Ever have vivid dreams (or nightmares...) of WDW?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Ever have vivid dreams (or nightmares...) of WDW?

Post by Amy » Sep Mon 26, 2011 12:02 pm

kosmosworld wrote:I've had dreams of being at the Magic Kingdom, but for some reason, it was like being at a local fair in a park. There was a baseball field next to it that I had to walk past to get to some of the attractions. And a swimming pool. I've dreamed at least 2 times being there like that-certainly rediculous!
Maybe you were at the Wide World of Sports in your dreams?

kosmosworld
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by kosmosworld » Sep Mon 26, 2011 1:21 pm

It's strange because it was exactly the same layout both times. I can see where the baseball field may have come from. I guess the pool maybe from the resorts. But certainly can't walk from the parking lot, to the Magic Kingdom!
Any way it was still fun!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 18, 2012 7:28 am

Last night I had a dream where I was enjoying a sneak preview of the new Fantasmic show. It was awesome and F1gment and I were actually in a boat as part of the show. We were in the front row of the second boat right behind the CMs who were putting on the show. The character in front of us was Schmee and I remember a huge inflatable Captain Hook, sort of like the Macy's parade floats, diving from the sky right in front of us. There was action and chases and I was quite impressed. We also had a few more subsonic people in the boat (I'm thinking this stemmed from seeing the Mayhem Marauders on the Splash Mountain log last night!) and I realized about halfway through that I hadn't taken any photos to share :shock: So I whipped out the fancy schmancy camera (dream me has really nice camera gear! :lol: ) and was ready to take photos of the second part of the show. One of my fellow subsonicers was giving me some tips since the camera was still new to me. We were still in the boat, but now in some sort of an enclosed theater, almost like a barn, with young children singing. I thought they had said they were guests trying out for the show but they could sing really well! (probably from me discussing the new stage production one of my piano students was starting rehearsal for last night) There were some really fancy effects in that show and then, sadly, it was over.
I'd share the photos but...it seems I forgot to download them ;)
Always tougher to get out of bed when I'm dreaming of being at Disney! :D

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by secondstar » Jan Wed 18, 2012 9:33 am

I've had a dream similar to ones I've had in the past regarding acting. When I was in college, I was a Red Masquer. I frequently had dreams where I would go on stage without fully memorizing my lines, using the old addage: "Well, I know what the play's about. I can wing it." Then, once on stage, I'd realize I did't know any lines. I did't know my blocking! Basically, I was stuck there doing looking stupid with all the actors looking at me in disbelief.

Recently, I've had similarly related dreams where we go to Walt Disney World WITHOUT any planning. I just try to "wing it," using the old addage: "Well, I know the parks well enough. I'll be OK." In my dreams, I realize I'm on property without any ADRs. I don't have NEAR ENOUGH MONEY on me to do anything. We don't even have a room reservation yet. And my family is looking at me in disbelief!
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Wed 18, 2012 9:50 am

Interesting dreams, Amy and Secondstar! Very vivid!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 18, 2012 12:07 pm

secondstar wrote:I've had a dream similar to ones I've had in the past regarding acting. When I was in college, I was a Red Masquer. I frequently had dreams where I would go on stage without fully memorizing my lines, using the old addage: "Well, I know what the play's about. I can wing it." Then, once on stage, I'd realize I did't know any lines. I did't know my blocking! Basically, I was stuck there doing looking stupid with all the actors looking at me in disbelief.

Recently, I've had similarly related dreams where we go to Walt Disney World WITHOUT any planning. I just try to "wing it," using the old addage: "Well, I know the parks well enough. I'll be OK." In my dreams, I realize I'm on property without any ADRs. I don't have NEAR ENOUGH MONEY on me to do anything. We don't even have a room reservation yet. And my family is looking at me in disbelief!
The winging it part wouldn't trouble me. We don't plan much ahead beyond tours. But having no room ressie might make me wake up in a cold sweat :shock: :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Wed 18, 2012 12:32 pm

secondstar wrote:I've had a dream similar to ones I've had in the past regarding acting. When I was in college, I was a Red Masquer. I frequently had dreams where I would go on stage without fully memorizing my lines, using the old addage: "Well, I know what the play's about. I can wing it." Then, once on stage, I'd realize I did't know any lines. I did't know my blocking! Basically, I was stuck there doing looking stupid with all the actors looking at me in disbelief.

