All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: What is the Best WDW Resort?

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Tue 01, 2010 2:58 pm

boilerbabe wrote:
adelyser wrote:Are there any area's at Disney either at the parks or resorts,that are adult only,like the cruises?

Not to my knowledge. But, you do have resorts where there are more adults rather than children. i.e. The Yacht Club is a more quiet resort and seemed more adult like to us. I've been told that alot of families will stay at the Value Resorts.
Don't get me wrong, I love children, but we're kind of looking at the moderate hotels for this reason...
It's going to be crazy enough in the parks, we'd really like to retire in the evenings at a place where we're not having to step over kids everywhere we turn....we might look into the YC too since we know we really like the whole Boardwalk area (and it's close to EPCOT!)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Tue 01, 2010 10:57 pm

:oops: Duh...the question was any kid free "areas", I don't know why I thought of resorts?! I'm silly!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Sat 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Of course, any bar that sells alcohol...er ambience could be considered a "kid-free"zone... ;)

adelyser
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by adelyser » Jun Wed 09, 2010 10:44 am

I want to go to the cigar shop in downtown but we live in ny and would the cigars be nasty when we brought them home?

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Wed 09, 2010 11:11 am

adelyser wrote:I want to go to the cigar shop in downtown but we live in ny and would the cigars be nasty when we brought them home?
Not if you bought a nice Mickey shaped humidor to transport them in! :D

To stay on topic... My favorite value resort is Pop Century; favorite moderate resort is Port Orleans Riverside (although I love the hammocks at Carib Beach); favorite deluxe is Grand Floridian (although I have only stayed at GF/Contemporary/AK Lodge); I've never stayed at a DVC, although we toured Saratoga Springs and that was pretty nice.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Jun Sat 12, 2010 7:18 pm

boilerbabe wrote:We had wanted something with the YC on it, but that wasn't possible. The CM didn't really seem to know why or didn't seem to care much either.
I've heard similar things about POFQ - someone was looking for the resort pin with the name on it and all they had was POR.
mmeleota wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love children, but we're kind of looking at the moderate hotels for this reason...
It's going to be crazy enough in the parks, we'd really like to retire in the evenings at a place where we're not having to step over kids everywhere we turn....we might look into the YC too since we know we really like the whole Boardwalk area (and it's close to EPCOT!)
Same for us - we won't stay at a value because we want it to be a little more "adult" and at the values there's a lot more kids. We love children too, but the bus crowds and the teens that tend to be in the pools late at night (when we want it to ourselves ;) ) make it worth every penny to stay at the nicer resorts. Not to mention the hot tubs! Coronado Springs is a great moderate for adults.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

adelyser
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by adelyser » Jun Tue 22, 2010 8:49 am

Well i feel that the values are geared more towards families with kids and when we go, its not that we expect to see no kids but we just was to relax and sometimes wehn you add kids to a large pool along with sugar and fun its not always relaxing.

We just want a nice resort that we can go back to for relaxing after the parks?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Tue 22, 2010 10:16 am

adelyser wrote:Well i feel that the values are geared more towards families with kids and when we go, its not that we expect to see no kids but we just was to relax and sometimes wehn you add kids to a large pool along with sugar and fun its not always relaxing.

We just want a nice resort that we can go back to for relaxing after the parks?
You might have better luck for a relaxing time at the pool if you stay at a moderate or deluxe resort. The moderates always have several pools and deluxe resorts like the Poly have a "quiet" pool. I remember the Boardwalk having one of these too. But, I realize sometimes deluxe resorts are not in the budget.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jun Tue 22, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm waaaaaaay behind on these threads, but when I saw this, I just had to comment:
Amy wrote: Do they have bathrooms in them, or do you have to venture out of your treehouse to a central bathroom area? That would be a big con for me! Otherwise, staying in a treehouse = awesome!
You get to mouseketinkle off the balcony!! :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :mickey2: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding!!! (but y'all just knew I was going to say that, didn'cha? Y'all were probably wondering where I've been on this.... :mrgreen: )

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Tue 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Yuck... I'm never taking the boat from Riverside to DTD ever again! haha... :lol:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Tue 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Mousekedude wrote:I'm waaaaaaay behind on these threads, but when I saw this, I just had to comment:
Amy wrote: Do they have bathrooms in them, or do you have to venture out of your treehouse to a central bathroom area? That would be a big con for me! Otherwise, staying in a treehouse = awesome!
You get to mouseketinkle off the balcony!! :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :mickey2: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding!!! (but y'all just knew I was going to say that, didn'cha? Y'all were probably wondering where I've been on this.... :mrgreen: )
JUST DON'T MOUSEKEDOODLE!!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

DDEH699
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DDEH699 » Jul Tue 06, 2010 12:18 pm

What is the difference between the regular room and the perfered room at caribbean resort?

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jul Tue 06, 2010 12:19 pm

DDEH699 wrote:What is the difference between the regular room and the perfered room at caribbean resort?
It is a room that is closer to the lobby or one of the bus stops. I believe that is all that is different.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Thu 08, 2010 10:25 pm

They also have Pirate room at the Caribbean too!!! 8-)

DDEH699
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DDEH699 » Jul Sat 10, 2010 9:55 am

But with the pirate room can you still get a king bed or does it have to be two?