All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Disney Transport Bus Roster

Post by cy1229 » Sep Thu 12, 2013 8:55 am

I am Sulley wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:well, they all cannot know which is what... gotta give em a sight card
Now that's what I call an "Idiots Guide" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or a serious nerdfest.... :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Mon 14, 2013 12:24 pm

looking through my parents pictures. my father really got into the 'pics of buses' looking for new and old buses still in service, will post pics asap... btw they seem to have adjusted the new color scheme... the back ends of the bus in the burnt-orange/silver scheme is no longer all orange... just some highlights. pics coming

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Thu 17, 2013 11:53 am

different graphic pack for the old 4 series machines --- all white

new model year is seems...

SoG in the house!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 17, 2013 1:23 pm

I like the white with the red better than the grey...

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » Oct Thu 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Now that looks so much better with the white. The grey (silver?) did not work for me.
Are there any more photos? (Sorry bus nut question) :lol:

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Oct Thu 17, 2013 4:55 pm

got more, just having problems with old image site and learning new... go a mess of numbers still rolling along, and the silver seems to be coming on the new buses(and the reflectivity highlighted by the fact he shot with a flash in this picture), and the white/red on the older machines... heck my father even got shots of some of the trams as well...

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » Jun Fri 06, 2014 4:07 pm

I am Sulley wrote:Not strictly "Disney Buses" but you will see the connection.
I work for a small bus company and last year a local Councillor described our buses operating to and from Chester Station as ugly. Our MD got into a bit of a war of words, so I managed to persuade him to name our buses on this service after the Ugly Sisters. This caused quite a bit of fun in the local papers. :lol:
Here are the photos of Anastasia & Drizella
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69727507@N07/8845666899/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69727507@N07/8845699955/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69727507@N07/8845741725/

They run from the Railway Station to the City Centre in Chester the County Town of Cheshire :ccat:
Following on from this post a year ago
We have just acquired an addition to our fleet to work on the Chester Railway Station service. Having painted it we wondered if it should be named along with the other buses used.
I suggested to my MD that only one name would be appropriate
Please Welcome "Lady Tremaine"

ImageAintree Coaches 115 CB54BUS by wdw1998, on Flickr
:)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 06, 2014 8:50 pm

She's lovely I am Sulley :D

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jun Thu 19, 2014 2:43 pm

I used to drive 1967 and 1966 GMC 35 and 40 footers, and sometimes some 30 ft Bluebirds, back when I drove for Blacksburg Transit in the late-80s. Those were the days...met my wife there, too! And that's a story best left for another day, and another thread...

By the way, Go Hokies...
UncleScrooge477

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Wed 30, 2014 12:48 am

In keeping with my yearly tradition, I posted an update and updated the roster. As noted I caught the two different versions of the new scheme. White on the old and Silver-grey on the new. From what I gather it is just going to be that way as Disney will just leave the old buses White with the new look.

SUMMER 2014 UPDATE:
Roster updated to match the current fleet and what I saw when there 7/17-7/23. As I predicted last year, the 2013 buses all came in with the new colors. The new buses will all be a silvery-grey with that red stripe so the bus look matches the drivers uniform again. Anybody remember the purple pants a few years ago? The old buses are gradually being transferred over to the new look. Seems like Disney is doing the sensible thing and doing the oldest buses first. The 2000-2002 Nova LFS' are the first to be seeing the new scheme. It looks like the buses being refurbished into the new scheme are going to remain painted white with the new markings. A few of the Nova LFS' were painted in silver, but I think those were the test buses first done to see the new colors. The RTS is barely alive right now. Just a few remaining and very seldom were they being used for guest routes. Most were just on the road for driver training. I personally never had one so this was my first trip to Disney World where I didn't have to walk up any steps onto the bus. No new 2014 buses were seen around the property. Shades of Green looks to have replaced the Novas with new Gilligs. Lots of buses both new and older had broken Magic in Motion systems with no announcements or music playing. So far reading back on my prior updates I have been pretty good in predicting. I assume most buses to be changed over to the new scheme within the next year so the big Disney in red and transit in purple will be a thing of the past very soon.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Mon 05, 2015 4:45 pm

Quick update from New Years:

No new buses for the 2014 calendar year. Fleet stands at 323 right now with all of the RTS fleet being gone. It felt weird not seeing the original Disney buses on property. 50 new buses are supposedly on order with 20 of them being the articulated buses.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Mon 29, 2015 9:43 am

Summer 2015 Update: Those 50 buses are on order and scheduled to arrive around the end of the year. These buses will be all for expanding the fleet to near 400 units. It also will be needed to reduce the stress on the bus fleet with the expanding hours of Animal Kingdom in the future. All of the current buses are expected to stay for the foreseeable future.
- Len90

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Tue 18, 2021 8:55 pm

2021 Update:

Wow so it's been a VERY long time since my last update so what's changed in the Disney Transport bus fleet: A LOT!
I was wrong in the buses all converting over to that 2013 scheme. It seemed like Disney was going to be quick in the change over but they were going ever so slowly. When 2019 hit the company decided to do something different and add some "character" to the buses. Started with placing large wraps on the buses for the fab five and after that it took off to extravagant wraps for characters/movies (Figment, UP, Cinderella, Aladdin, Pocahantas, Frozen, Lion King etc). Older Gillig's have started to receive wraps but are nowhere near as immersive and extravagant. So far the older buses are receiving more subdued wraps with only one window getting covered. Nova buses seemed to be becoming a bit rarer and a part of me is wondering if those are starting to be retired. The newest RTS buses were 20 years old at retirement and the NOVA LFS are hitting that mark now. No official word on retirement or replacement for those yet. Newest buses have blue/grey seating and feature USB charging ports. Estimate the fleet to be at around 470 buses right now if none of the older NOVA fleet were retired.
- Len90

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Wed 19, 2021 7:05 pm

What's your take on the end of Magical Express? I know these aren't Disney busses. I remember back in the '90's I'd take a Mears van or bus to the World, and I pretty much expect that will start up again, but I think I heard they will only go to Disney Springs.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Wed 19, 2021 9:10 pm

horizons1 wrote:
May Wed 19, 2021 7:05 pm
What's your take on the end of Magical Express? I know these aren't Disney busses. I remember back in the '90's I'd take a Mears van or bus to the World, and I pretty much expect that will start up again, but I think I heard they will only go to Disney Springs.
I always rent a car as I like to sometimes venture off to WalMart, the outlets, etc so I really never took Magical Express. I actually thought the Magical Express was a great option and was going to continue until the brightline opened. I am not a fan of them ending the Magical Express as it really became the way for a large majority of the guests to arrive on the resort. The transportation to and from the airport as well as luggage handling created a seamless process for travelers to get to and from the resort; which is a 25-35 minute drive from MCO. To me this seems like a contract was coming up for renewal and $$$ became an issue. Disney contracted and paid Mears to operate the service at no cost to guests (Factored into your resort stay). I am guessing the cost of the service became an issue as the company made cuts to try and conserve cash. With demand back to pre-pandemic levels and capacity increasing I do wonder if Disney will start to rethink this. Mears Connect will be an extra expense for people to take and I don't know too much about it yet but the initial reports sound like they will go to the resorts in the Walt Disney World area. Expect details to emerge as we head into the fall.

With Brightline I'm hearing a station somewhere near Disney Springs but I just don't know how they will really operate with all the luggage. Does Disney Transport pick you up from the brightline station or will there be some other transportation means available. A lot is to be determined at this time.
- Len90