Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: Does anybody collect pins?

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Thu 21, 2013 4:09 pm

That Epcot CM pin set is very cool!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Feb Thu 21, 2013 10:02 pm

i like most of them, not so much the Sweet ones though...must have the Dreamfinder Duffy pin, lol
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Feb Thu 21, 2013 10:23 pm

I always had a thought or two on buying one or two pins when I go, But I always forget to check them out. It seems like a lot of fun though!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Feb Fri 22, 2013 12:50 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:btw, here is the link of all the past hm pins from wdw and dl

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pint ... t?id=38899
I've spotted the Disneyland storybookland lighthouse pin all over WDW (parks, resorts and DTD) and every time I've seen it I've thought it was the lighthouse at Yacht/Beach Club but with Boardwalk colors. I'd much rather see the Disneyland villain coffin set. :hm_ghost:
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Fri 22, 2013 9:57 am

I ended up making an entire Paris lanyard when I went over. Their pins are cheaper than ours- starting at roughly $5 USD compared to $7 or $8 at WDW. To fill a lanyard cost me maybe $60 USD.
Last edited by Soarin08 on Feb Fri 22, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Feb Fri 22, 2013 7:43 pm

i should have avoided this thread at all costs. Those pins are pretty killer.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Wed 27, 2013 11:46 am

I've collected Scrooge stuff for years, including pins. But my favorite pin is probably from the Ocala Information Center that used ti be on I-75 (remember that?). We ALWAYS stopped there, as my parents are in Crystal River and that was our exit when coming from Virginia, or, now, Georgia.

But I don't follow very faithfully anymore. In fact, I've been toying with selling off the entire collection...especially if the economy stays this way!
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 27, 2013 12:01 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:I've collected Scrooge stuff for years, including pins. But my favorite pin is probably from the Ocala Information Center that used ti be on I-75 (remember that?). We ALWAYS stopped there, as my parents are in Crystal River and that was our exit when coming from Virginia, or, now, Georgia.

But I don't follow very faithfully anymore. In fact, I've been toying with selling off the entire collection...especially if the economy stays this way!
I wonder if we will start seeing more and more collectibles come on the market with the economy staying in it's current state...

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Wed 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Probably! I've also got a set of Simpson's things I want to sell off (and make more shelf room, really) and I've got 7 pinball machines, 4 of which are probably Too Many. Those need to find loving homes, too!

I know we saw some effects early on, with people selling vehicles, property etc. Down here the telling sign is when people cut and harvest their trees. Lots of empty land now, with the pine trees being harvested for wood pulp and such. Georgia used to have the largest % of row crops of any state, due to pines...not sure if that still holds true...

You know things are bad when your financial adviser says to invest in rare coins!
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 27, 2013 8:55 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Probably! I've also got a set of Simpson's things I want to sell off (and make more shelf room, really) and I've got 7 pinball machines, 4 of which are probably Too Many. Those need to find loving homes, too!

I know we saw some effects early on, with people selling vehicles, property etc. Down here the telling sign is when people cut and harvest their trees. Lots of empty land now, with the pine trees being harvested for wood pulp and such. Georgia used to have the largest % of row crops of any state, due to pines...not sure if that still holds true...

You know things are bad when your financial adviser says to invest in rare coins!
7 full-sized pinball machines?! :shock: That is a lot! Those definitely could bring in some money though...
That's sad to see trees cut down like that. We have lost many of our trees in tornadoes over the last few years and are really missing the shade and beauty they provided :( One of our neighbor's trees fell about a month ago with the high winds and is still lying on the property line. It leans a little more over toward our house with every heavy wet snow we have. Hopefully whoever she has clean it up also takes care of all those teeny, tiny little sticks :shock: :!:
Rare coins hmmm? I wonder if my Eisenhower silver dollars count? They certainly act at the bank like they've never heard of the coin :roll:

UncleScrooge477

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Mar Fri 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Amy wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:Probably! I've also got a set of Simpson's things I want to sell off (and make more shelf room, really) and I've got 7 pinball machines, 4 of which are probably Too Many. Those need to find loving homes, too!

7 full-sized pinball machines?! :shock: That is a lot! Those definitely could bring in some money though...
That's sad to see trees cut down like that. We have lost many of our trees in tornadoes over the last few years and are really missing the shade and beauty they provided :( One of our neighbor's trees fell about a month ago with the high winds and is still lying on the property line. It leans a little more over toward our house with every heavy wet snow we have. Hopefully whoever she has clean it up also takes care of all those teeny, tiny little sticks :shock: :!:
Rare coins hmmm? I wonder if my Eisenhower silver dollars count? They certainly act at the bank like they've never heard of the coin :roll:

Pinballs aren't TOO bad...there was a discussion thread over at one of the Pinball Forums about how many people had, and so forth: one guy's father-in-law collect antique 18 wheel rigs! Now THAT takes some space. I'm pretty sure they were stored outside, but just imagine having a garage/shed/basement/enclave large enough to store them all inside!!! :lol:
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 01, 2013 9:38 pm

Semi truck collectors? That is a new one by me! :shock: Our friends have a collection of trucks, but they are the toy variety, about 12" - 14" in length and lined up around the ledge at the top of their basement

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Sat 02, 2013 11:13 am

Amy wrote:Semi truck collectors? That is a new one by me! :shock: Our friends have a collection of trucks, but they are the toy variety, about 12" - 14" in length and lined up around the ledge at the top of their basement
I collect dust. dust.Easily, too, I might add.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 02, 2013 11:27 am

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:Semi truck collectors? That is a new one by me! :shock: Our friends have a collection of trucks, but they are the toy variety, about 12" - 14" in length and lined up around the ledge at the top of their basement
I collect dust. dust.Easily, too, I might add.
:lol: Good to know ~ I will be collecting some and sending it along to you ~ no need to thank me :mrgreen:

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Mar Tue 05, 2013 9:19 pm

[quote="dstrawn9889"]Image[/
Ooooo, I love the friendship boats :donald: