Photo of couple 30 years before they even met!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Photo of couple 30 years before they even met!

Post by MetalRage » Jun Wed 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Not sure where to put this but.....A lady was looking through photos of herself as a kid at Disney World from 30 years ago when her husband noticed himself as a kid in the background in a stroller with his dad pushing him. Watch the video!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/greensboro- ... y-20221661
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Photo of couple 30 years before they even met!

Post by horizons1 » Jun Wed 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Do you wonder if this has happened before but people haven't discovered it? I mean, there are so many pics and home movies. Especially in Disneyland with such a high local percentage.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Wed 09, 2010 6:52 pm

horizons1 wrote:Do you wonder if this has happened before but people haven't discovered it? I mean, there are so many pics and home movies. Especially in Disneyland with such a high local percentage.
You are correct. I do think that it had to be only a matter of time before something like this ever happened before. I would think that people meeting in Disney is more of a frequent occurrence though. Really cool story.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 09, 2010 6:58 pm

That is pretty cool! I think I will have to look at my old WDW photos to see if my future husband is lurking in the background. I haven't found him yet so this way I would know what he looks like :lol:

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Wed 09, 2010 7:49 pm

It kind of makes me wonder if any of you have pictures of me when I was younger in the 80's or 90's... :roll:

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Jun Wed 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Now I'm wondering if I'm in anybody's pictures. That would be cool :goofy_bounce:
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 09, 2010 9:25 pm

MetalRage wrote:Now I'm wondering if I'm in anybody's pictures. That would be cool :goofy_bounce:
One of my most favorite pictures is one I took in Animal Kingdom's Rafiki's Planet Watch. I was taking a picture of the wall mural that features several animals. At the same time I was taking the photo an older lady stepped in front of me and looked at me just in time to give me a "deer in the headlights" look. I was a little annoyed, snapped another photo after she moved on and thought no more about it....until I developed my photos...yes kiddies, this was before the digital revolution...I actually took a photo of me in the same place on the next trip, pointing like I was looking at her (yes I am a nerd that way) and put them into a panoramic frame. I am so grateful I didn't have digital then since it would have been a shot I deleted, and it is one of my treasured photos...I'll have to scan it and put it up sometime soon...
I have wondered more than once over the years who this lady was and whether there would be some way to show her what joy she had given me over a simple misstep into my picture!

ajg1993
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by ajg1993 » Jun Wed 09, 2010 11:49 pm

It's always funny who you bump into at Disney. On each of my last three trips to the parks (over about 5 years or so), I have run into a different classmate from my school of less than 500 people. And it's always in the same area, too; beside the Walt statue, near the bridge that links Cinderella Castle and Liberty Square.

I guess it shouldn't be too surprising, considering how Disney is one of the most popular vacation spots in the world, but it's always a bit eerie how we always pick each other out of that huge crowd.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Thu 10, 2010 6:55 am

Amy wrote:
MetalRage wrote:Now I'm wondering if I'm in anybody's pictures. That would be cool :goofy_bounce:
One of my most favorite pictures is one I took in Animal Kingdom's Rafiki's Planet Watch. I was taking a picture of the wall mural that features several animals. At the same time I was taking the photo an older lady stepped in front of me and looked at me just in time to give me a "deer in the headlights" look. I was a little annoyed, snapped another photo after she moved on and thought no more about it....until I developed my photos...yes kiddies, this was before the digital revolution...I actually took a photo of me in the same place on the next trip, pointing like I was looking at her (yes I am a nerd that way) and put them into a panoramic frame. I am so grateful I didn't have digital then since it would have been a shot I deleted, and it is one of my treasured photos...I'll have to scan it and put it up sometime soon...
I have wondered more than once over the years who this lady was and whether there would be some way to show her what joy she had given me over a simple misstep into my picture!
WOW... What a coincidence! My mom remembers a nerdy girl snapping a picture of her @ Rafiki's Planet Watch many years ago! She felt so bad about stepping in front of her. Now I can apologize for her. Maybe we should go on the Today show! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 10, 2010 7:47 am

NaCler wrote:
Amy wrote:
WOW... What a coincidence! My mom remembers a nerdy girl snapping a picture of her @ Rafiki's Planet Watch many years ago! She felt so bad about stepping in front of her. Now I can apologize for her. Maybe we should go on the Today show! :lol:
You are messing with me...right?!? :?

greendoor678
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by greendoor678 » Jun Thu 10, 2010 12:22 pm

That was a great story! ! ! ! Didn't this also happen in a movie, the kids were in a museum.... I can't remember.
I bet this happens more than most people realize! So cool!

jeremyleo
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by jeremyleo » Jun Thu 10, 2010 12:31 pm

I think this is pretty cool. Not many coincidences that have this kind of story.

Kind of makes me want to jump into other people's pictures now - just in case...
Can't get back to WDW soon enought, but alas, no immediate plans...

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Thu 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Amy wrote:You are messing with me...right?!? :?
:D

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Jun Thu 10, 2010 2:49 pm

And you thought "Where Magic Lives" was just a slogan!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Thu 10, 2010 8:38 pm

That is an amazing story!!!