All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

mills10
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Re: Does anybody collect pins?

Post by mills10 » Mar Tue 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Amy wrote:
mills10 wrote:Amy what I meant was if I could tell the pin was special to the child from the parents reaction I tried to get them to trade a different pin of theirs for the one on my cast lanyard. Sometimes when kids see a new pin a cast member has they get so excited they grab any pin of theirs forgetting it is one of their favorites.
Oh :oops: ok. That makes sense and I sort of wondered if that was what you meant :lol:
Yeah after I wrote that post I wondered if if made any sense, but couldn't think at the time how to change it. I was pretty tired that day!

Lori60
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Lori60 » Mar Tue 27, 2012 7:57 pm

I just buy the ones that I really really like, I've never traded with anyone. Maybe one day.

mills10

Post by mills10 » Mar Wed 28, 2012 11:02 am

Lori60 wrote:I just buy the ones that I really really like, I've never traded with anyone. Maybe one day.
You should try it sometime!! I don't really trade pins that often, but when I do it is so much fun! When I was on my college program there was a pin set I was interested in. Instead of buying it I had some pins I didn't care to much about so I decided to try to trade them for the set. One day I went to MK with the sole purpose of trying to collect the set. It was so much fun hunting down CM looking for those 5 little pins! You should try it some time. It is like a scavenger hunt!

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Mar Wed 28, 2012 11:27 am

see some of my above posts... BUY FROM REPUTABLE SOURCES a set of mixed disney pins, and trade them, it will save money buying the trader's sets...(i myself use http://stores.ebay.com/Sleepys-Emporium?_rdc=1 )

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 28, 2012 1:07 pm

mills10 wrote:
Lori60 wrote:I just buy the ones that I really really like, I've never traded with anyone. Maybe one day.
You should try it sometime!! I don't really trade pins that often, but when I do it is so much fun! When I was on my college program there was a pin set I was interested in. Instead of buying it I had some pins I didn't care to much about so I decided to try to trade them for the set. One day I went to MK with the sole purpose of trying to collect the set. It was so much fun hunting down CM looking for those 5 little pins! You should try it some time. It is like a scavenger hunt!
Did you find them all in one day?

mills10

Post by mills10 » Mar Wed 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Amy wrote:
mills10 wrote:
Did you find them all in one day?
I actually did find all of them!! I was pretty excited. :goofy:

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Mar Wed 28, 2012 3:11 pm

in my flickr acct, the window decal family--- my daughter was like a heat-seeking missle, it took her 2 days and i had to find the 11th pin online as we were leaving... she stopped every CM she could find... including the custodial staff, looking for cm's with lanyards and belt hangers to trade

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 28, 2012 7:40 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:in my flickr acct, the window decal family--- my daughter was like a heat-seeking missle, it took her 2 days and i had to find the 11th pin online as we were leaving... she stopped every CM she could find... including the custodial staff, looking for cm's with lanyards and belt hangers to trade
:lol: How old was your daughter when she was that focused on finding the pins?

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Mar Thu 29, 2012 9:23 am

was coming up on 11. she blew through the CM's like a shark after a injured seal

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 29, 2012 9:25 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:was coming up on 11. she blew through the CM's like a shark after a injured seal
:lol: Wow, that's pretty terrific. She should have great success in the future with that sort of focus :D

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Mar Thu 29, 2012 9:31 am

both of my children are considered 'focus' children here in GA. Accellerated classes, advanced work for their year... my 2nd grader has to have a select set of books brought in to challenge him(the elementary library is too low a reading level for him) so they can REALLY be focused on a give thing. but bless them, they ain't got much walking-around sense.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 29, 2012 9:36 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:both of my children are considered 'focus' children here in GA. Accellerated classes, advanced work for their year... my 2nd grader has to have a select set of books brought in to challenge him(the elementary library is too low a reading level for him) so they can REALLY be focused on a give thing. but bless them, they ain't got much walking-around sense.
Hopefully that walking-around sense comes as they get older! Be glad for the focus for the moment, although that can be a bit challenging too. I have a student who LOVES airplanes. He knows everything about them and I hear far more than I ever wanted to hear about airplanes too :roll: A few years ago it was skyscrapers. I'm ready for him to move on to something new...soon! Oh how I wish I could make it Disney-related :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Fri 30, 2012 4:33 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:both of my children are considered 'focus' children here in GA. Accellerated classes, advanced work for their year... my 2nd grader has to have a select set of books brought in to challenge him(the elementary library is too low a reading level for him) so they can REALLY be focused on a give thing. but bless them, they ain't got much walking-around sense.
One way to combat what is commonly called "street smarts" is to challenge your kids to solve a real-world problem they may have never encountered, and to have them do things like plan, prepare, serve, and clean up from dinner. It makes a big difference. You guys could be on-hand for things involving the stove or oven, but only with direction from the kiddo! You might end up with bacon, peas, and biscuits for dinner, but it's a good experience and helps your kids take what they know, or they think they know, and apply it in a practical way.

The rest of that comes with experience. Wisdom can't be learned from a book, unfortunately. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

BwanaBob
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by BwanaBob » Mar Sat 31, 2012 10:18 am

Two words...

Cash Cow!

Wish I had thought of it.
"Finally, from the depths of the Dark Ages came the Age of Enlightenment - the Renaissance.
And with this era, came a powerful new invention - BwanaBob."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 31, 2012 11:52 am

BwanaBob wrote:Two words...
Cash Cow!
Wish I had thought of it.
I am sort of curious how much the pins actually cost to make. I think the cheaper ones sell for about $8.95 or so at the parks and go up from there, so I would think they are making quite a profit on the pins...