What do you do first . . . . .

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by sherabby » Mar Thu 18, 2010 6:48 am

We usually relax at the hotel until our dinner reservation. This August we are going to the early show at the HDDR! We are staying at CSR this trip. I hope we don't regret the decision to stay there since we've stayed at the CBR now 3 times and just love it there!
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Mar Thu 18, 2010 10:58 am

We always go directly to Magic Kingdom (driving up from Miami about 4 hours). Don't want to waste a day at the parks and since we usually go on a weekend, if we can ge to MK on Friday during the day when it's not so crowded, we are ready to go for the weekend! We are going again Apr. 22 - 25, can't wait, seriously!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Fri 19, 2010 10:32 am

We usually check in to our resort and get settled, we like to start out first thing on our first day. Although on our trip last May...we were staying at the Poly and we decided to hop on the Monorail and go to MK for what was left of our day. That was pretty awesome! 8-) So surreal!

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Fri 19, 2010 4:49 pm

After we get checked in, we check out our room and get our luggage in the room. Usually this involves a call to family to let them know we finally arrived safely. We usually get there sometime between 2 and 8 pm depending on whether my husband had to work the day before or not, but either way we head straight to the park with the evening EMHs.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

snugglyevil
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by snugglyevil » Mar Sat 20, 2010 5:18 pm

I'm right there with the "head to DTD" mentality. It's Disney without the traffic of the parks. Can just grab a drink at Goofy's Candy Shop and watch the world go by. Soak in the Magic.
Audrey

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 20, 2010 7:42 pm

We usually get in rather late in the afternoon or evening so we opt to go to whichever park is open the latest - that way we can fully soak in the atmosphere before having to go back to the hotel. We also check the evening performances of parades and fireworks so we are sure to see everything at least once.

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Mar Sun 21, 2010 12:32 am

I like to go to the Magic Kingdom first. It's a good way to start.

Pluto23
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Pluto23 » Mar Sun 21, 2010 5:51 am

snugglyevil wrote:I'm right there with the "head to DTD" mentality. It's Disney without the traffic of the parks. Can just grab a drink at Goofy's Candy Shop and watch the world go by. Soak in the Magic.
Ah yes - Goofy's candy shop. I always have to get the pretzel rods and have them custom dipped. Normally dark chocolat with a white chocolat drizzle and rolled in chocolat chips. YUMMMM.

missynole
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by missynole » Mar Sun 21, 2010 8:54 am

We usually go over to Downtown Disney or hotel hopping on the monorail line to pin trade!

jmenjes

Post by jmenjes » Mar Sun 21, 2010 9:04 am

I usually check in around 3 pm or so. After checking in, my first stop is over to Downtown Disney for some shopping.
11/12 - All Star Sports (1 night), free upgrade to AKL Jambo House (4 nights)
2/12, 10/11, 4/11, 4/09, 4/08, 4/07 - Pop Century
4/06, 4/05 - All Star Sports
00 - Offsite
11/99 - Fort Wilderness
Before 99 - Lost count along the way

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Our First Day (Arrival Day)

Post by secondstar » Mar Sun 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Since we had our daughter, we've changed things a bit. Now, we arrive as early as possible, which is around noon or 1 p.m. (there are much fewer flights to Orlando than there used to be), take the Magical Express to our hotel, check-in, then off to Epcot. We'll eat both lunch and dinner somewhere around World Showcase. Then, we usually close the park and head overto MouseGear for shopping. (Have to start the trip off right.)

Before Sophia was born, we would be able to catch a 7:00 a.m. flight to Orlando, enough time to grab a rental car, zip down I-4 to Disney property, check-in and go straight to the Rainforest Cafe at AK for lunch. Then, we'd close that park and head over to Downtown Disney for shopping and dinner.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Sockdoodle
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by Sockdoodle » Apr Sat 10, 2010 4:25 pm

We always just spend the first day getting settled in at the resort and stretching out our legs after a long flight. We also use the first day to explore the resort a bit, double check our touring plans, and watch some WDW-TV!!!

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Sat 10, 2010 4:48 pm

We always arrive at suppertime, so we eat!

Happy HalloWishes
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Happy HalloWishes » Apr Sun 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Hotel, check-in, look around resort, eat somewhere. Then go to the parks the next day...

JimB
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by JimB » Apr Sat 17, 2010 1:18 pm

We fly into Orlando Intl, pick up the rental car, head for the onsite hotel. Check in, change and head to the Magic Kingdom. Say hello to our brick (paving stone) at the entrance and stroll down Main Street soaking in the magic. Best feeling in the world...