If you could only go to 3 parks....

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Mar Mon 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Jacca5660 wrote: I can't see even thinking about AK if I could only go to three parks. If it were down to one it would be EPCOT!!! Like has been said AK is a half day park at best!
Jacca - I couldn't agree more. If you get in the park when it opens, you can do everything within 2-3 hours (if you can walk that fast). To me the park is too spread out and for some reason always seems crowded. It's a park that if you have done everything once, you have no reason to go back until they add something else.

ctrain2281
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by ctrain2281 » Mar Wed 10, 2010 11:36 am

Yeah, I guess the problem with AK is that if you go there sheerly to ride rides then you can cover the park very quickly, faster if you pass on "kiddie" rides. I really do enjoy EE, Dinosaur and the Safari ride but beyond that, I have to be in the mood for the exhibits and shows (i.e. not super long lines and super humid weather conditions).

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Apr Sat 03, 2010 10:31 am

Start the day with Animal Kingdom, I love the animals there, then move on to Magic Kingdom, and then obviously end the day with some night rides at Epcot and see the fireworks.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Sun 04, 2010 4:29 pm

MK, AK, and Epcot. Like MetalRage, I like DHS but the others more. There just isn't enough to do at DHS.

ctrain2281
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by ctrain2281 » Apr Mon 05, 2010 7:40 am

After going back for an actual week long vacation there, I must say that AK is growing on me. Almost to the point that I maybe willing to give up a day at EPCOT for it, except in the case of a really crowded or humid day. I forgot how much fun EE and Dinosaur really are and the exhibits are really nice to take your time to walk through. Also, I really really really enjoyed the Yak & Yeti restaurant.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Apr Mon 05, 2010 11:53 am

Well, my DH and I just love Animal Kingdom. We enjoy relaxing on a park bench and taking in the beautiful scenery. BUT, I love RR at HS so I am torn on this subject!!!!

It would have to be…
MK/EP/HS 1/2 day and AK 1/2 day...Sorry I know that you said only 3 parks BUT, if I had 3 days this is what I would do. We just could not settle for anything less... :lol: :lol:

Mouseoholic!

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Apr Mon 05, 2010 6:16 pm

Magic Kingdom
EPCOT
Animal Kingdom

I didn't even need to think it over. These are the three I would go to.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cinderella75 » Apr Fri 09, 2010 7:51 am

My 3 parks would be AK,MK,Epcot :wave: My fav park is AK :pluto:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

Enchantment
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by Enchantment » Apr Fri 09, 2010 11:17 pm

I'd have to say that we like to visit the parks in the order of preference;

1. Magic Kingdom :D
2. Hollywood Studios :)
3. Animal Kingdom :wink:

We usually stay 7-9 days, which allows us to visit each main park at least twice, but Epcot only once.

DID ANYONE SELECT A WATER PARK AS A CHOICE?! :roll:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Sat 10, 2010 12:15 am

Mouseoholic wrote:Well, my DH and I just love Animal Kingdom. We enjoy relaxing on a park bench and taking in the beautiful scenery. BUT, I love RR at HS so I am torn on this subject!!!!

It would have to be…
MK/EP/HS 1/2 day and AK 1/2 day...Sorry I know that you said only 3 parks BUT, if I had 3 days this is what I would do. We just could not settle for anything less... :lol: :lol:

Mouseoholic!
I like this arrangement.

But if truly given a choice of only 3 parks, I would probably say EPCOT, DHS & AK.

Before I get attacked with spam/hate mail/voo doo, let me explain.

We live so far away from WDW, but close to DL. Yes, I know there are differences between the Magic Kingdom in DL and WDW, but they are similar enough that if I could truly only hit 3 parks, Iwould rather see the parks that I wouldn't normally get to.

Now, we were in a situation once where we could only pick 1 park and that has never changed...EPCOT all the way!!!!

Happy HalloWishes
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by Happy HalloWishes » Apr Sun 11, 2010 12:24 pm

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Animal Kingdom
3. Epcot

timekeeper
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by timekeeper » Apr Mon 12, 2010 9:06 am

My 3 are Epcot, AK and MK. I dont have much draw to HS. If Muppets were not there I could skip the whole park.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Mon 12, 2010 9:37 am

ctrain2281 wrote:After going back for an actual week long vacation there, I must say that AK is growing on me. Almost to the point that I maybe willing to give up a day at EPCOT for it, except in the case of a really crowded or humid day. I forgot how much fun EE and Dinosaur really are and the exhibits are really nice to take your time to walk through. Also, I really really really enjoyed the Yak & Yeti restaurant.
Welcome to the dark side! (buwahahahahaha :twisted: )

I'm also glad to see so many others who appreciate AK as well. It was taking a real beating for a while there! :wink:

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Mon 12, 2010 9:48 am

The best thing about AK is that you can enjoy it in the morning and early afternoon...and then head over to another park for the evening. You can do this on multiple days if there for a long vacation. I pray that we'll be able to wake up early enough to get to AK early so we can see more animals and not have to deal with the large crowds. My last two trips to WDW were for the Half Marathon...and you just have a hard time getting up early after running those races.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Apr Mon 12, 2010 10:13 am

I would have to say I would forgo DHS. Although last time I was there I spent I grand total of one hour at AK. It was so cold that there were zero animals out. We did Everest and Dinosaur. That was it. It was disappointing but what could you do?