What do you do first . . . . .

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Pluto23
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

What do you do first . . . . .

Post by Pluto23 » Mar Wed 10, 2010 1:47 pm

when you arrive at Disney?? We normally drive down and arrive late afternoon. Our normal is to visit either DownTown Disney or the Boardwalk, shop around, and have a meal. Just gets us in the Disney mood and ready for an early start in the morning.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Wed 10, 2010 1:58 pm

We do the same thing after the drive. We go right to DTD and relax a little while!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Mar Wed 10, 2010 2:03 pm

I usually go straight for MK so I can see Cinderella's Castle and ride a few rides...then off to bed.

However...this next trip will be my honeymoon and my soon-to-be wife hasn't been to WDW in quite a while. So...we're going to Epcot first when we arrive late afternoon. This will allow us to stroll around the World Showcase and enjoy Illuminations later on...which is far more romantic than anything else...given that we will only have been married for 24 hours at that point.

If I were an AP holder or someone that went several times a year...I would probably go to DTD first. But I can't justify "wasting" a day in the parks if I paid for the ticket.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Mar Wed 10, 2010 2:26 pm

We usually get to the hotel around check-in time and relax at the pool for a little while. Then we go out to DTD for dinner and shopping. It is the relaxing way to get acclimated to what awaits you in the days to come.

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » Mar Thu 11, 2010 12:19 am

We check into our hotel and then head over to the Magic Kingdom. We do it every single time, even having the same discussion about which park to go to first. :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Thu 11, 2010 12:20 am

We usually check in to our resort and get settled in. It's always so hard to wrap our heads around the idea that we are actually home again. On our trip in May of '09 we broke tradition, we were staying at the Poly and we decided to head over to MK first thing. It was a wonderful feeling too, we couldn't believe were there, but we enjoyed it!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Thu 11, 2010 12:46 am

The first thing we usually do is stop at the Hess Express and get some soda and water to stock up our room. It is always fun to figure out how to put more stuff in an already overloaded car :)
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindy0509
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by mindy0509 » Mar Thu 11, 2010 8:00 am

Typically we hang out at the resort, possibly go for a swim and then hit Downtown Disney in the evening. This year may be a little different since we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first part of the stay. Think we may take the boat over to the Magic Kingdom....51 days and counting!!!!

sillyhead912

Post by sillyhead912 » Mar Thu 11, 2010 9:49 am

If we get in earlier enough, we always go to Magic Kingdom. Most of the time we get in at 2:00 am, so it's off to bed for us. We usually wake up super early to get to MK for opening or just after.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Mar Thu 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Ususally I stay at the Boardwalk and we usually get there around noon. So after checking in we walk over to Epcot and do a few things there. Since we get up so early to catch our flight, it's usually an early day/night for us.

kellybus
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by kellybus » Mar Mon 15, 2010 9:16 am

If it's in the morning, straght to MK and have a cinimmon roll at main street bakery, then off to some rides. If I arrive in the afternoon, off to the park that has magic hours.
[img]http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff346/MOD42/OKW2RL.jpg[/img]

SimonTemplar
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by SimonTemplar » Mar Wed 17, 2010 1:47 pm

We usually have the length of stay passes, so it's off to MK for what's left of day one.
"Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland...the blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine." ~ Walt Disney

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Mar Wed 17, 2010 4:56 pm

We drive up at around 6:00am-7:00am and get to WDW around 9:00am-10:00am. After we check in to the hotel (and even if we can't early) we head over to a theme park. Then we head to Downtown Disney if we are not tired after the park. That's usually the first day.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Mar Wed 17, 2010 5:17 pm

We usually leave NC early enough to arrive at WDW around 1:00pm and then straight to the Trails End Buffet for lunch.

Pluto23

Post by Pluto23 » Mar Wed 17, 2010 6:26 pm

SimonTemplar wrote:We usually have the length of stay passes, so it's off to MK for what's left of day one.
That may be the case for us this May, so it will be an interesting decision for us. You get so accustomed to the routine, that it may be hard to break even though we have the passes. My wife usually has 10 day, no expire passes, so we would never go for just a few hours. It will be different this time, so an extra day for $3 is no big deal.