Disney Transport Bus Roster

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disney Transport Bus Roster

Post by horizons1 » May Thu 20, 2021 9:32 am

For Mears, I am sure you are right, it's all about the $$$. I usually rent too, but now that Disney charges parking at the resorts that can double the cost of a car. Made some sense charging for parking if you thought of it in terms of a "penalty" for not taking DME, but with that service discontinued, it now feels like gouging,

Latest thinking is Brightline will either stop between Typhoon lagoon & the Team Disney building or adjacent to the Orange garage. Too early to say. But as far as luggage transfer goes, there are services that can handle this. I imagine a concept where you have remote hotel check-in and a bag drop, akin to what airlines do today. The bags would then be delivered to your room.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Transport Bus Roster

Post by Len90 » May Thu 20, 2021 7:37 pm

You might be right on the brightline luggage aspect and the reports I have been reading are the same as what you are saying. Somewhere on that I-4 perimeter of the Springs is where I anticipate the station to be. The bus stop for all of Disney Transport isn't too far away from that. Now does this call for an expansion of the Disney Transport services at the springs? I know they built that bus station to handle an increased future capacity than what they were using in the pre pandemic era.

Lastly, look for minnie vans to return. Those might be Disney's key for combating against Mears Connect. A bunch of the vehicles are parked in the EPCOT parking lot (just to the left as you are driving into the "Imagine" parking lot. (lines up with the show building for the new guardians coaster). Fleet that was there were mostly Chevy Suburbans with a couple of the ford transit vans for wheelchair capability. I did not see any of the Chevy Traverse vehicles parked. Likely were 30+ vehicles there. Also the Minnie Vans have reportedly shown up again on the Lyft app.... so let the rumors begin!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"