give me one of whatever pins you are allowed to sell right now!"
We had a really hard time not buying everything in sight at the Expo! We might have picked up one or two classic pins that can't be found anywhere else. Isn't it sad? I can't remember what we bought....we were so overwhelmed.
(shameless plug) Tickets for next year's expo go on sale on the 19th...exactly 1 year in advance. We're hoping to make it!

MoonPet

Post by MoonPet » Aug Fri 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Same here. We won't be going to Destination D this September, but I plan on attending the entire Expo next year. I'm glad they made it in August. Last year's Expo coincided with the opening of the NYC Public Schools, so I literally left on Friday after work and was back at work on Monday. Didn't get to see the entire Expo and was pretty worn out. But, at least I was able to attend some of the Expo events and the auction.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 07, 2010 8:44 am

MoonPet wrote:I like to buy some of the annual pins -- passholder and DVC for example and the pins released each year for special events that I attend like MVMCP. I will admit that the only time I went overboard with pins was at the D23 expo. I think I told the guy at the counter "Give me one of whatever pins you are allowed to sell right now!"
Did the guy's eyes get a little bit wider when you said that?! :shock: Cha-ching!! :shock:

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Sat 07, 2010 10:09 am

I am going to my Disney Parks Outlet later on this afternoon, will be looking for pins! Will post what I find there later!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Sat 07, 2010 1:30 pm

cousininmiami wrote:I am going to my Disney Parks Outlet later on this afternoon, will be looking for pins! Will post what I find there later!
Take pictures Please!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Sat 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Okay, as promised, here is a picture of the current woeful state of Mouseoholic's pin collection. That is only about half of them, and they're all just sort of crammed on there, and hanging on lanyards, and scattered amongst a lot of other Disney bric-a-brac, so you can see the reason I need to get busy on the shadow box! The rest of them are just all piled up on a shelf elsewhere. It's really sad, and I need to get right on it ASAP, obviously!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Sat 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Okay, as promised, here is a picture of the current woeful state of Mouseoholic's pin collection. That is only about half of them, and they're all just sort of crammed on there, and hanging on lanyards, and scattered amongst a lot of other Disney bric-a-brac, so you can see the reason I need to get busy on the shadow box! The rest of them are just all piled up on a shelf elsewhere. It's really sad, and I need to get right on it ASAP, obviously!

Get to work slacker!!! I mean Dude you really to make that!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sat 07, 2010 4:25 pm

M-dude! You must get right to work on that shadow box for Mouseoholic! :wink:

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Sat 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Wow Mousekedude, what a cool picture! I love it!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 08, 2010 7:54 am

I actually like the pins around the picture in the frame. Maybe you just need to find a home for the other stuff?! Nope, you probably should get to work on the shadowbox, that will be nice too!
I like the cloud-y mouse ear hats...are those from a year of a million dreams?

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Mon 09, 2010 11:40 am

Amy wrote: I like the cloud-y mouse ear hats...are those from a year of a million dreams?
Yep. They sure are. :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Mon 09, 2010 2:00 pm

Amy wrote:I actually like the pins around the picture in the frame. Maybe you just need to find a home for the other stuff?! Nope, you probably should get to work on the shadowbox, that will be nice too!
I think he will need to build a curio cabinet to house the mouse ear hats and other items... :wink:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Mon 09, 2010 4:54 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:I actually like the pins around the picture in the frame. Maybe you just need to find a home for the other stuff?! Nope, you probably should get to work on the shadowbox, that will be nice too!
I think he will need to build a curio cabinet to house the mouse ear hats and other items... :wink:
Probably! :lol:
Unless Mouseoholic cleans off her "cherishables" shelf (see the Crafting thread) and puts them on that.