Anyone been to Sanaa?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Anyone been to Sanaa?

Post by cousininmiami » Mar Fri 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Has anyone been to the restaurant at the Animal Kingdom Villas, Sanaa? We are taking a trip up to WDW at the end of April and made a reservation for lunch there. I just wanted to know if anyone has been there and what it was like? We are also going to Chefs de France (my favorite) and the Liberty Tree Tavern. A quick three day trip, I can't wait!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Fri 19, 2010 8:17 pm

I haven't been there yet myself, but I've heard nothing but good about it. Everyone seems to love it! In case you haven't seen it yet, you can find the menu here: http://allears.net/menu/menu_sanaal.htm
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Mar Fri 19, 2010 8:26 pm

I've heard mixed reviews about it. I've been there once for dinner, and enjoyed it very much. I recommend the bread service and samosas as appetizers. The curry shrimp was also very good. The short ribs, I thought were a little bland though.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Fri 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Send a PM to Mousekedude. I know he and Mouseoholic went there on their last trip. In fact, you can check out their trip report.

Pluto23
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Pluto23 » Mar Sat 20, 2010 6:48 am

I also highly suggest a trip to allears.net. Check out the menu. I have heard very good reviews, but the choice of items will be very important to a choosy pallete.

missynole
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by missynole » Mar Sun 21, 2010 8:57 am

I've never been but I've heard it's a repetitive menu. Sounds like nice meal choices, though!

withspirit
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by withspirit » Mar Mon 22, 2010 7:30 am

We tried Sanaa on our January '10 trip. I was completely impressed! The service was great, they welcome questions regarding the menu, and made some recommendations that turned out to be our new favorites. I like a taste of "ethnic/exotic" foods when I go to Disney, and am a fan of Boma and Jiko. If you like those - you will love Sanaa.
No really, see? It's a screwdriver and it's... sonic
The Doctor

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Apr Mon 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:I've heard mixed reviews about it. I've been there once for dinner, and enjoyed it very much. I recommend the bread service and samosas as appetizers. The curry shrimp was also very good. The short ribs, I thought were a little bland though.
I agree with Lion Sleeps Tonight. The bread service is great. We tried the chicken red curry and shrimp green curry and both were fabulous. I also had as a side the green beans and they were perfect. We ate here twice because the food, service and atmosphere were all up to Walt's standard. A word of warning, we ordered too much food. The bread service as very filling so keep that in mind when ordering. If you want your meal a little spicy they can do this upon request. You do have to ask though.

This restaurant is a little hidden gem and a must do! We mention a little more and show some pictures on our Anniversary thread. If you have time, check it out. You can also find the menu on-line. When I was there in December they had a special where I got 3 chicken and shrimp in curry 3 ways. It was excellent.

Sanaa Menu
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/d ... ant.ID=554
Mouseoholic

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Apr Tue 06, 2010 6:59 am

We loved it, try the bread/ dips sampler for your appetizer. It was outstanding!

Dh, Dd and I all loved our meals here. It was kinda of a pain to get to since we didnt have good directions but we intend to go back to this one!