Epcot's Le Cellier May Become Signature

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

JimB
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Epcot's Le Cellier May Become Signature

Post by JimB » May Sun 16, 2010 12:44 pm

There's a strong rumor that Le Cellier in Canada may be converted to a Signature Restaurant by year's end. If you're on the Dining Plan It might pay to get ADR's there if you like it and are visiting by the end of summer or so. Might not be as economical if you save it for your next trip. You can always change your ADR's if the rumor doesn't pan out.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Epcot's Le Cellier May Become Signature

Post by boilerbabe » May Sun 16, 2010 2:13 pm

I thought Le Cellier was already a Signature restaurant?! What is it considered right now? We keep saying we're going to eat but have never made it here yet.

JimB

Post by JimB » May Sun 16, 2010 5:28 pm

At present it's a Table Service and has been since the Dining Plan originated. It's one of the more expensive Table Service restaurants in the Dining Plan. (Naturally that is a variable depending on your selection)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sun 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Ok, I was hoping this would become apparent as this topic went on so I wouldn't have to ask, but so far it hasn't sooooo....what is a Signature Restaurant and how does it affect ADR's?
I'll assume it is more expensive but what else might it entail?

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Akyriel » May Sun 16, 2010 6:21 pm

I would assume that a "Signature" restaurant would be a "branded" restaurant... like Wolfgang Puck at DTD is... signature is just a nice way to say either a chain or at least celebrity or known brand name restaurant or a restaurant that some celebrity or famous chef has lent their name to...

Disney uses "signature" voices for their shows... like Dame Julie Andrews for the fireworks show or Amy Grant *shudder* for the new World of Color show at DLR.
Last edited by Akyriel on May Mon 17, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JimB

Post by JimB » May Mon 17, 2010 6:52 am

Amy wrote:Ok, I was hoping this would become apparent as this topic went on so I wouldn't have to ask, but so far it hasn't sooooo....what is a Signature Restaurant and how does it affect ADR's?
A WDW Signature restaurant charges two Dining Plan Table Service credits for a meal instead of one. If you are on the 1 Table 1 Counter & 1 snack per day Dining Plan, that would take two days worth of Table Service credits to eat there. Since they don't allow combining 2 Counter Service credits to get 1 Table Service credit that would probably result in fewer reservations from people on the Dining Plan. Besides, it's always been a very popular choice since it's pretty easy to have a $50 plus per person dinner there. Hope this helps....

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » May Mon 17, 2010 8:13 am

Changing it to a signature restaurant would definitely thin out the dining plan participants. I can understand a resort having a signature restaurant, but a park just seems a bit much to me. The steak is amazing, but you can get a steak at Coral Reef as well...for only one TS credit. You'll still have plenty of folks going there, but I think those on the dining plan will stay away or just pay out of pocket instead of spending 2 TS credits.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 17, 2010 7:33 pm

JimB wrote:
Amy wrote:Ok, I was hoping this would become apparent as this topic went on so I wouldn't have to ask, but so far it hasn't sooooo....what is a Signature Restaurant and how does it affect ADR's?
A WDW Signature restaurant charges two Dining Plan Table Service credits for a meal instead of one. If you are on the 1 Table 1 Counter & 1 snack per day Dining Plan, that would take two days worth of Table Service credits to eat there. Since they don't allow combining 2 Counter Service credits to get 1 Table Service credit that would probably result in fewer reservations from people on the Dining Plan. Besides, it's always been a very popular choice since it's pretty easy to have a $50 plus per person dinner there. Hope this helps....
That was very helpful ~ thanks!

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » May Mon 17, 2010 7:59 pm

I would not mind seeing Le Cellier becoming a Signature restaurant but they would have modify the menu to be more in line with other Signature restaurants such as Jiko, California Grill, Flying Fish Cafe etc. We love eating there, the steaks are amazing. Because Le Cellier is such a popular restaurant and we always feel rushed in/out, I am not sure I would enjoy paying Signature prices and having my lunch or dinner rushed.

Mouseoholic!

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » May Mon 17, 2010 10:20 pm

Hmm. Signature for LeCellier??? My guess is because it's always sold out, but I bet Canada likes it that way. It's hard to imagine them changing to a signature.

Guess I'll believe it when I see it.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Mon 17, 2010 11:47 pm

It might be a good move for them to go signature. It is always sold out and they might be able to increase revenue by thining out some DDP guests and replacing those ADR's with people not on the DDP.

The food is amazing and I am honestly shocked that it was not made a signature restaurant years ago. They have the food quality and the price is up there with all the other signature restaurants. If this is to take place, I think that Le Cellier might not be alone in this. I could also see O'hana going that way too.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » May Tue 18, 2010 11:13 am

DH and I better get here before it becomes Signature!!! We need to find out what all the hub bub is about! That cheese soup everyone keeps talking about sounds delicious!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Tue 18, 2010 11:41 am

boilerbabe wrote:DH and I better get here before it becomes Signature!!! We need to find out what all the hub bub is about! That cheese soup everyone keeps talking about sounds delicious!
The boilers have never eaten at Le Cellier??? You are really missing out on a lot and I HIGHLY advise you eat there for a dinner.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » May Tue 18, 2010 11:40 pm

Len90 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:DH and I better get here before it becomes Signature!!! We need to find out what all the hub bub is about! That cheese soup everyone keeps talking about sounds delicious!
The boilers have never eaten at Le Cellier??? You are really missing out on a lot and I HIGHLY advise you eat there for a dinner.
We will take your advice on our next trip Len! Le Cellier for dinner it is!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Wed 19, 2010 12:11 am

boilerbabe wrote:
Len90 wrote:
We will take your advice on our next trip Len! Le Cellier for dinner it is!
Now that is what I wanted to hear :D Make sure you book it 6 months in advance. It fills up REALLY fast.
- Len90