Old EPCOT Center commercial.

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

greendoor678
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Old EPCOT Center commercial.

Post by greendoor678 » Jun Wed 16, 2010 3:26 pm

I agree, an adult diaper would be a requirement for myself. I can only imagine the insurance paperwork required for the task!

SoarinSoarin
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by SoarinSoarin » Jun Wed 16, 2010 4:11 pm

I remembered reading somewhere about how Mickey was held atop Spaceship Earth. It was a pole that came out of the top of SE, which had a full body harness attached to it, so Mickey couldn't move anything but his arms. Very secure, but very gutsy. Imagine how the crew working on the 2000 Wand felt during construction!

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » Jun Wed 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Mousekedude wrote:I agree with Amy! I would so pay for a chance to do that... as long as they let me bring my camera and wear a "Depends." :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Think of all the waivers you'd have to sign!
The undersigned agrees that the Disney Cast Members were just minding their own business when he/she came barging into Guest Relations waving a loaded pistol and demanded to pay for the privilege of going up on top of Spaceship Earth for the sole purpose of suffering serious injury or death etc., etc.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Thu 17, 2010 1:02 am

I would definitely love to go up there. Must be an amazing view. I would go in a heartbeat if they let me go with my camera, wearing a harness, and somebody to lie and tell me I'll be fine.

Amy: Thanks for posting that link.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jun Thu 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Amy wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:I agree with Amy! I would so pay for a chance to do that... as long as they let me bring my camera and wear a "Depends." :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You would probably be alright with just the camera. It's not like there are any bodies of water (or boats) so close as to encourage mousketinkling ;)
Well, one can certainly see plenty of water from up there! Yup... gonna need my Mousekediaper.... :shock: :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Thu 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Len90 wrote:I would definitely love to go up there. Must be an amazing view. I would go in a heartbeat if they let me go with my camera, wearing a harness, and somebody to lie and tell me I'll be fine.

Len, you'll be fine. It's safe. It's practically harmless. Would I lie to you? :twisted: :wink:

greendoor678

Post by greendoor678 » Jun Thu 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Mousekediapers are available in the park restrooms for a few bucks a pop. As an added bonus I think you get some wipees too! You're all set !

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Thu 17, 2010 11:03 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:I would definitely love to go up there. Must be an amazing view. I would go in a heartbeat if they let me go with my camera, wearing a harness, and somebody to lie and tell me I'll be fine.

Len, you'll be fine. It's safe. It's practically harmless. Would I lie to you? :twisted: :wink:
Alright, I'm good to go now. Where do I sign up? At guest relations? Or do I have to have my resort set up an appointment for me to go to the top of SSE?
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 18, 2010 6:16 am

Len90 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Alright, I'm good to go now. Where do I sign up? At guest relations? Or do I have to have my resort set up an appointment for me to go to the top of SSE?
Hey Len, make sure to include this photo in your Photo Pass so we can all see it! And no costumes either, we want to see your adorable face :wave: up there ;)

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jun Fri 18, 2010 9:35 am

Oh yes I remember this! Thanks for the cool find!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Fri 18, 2010 11:10 am

Len90 wrote:Alright, I'm good to go now. Where do I sign up? At guest relations? Or do I have to have my resort set up an appointment for me to go to the top of SSE?
I think in order to save some time, when you're signing the insurance waiver they take the precaution to have you fill out all the paperwork for your funeral arrangements at the same time. Luckily, the Haunted Mansion has some occupancy ("We have 999 Happy Haunts here; but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?").

Mamabaminjamin
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Mamabaminjamin » Jun Fri 18, 2010 12:12 pm

I would sign up. We were discussing this morning that we would like to climb up SSE. the spaces between the plates are big enough to "crack" climb all the way to the top. Anyone want to join me??

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sat 19, 2010 12:40 am

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:Alright, I'm good to go now. Where do I sign up? At guest relations? Or do I have to have my resort set up an appointment for me to go to the top of SSE?
I think in order to save some time, when you're signing the insurance waiver they take the precaution to have you fill out all the paperwork for your funeral arrangements at the same time. Luckily, the Haunted Mansion has some occupancy ("We have 999 Happy Haunts here; but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?").
I have already volunteered and inquired about joining the 999 happy haunts in the HM last year. Apparently I need an authentic death certificate signed by a certified mortician. So, I'll make sure to have one of those on hand during the climb, just in case :goofy_bounce:

As for this commercial, I would really love to see WDW film something similar once again. It would definitely look amazing in HD!
- Len90

wdwgirly
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by wdwgirly » Jun Tue 22, 2010 7:45 am

I was having the worst morning, and then I saw this and instantly felt better. thank you!!!