Haunted Mansion

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Haunted Mansion

Post by mindflipper » Jul Fri 22, 2011 8:29 am

Every time I see that dog in the HM I want to call the ASPCA in on Disney - FEED THAT DOG!!!

flyer32
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by flyer32 » Jul Tue 26, 2011 11:06 am

While not really a "room" I really like the singing heads....but the bride is pretty cool too.

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by leblanan » Jul Wed 27, 2011 8:33 am

I love the hallway with the hitchhiking ghosts. we have a standing bet to pick which ghost we will get. Although I have yet to see the updated version.
"now, bring me that horizon"

jacobcary1

Post by jacobcary1 » Jul Wed 27, 2011 1:39 pm

One of my favorite parts of the HM is the castmembers that work in there. They play their roles quite well.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 27, 2011 4:07 pm

jacobcary1 wrote:One of my favorite parts of the HM is the castmembers that work in there. They play their roles quite well.
They really do a great job. That is one attraction I could never work because I am smiling almost all the time. I would get fired!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 27, 2011 10:46 pm

I think you could smile, as long as it was a sufficiently creepy, grim grin...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 28, 2011 6:21 am

mindflipper wrote:I think you could smile, as long as it was a sufficiently creepy, grim grin...
If I attempted a grim grin (good one!) I would probably burst out laughing and I would expect that would also get me the axe....in the head :shock: :hm_ghost:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Thu 28, 2011 8:40 am

No, you wouldn't get an axe in the head, Amy. That wouldn't happen. Constance likes beheadings, so you would actually get it in the throat...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 28, 2011 12:02 pm

mindflipper wrote:No, you wouldn't get an axe in the head, Amy. That wouldn't happen. Constance likes beheadings, so you would actually get it in the throat...
Oh :shock: I was thinking of the portrait in the stretching gallery...

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Thu 28, 2011 12:14 pm

There are some that say the old woman holding the flower is also Constance, as one of her husbands shares the same name as the bust in the portrait...

darlinealexandra
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by darlinealexandra » Jul Fri 29, 2011 11:08 am

mindflipper wrote:Every time I see that dog in the HM I want to call the ASPCA in on Disney - FEED THAT DOG!!!
OMG! I thought I was the only one who thought that lol....... Everytime I see that dog I think ( poor dog he's scared and needs food!) I worry more about the dog then the actual ride. lol

:hm_ghost:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Fri 29, 2011 12:32 pm

For those avid Haunted Mansion fans that plenty of money lying to around to spend on Disney Mercandising, we've got the following for you:

Room for 1 More
Friday, September 30, 2011
9:00am - 9:00pm
Disney's Contemporary Resort

Materialize, Foolish Mortals for an underworld party of the Haunted Mansion at Disney's Contemporary Resort, where the disembodied are dying to take you on a Fright of Fantasy. Our Ghost Host will ensure that the residents of the Mansion are in high spirits and ready to greet you as they come out to socialize and immortalize during the evening.

From tombstones to headstones, we have left no stone unturned as we invite you to step through the graveyard gates of the Mansion cemetery, recreated with ghoulish delight inside Disney's Contemporary Resort. Here you can dine in a mist enshrouded banquet realm hidden among the crypts. While the organ plays, restless spirits will rise to entertain you during a Mansion's feast where everything is laid to rest by our Ghoulish Gastronomists. The cryptic dreams that haunt you in the night will be exchanged and explained by expert apparitions. Don't fear - there are plenty of other restless spirits just dying to meet you throughout the night!

Have I peeked your curiosity or scared you to death?

Looking for somewhere to retire? Might I suggest our Ghost Gallery in the Library, you will definitely want to keep the supernatural in suspense by bidding on priceless first editions and other creepy keepsakes in a silent but deadly auction.
Shhhhh . . . mustn't wake the dead. Oops too late, they're already here!

Should you care to join us, be sure to bring your death certificate as final arrangements need to be made on your behalf for a spook-tacular event. Don't be left hangin' in regions beyond - this will be a party to die for!

Event Admission is $285.00 per Guest

Check out it at www.disneygallery.com. Registration may be closed by now (I gather tickets selling quick for this even at $285.00). However, you can check the merchandising catalogue to see what will be hitting eBay on October 1st!

jacobcary1

Post by jacobcary1 » Jul Fri 29, 2011 12:59 pm

That looks interesting. They are sold out already anyway.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Fri 29, 2011 1:06 pm

Yeh, I wish I had posted it earlier. Got the e-mail and forgot about it. I really didn't expect with the economy the way it is that this would have been as popular as it turned out to be...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Fri 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Wow! That price is a bit steep but I bet that would be fun!