Going to WDW in October, Suggestions?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Re: Going to WDW in October, Suggestions?

Post by Chernabog » Jun Mon 28, 2010 3:46 pm

wdwgirly wrote:My best suggestion for October would be to not expect it to be less crowded. It seems that over the years it has become more and more crowded in October. I think the days of the "off season" are over. We went year before last, and then the year before that and compared to the early 2000's it was significantly more crowded than in the past. Was it as bad as Christmas week or Easter, no of course not, but it was comparable to summer.

Hope you have a great trip :)
I agree with you, it has gotten much more crowded. And thanks!

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jun Mon 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Chernabog wrote:
greendoor678 wrote:How exciting! We are also going in Oct.

What dates will you be there? Do you want to stay on property or off? How many kids are going and what are their ages? It may help us come up with some good ideas for you.
10-11 to 10-19. Open to either but would prefer on property, unless the off property deal was trememndous & very close to the park. Two kids, boy & girl, ages 7 & 4 (well, she will have just turned 5).
My friend and I went down last October and we got some deal from like Expedia I think that ended up being like $80 each (~160 total) for the entire week and it was a hotel room and car rental. The room wasn't great but it was comprable to the room I stayed in at AllStar Sports years ago and it was like 5 minutes from WDW property. They had some crappy but good enough (i.e. generic corn flakes, tang, toast) breakfast included too. So it may be worth it to check those types of sites if you are tight on money and aren't looking for any frills :wink:

nicklesm17
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by nicklesm17 » Jul Wed 07, 2010 8:05 pm

ok, the free dining offer has been announced clear through to december of this year. check out the details and upgrades on mousesavers.com or just grab the codes from wdwinfo.com . as i mentioned in an earlier post, even if you already have your october reservations made, you can still incorporate this offer.

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Jul Fri 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Mr.ToadWildRider wrote:
Chernabog wrote:
greendoor678 wrote:How exciting! We are also going in Oct.

What dates will you be there? Do you want to stay on property or off? How many kids are going and what are their ages? It may help us come up with some good ideas for you.
10-11 to 10-19. Open to either but would prefer on property, unless the off property deal was trememndous & very close to the park. Two kids, boy & girl, ages 7 & 4 (well, she will have just turned 5).
My friend and I went down last October and we got some deal from like Expedia I think that ended up being like $80 each (~160 total) for the entire week and it was a hotel room and car rental. The room wasn't great but it was comprable to the room I stayed in at AllStar Sports years ago and it was like 5 minutes from WDW property. They had some crappy but good enough (i.e. generic corn flakes, tang, toast) breakfast included too. So it may be worth it to check those types of sites if you are tight on money and aren't looking for any frills :wink:
Thanks for the suggestion!

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Jul Fri 09, 2010 3:48 pm

nicklesm17 wrote:ok, the free dining offer has been announced clear through to december of this year. check out the details and upgrades on mousesavers.com or just grab the codes from wdwinfo.com . as i mentioned in an earlier post, even if you already have your october reservations made, you can still incorporate this offer.
I believe they are offering it for every week but the friggin' week we are going!!!! Not happy about that!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 09, 2010 11:48 pm

Chernabog wrote:
nicklesm17 wrote:ok, the free dining offer has been announced clear through to december of this year. check out the details and upgrades on mousesavers.com or just grab the codes from wdwinfo.com . as i mentioned in an earlier post, even if you already have your october reservations made, you can still incorporate this offer.
I believe they are offering it for every week but the friggin' week we are going!!!! Not happy about that!!
Keep looking, maybe they will add your week in...we have considered it but probably won't go with that offer since it ties us into being a certain place at a certain time...ugh, not on vacation please! Plus we are well within the 180 day booking time-frame so what would be left for reservations?!

