What is the Best WDW Resort?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

DDEH699
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DDEH699 » Apr Wed 14, 2010 10:04 am

I did go once to the Yacht Club and eat at the steakhouse, It was super but the prices were a little high!! I have not been to the beach club yet.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Wed 14, 2010 8:09 pm

DDEH699 wrote:I did go once to the Yacht Club and eat at the steakhouse, It was super but the prices were a little high!! I have not been to the beach club yet.
DH and I LOVE the Poly, it's our most fav. resort but on our last visit we stayed at the YC and we really did love it! The Beach Club is nice too but a little noisy for us. You really can't beat the location and the pool there blows all others away!!! :D

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Wed 14, 2010 9:57 pm

Enchantment wrote:We have only stayed at value resorts and I am looking forward to my trip in 2011 when we are able to 'move on up'. I'd like to skip the moderate and go directly to Beach or Yacht Clubs.
Enchantment, much as I love the Beach Club, I also love POFQ. It's so small, just like a deluxe, but at 1/3 the price. I also love the boat to DTD.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Thu 15, 2010 11:48 am

momeja wrote:
Enchantment wrote:We have only stayed at value resorts and I am looking forward to my trip in 2011 when we are able to 'move on up'. I'd like to skip the moderate and go directly to Beach or Yacht Clubs.
Enchantment, much as I love the Beach Club, I also love POFQ. It's so small, just like a deluxe, but at 1/3 the price. I also love the boat to DTD.
Once you've stayed Deluxe, it's hard to go back. Or at least that's what we've found with ourselves. That's why we always look for deals! 8-)

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Apr Fri 16, 2010 1:22 am

We're fine going back to Moderate after Deluxe, but we can't go back to the Values now. :lol: That's all my family would stay at growing up and I don't want to go back. My husband and I need a hot tub. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Pluto23
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Pluto23 » Apr Fri 16, 2010 5:58 am

momeja wrote:
I'm with you momeja. POFQ is just right. Nice bar, good food court with a good selection, great area to stroll around, excellent pool, water taxi, and just the right size to walk to the food court, check in, and bus stop.

keneka
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by keneka » Apr Sun 18, 2010 5:45 am

Port Orleans riverside and french quarter cos it's like three resorts in one, you have three themed areas: french quarter is themed like new orleans, riverside is like the antebellum homes of the south (think gone with the winds) with another section themed like a bayou with rustic charm, they have horse carriage rides at night around the resort, both have good food courts and night entertainment, great swimming pools and slides, boat transportation to downtown (which is close by), moderate priced so not too expensive, riverside has a better shop and sit down restaurant (boatwrights), there is lots of nature around too, we have seen otters and armadillos on different years. Riverside is my favorite of the two especially magnolia bend area :D

DDEH699
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DDEH699 » Apr Wed 21, 2010 9:52 am

It seems that the Port Orleans has taken a big leap in the question of being the fav. along with the Poly.......

I have stayed at the French Quarter and I just found that it was nice but I dont think that if i was going to stay in a Moderate resort again I wouldnt stay there. I would have to pick the Carrb.. I have not stayed at the Coranado yet but between the Carrb. and the French. I pick tropical Island feel.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Apr Wed 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Stayed at PO about 16 years ago (back then it was just Port Orleans. Riverside was known as Dixie Landings ...but I digress) for spring break with a bunch of friends. My buddy and I set it up and picked PO b/c the price was decent. We couldn't believe it was a moderate resort! We thought it was a mistake. The place is fantastic.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Wed 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Man... now you guys are just getting me fired up for my trip! Port Orleans here I come...

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Apr Wed 21, 2010 1:56 pm

NaCler wrote:Man... now you guys are just getting me fired up for my trip! Port Orleans here I come...
I think you'l like it. It's a bit loud as far as some of the colors and decor, but then again, it's supposed to feel like New Orleans.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Wed 21, 2010 4:25 pm

DDEH699 wrote:It seems that the Port Orleans has taken a big leap in the question of being the fav. along with the Poly.......

I have stayed at the French Quarter and I just found that it was nice but I dont think that if i was going to stay in a Moderate resort again I wouldnt stay there. I would have to pick the Carrb.. I have not stayed at the Coranado yet but between the Carrb. and the French. I pick tropical Island feel.
Well it is all what people have stayed at and have been able to formulate opinions on. I know my personal best is the Yacht Club. I have been able to compare it to Wilderness Lodge, Beach, Boardwalk, and Contemporary.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

kellybus
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by kellybus » Apr Mon 26, 2010 9:34 pm

Any resort just as long as it's at Disney World!!!!!!!!!!
[img]http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff346/MOD42/OKW2RL.jpg[/img]

invader07
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by invader07 » Apr Tue 27, 2010 12:24 pm

My absolute favorite resort is the Grand Floridian, followed by the Contemporary, Coronado Springs and then the Saratoga Springs. My least favorite is the Caribbean Beach Resort.

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Akyriel » Apr Tue 27, 2010 12:26 pm

I've only stayed at GF and Poly... but I think I might like WL too except I like being on the Monorail line... although taking the boat from WL to MK might be a fun trip one of these days...