If you could only go to 3 parks....

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

ctrain2281
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

If you could only go to 3 parks....

Post by ctrain2281 » Jan Tue 26, 2010 9:56 am

Here's an interesting question that I've actually had to answer a few times recently. I guess it could also be called which park is your least favorite but I don't really think of it that way. I've been going to Disney quite a bit recently. However, I've only had enough time to actually go to the parks for 3 days. I usually stay offsite and come in with an AP but I prefer not to parkhop as it just cuts down actual time in the park. So with that background established, which 3 parks do you normally try to visit, which is the odd park out and why?

I usually stay with the MK/EPCOT/DHS combo. I just have not got used to including AK in my normal rotation and sometimes, if it came down to going a second time to DHS or EPCOT vs. going to AK, I'll go the second time to DHS or EPCOT.

Anyone else have these thoughts or situations come up?

aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by aboden » Jan Tue 26, 2010 9:59 am

Well I feel that you need to make AK the first stop if your going to go. The reason is being the animals. Unfortunately I usually get there later in the day no matter what so AK is never in my sights. I stick with MGM then MK/Epcot, the last one being which ever one is open latest.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Tue 26, 2010 10:42 am

That's easy...I would choose MK/DHS/Epcot. AK is our least fav. park, I hate to say it that way. We too would rather make a second visit to any of the other 3 parks. On our last trip we kept saying we were going to head over to AK, but just never made the effort to get there. It has some cool attractions EE, Dinosaur. We loved Flights of Wonder, but just not enough to draw us there every time we visit.

joeyflds
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by joeyflds » Jan Tue 26, 2010 11:09 am

we'd probably do MK, DHS, and AK.

JimB
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by JimB » Jan Tue 26, 2010 1:13 pm

The only reason I would chose MK/DHS(I still think of it as MGM)/Epcot is because of the great memories from the past. AK wasn't built yet in the timeframe I'm referring to. I wouldn't omit AK from any multiday visit though...

aboden

Post by aboden » Jan Tue 26, 2010 1:20 pm

JimB wrote:The only reason I would chose MK/DHS(I still think of it as MGM)/Epcot is because of the great memories from the past. AK wasn't built yet in the timeframe I'm referring to. I wouldn't omit AK from any multiday visit though...
hehe Off Topic but I do the same thing, it will always be MGM.

I admit AK has great rides; EE, KR and Extintion(Dinosaur). Also the Africa animal tour ride, drawing a blank on the name omg! But as I said you need to be there early for that on. Past lunch time our Florida heat, and naturally, they go into hiding a lot so it's mostly looking at the enclosure only lol
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jan Tue 26, 2010 1:38 pm

This is an easy one to answer: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and DHS. I like AK and all, but it isn't my favorite and I can easily skip it.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Lori60
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Lori60 » Jan Tue 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Same here, MK/Epcot/DHS. But..... having said that I just returned from 5 days at the WDW. The crowds we light and the weather perfect. We spent a day at AK and really enjoyed it. Having said that if it were crowded and warm/hot I would skip that park.

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jan Tue 26, 2010 3:26 pm

MK/DHS/Epcot
I had to make this choice for my upcoming trip.
AK has some good stuff--but not enough to boot one of the others.

I like going there, but its at the bottom of my list.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Like so many others - MK/DHS/Epcot. I got to visit AK many, many years ago before it opened with a preview and was extremely disappointed. I haven't been back since - although, I would love to ride Everest.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Wed 27, 2010 12:26 am

I think AK is great if you have extra time, then it's enjoyable. But, if you haven't gotten your fill of the other 3 parks....I would be thinking of what else I could be doing!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Wed 27, 2010 12:28 am

I would have to go with the majority here and say MK, EPCOT, and DHS. AK for some reason is a tough park to do in the summer, and we ALWAYS go in the summer. We never really spend much time in the AK so I guess I would be okay without it for a trip. However, I would miss not going on Kilimanjaro Safari, It's Tough to be a Bug and Dinosaur.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Jan Wed 27, 2010 9:26 am

mindflipper wrote:Like so many others - MK/DHS/Epcot. I got to visit AK many, many years ago before it opened with a preview and was extremely disappointed. I haven't been back since - although, I would love to ride Everest.
It has improved. My first visit was two months after it opened in 1998. I was so disappointed that I didn't return for five years, I was impressed with the improvements. Though, I still do not recommend the park in the middle of summer - it is just too hot in Florida for Animal Kingdom in July.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Jan Wed 27, 2010 12:22 pm

Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Animal Kingdom are my three. I like Hollywood Studios but I enjoy the others better.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 27, 2010 12:27 pm

agingerbugg wrote: I still do not recommend the park in the middle of summer - it is just too hot in Florida for Animal Kingdom in July.
Isn't it too hot for ANY of the parks in July?? :shock: :shock:

I try to stay out of all the parks during the summer months! I can't see how Len90 and his family always go in the stifling heat of the summer!