Mamabaminjamin

Post by Mamabaminjamin » Jul Sat 10, 2010 10:51 am

Have you book a hotel?? We have a Time Share we are not going to be using. You can use it to trade close to property. I have to look but I know we found several places within walking distance to downtown Disney so you could use the busses. Most of the others have bus service. You may also be able to trade into bonnet creek. I would have to look for your exact date is you are interested.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Mamabaminjamin wrote:Have you book a hotel?? We have a Time Share we are not going to be using. You can use it to trade close to property. I have to look but I know we found several places within walking distance to downtown Disney so you could use the busses. Most of the others have bus service. You may also be able to trade into bonnet creek. I would have to look for your exact date is you are interested.
That is a nice offer! But my Mom isn't able to walk very far at the moment and I'm afraid staying on property will the best way to get closest to on-site transportation...I might check back with you though...what sort of price range would it be for early December? Any idea?

nicklesm17

Post by nicklesm17 » Jul Sat 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Chernabog wrote:
i'm not a 100% sure on this, but i think that if you start your trip prior to the non-deal or black out days, they will still give you the deal. is it possible for you to come a little earlier, and maybe stay a little longer? just for the heck of it, go to http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.c ... eOfferTile and try testing a few sample adjustable dates to see if it would work. i think it would certainly be worth coming two days earlier if you ultimately saved up to (or over) a grand, depending on what dining deal you get free... don't you?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 10, 2010 8:09 pm

nicklesm17 wrote:
Chernabog wrote:
i'm not a 100% sure on this, but i think that if you start your trip prior to the non-deal or black out days, they will still give you the deal. is it possible for you to come a little earlier, and maybe stay a little longer? just for the heck of it, go to http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.c ... eOfferTile and try testing a few sample adjustable dates to see if it would work. i think it would certainly be worth coming two days earlier if you ultimately saved up to (or over) a grand, depending on what dining deal you get free... don't you?
nicklesm17 makes a good point, if you have the extra time, how much of a sacrifice is it to have to spend a few extra nights to save that extra money ;)

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Jul Mon 12, 2010 8:14 am

Amy wrote:
Mamabaminjamin wrote:Have you book a hotel?? We have a Time Share we are not going to be using. You can use it to trade close to property. I have to look but I know we found several places within walking distance to downtown Disney so you could use the busses. Most of the others have bus service. You may also be able to trade into bonnet creek. I would have to look for your exact date is you are interested.
That is a nice offer! But my Mom isn't able to walk very far at the moment and I'm afraid staying on property will the best way to get closest to on-site transportation...I might check back with you though...what sort of price range would it be for early December? Any idea?
Amy, when are you going?

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Jul Mon 12, 2010 1:59 pm

We're going in October too. I haven't decided if it will be the Monday-Friday before Halloween or the week prior to that.

We are waiting for AP rates, so unfortunately the free dining deal doesn't help us out too much. Good thing we already made our dining reservations though. They can be harder to get during free dining.

We'll be at the Halloween Party also! I went last year w/ friends and LOVED it so this year I'm bringing my husband & mom too. Still working on costume ideas though....

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Chernabog wrote:Amy, when are you going?
We are trying to get down there at a time that would include the Mayhem Marauder's meet-up on 12/4. Nothing in concrete yet...When are you and your lovely MmeLeota going? Or is this the other Chernabog?! :mickey:

Mamabaminjamin

Post by Mamabaminjamin » Jul Tue 13, 2010 11:42 am

Amy wrote:
If we can find something avaiable for you I'm think $300 total. We can trade for a 1 bed. I think the fees for trading are around $200. If they are cheaper I would be willing to go down to $250.00

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » Jul Mon 26, 2010 9:25 am

disneylizzy wrote:We're going in October too. I haven't decided if it will be the Monday-Friday before Halloween or the week prior to that.

We are waiting for AP rates, so unfortunately the free dining deal doesn't help us out too much. Good thing we already made our dining reservations though. They can be harder to get during free dining.

We'll be at the Halloween Party also! I went last year w/ friends and LOVED it so this year I'm bringing my husband & mom too. Still working on costume ideas though....
The Halloween Party is great!! (I am biased toward Halloween though!) This will be my third time.

And no, this is the other, (original) SubSonic Chernabog. But I understand the confusion.