I have similar dreams but they always involve college classes. I find out on the day of the final that I HAVE to take a final exam for a class I've NEVER ATTENDED, and it's REQUIRED.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Sat 21, 2012 1:01 pm

I dreamed last night that they shut down Rock 'n Roller Coaster for the rest of the day after all the FPs were distributed... and all of the guests were flipping mad but DHS wouldn't back down. It was weird. :shock:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Sat 21, 2012 5:12 pm

Soarin08 wrote:I dreamed last night that they shut down Rock 'n Roller Coaster for the rest of the day after all the FPs were distributed... and all of the guests were flipping mad but DHS wouldn't back down. It was weird. :shock:
Maybe that dream was a throwback to when you were with us when we discovered that Disney wouldn't let us use any of our "DVC Golden Fastpasses" after the regular FP's were all distributed (we're still hacked about that, by the way...).

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Sat 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Only nighmare is getting in the van and leaving the grounds :cry:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:I dreamed last night that they shut down Rock 'n Roller Coaster for the rest of the day after all the FPs were distributed... and all of the guests were flipping mad but DHS wouldn't back down. It was weird. :shock:
Maybe that dream was a throwback to when you were with us when we discovered that Disney wouldn't let us use any of our "DVC Golden Fastpasses" after the regular FP's were all distributed (we're still hacked about that, by the way...).
They wouldn't let you use those?? You should have been able to use them anytime I would think :?
Goofyfan wrote:Only nighmare is getting in the van and leaving the grounds :cry:
Oh that is a nightmare indeed :cry:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Sat 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
Subconsciously, maybe that's the case. :) Which was stupid of them to do.

captianbubble

Post by captianbubble » Mar Sun 31, 2013 7:51 pm

I had a vivid dream one day that I was the asistant cast member and tried to help "the Kingdom Keepers" (which was contacted by Wanda, Wayne's daughter) helped with what happened at Epcot.
In my dream the Epcot Innoventions music was messed-up like some music parts was there at one point and static sounds at the other.
I had noticed what had happened when the "Innoventions theme song" came on.
The guests noticed including "The Kingdom Keepers" who found out from Wanda to come dressed as themselves.
Well the most collest part of the dream was the "Kingdom Keepers" had a puzzle that I gave to them from Wayne and Wanda.
The puzzle had all of the music notes that had to be put together to make the intire loop!
By the way it was from the old Innoventions loop that was Aproxamently 52 mins and 44 seconds long.

I said: "Hey Philby, do you know all the parts to the whole loop?"
Philby: "Yes I do, but we need all of us to work together on putting this gigantic puzzle right?"
Me: "Yes you must."
So, off we went to figure this puzzle that was like a zillion pieces like one of those puzzles that has a thousand pieces to put together.
Then after all that figuring out and all that we had to write down the whole score and we all had to take it to Russell Brower (The guy who wrote all the loops for Innoventions, The Living Seas, and Tokio Seas loops.)
He checked out the music score to see if it was what he wrote exactly as the loop went.
Russel: "Wow that is some briliant work!
You did a great job! Did you do all this alone?"
Philby: "No we all did it together!"
So, he saw all the Kingdom Keepers and gave a great job.
And the whole loop went to a clear magical sound.
Ahh that was the most vivid puzzle dream I had ever had.
Disney World Here I Come!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Apr Mon 01, 2013 7:32 am

captianbubble wrote:I had a vivid dream one day that I was the asistant cast member and tried to help "the Kingdom Keepers" (which was contacted by Wanda, Wayne's daughter) helped with what happened at Epcot.
In my dream the Epcot Innoventions music was messed-up like some music parts was there at one point and static sounds at the other.
I had noticed what had happened when the "Innoventions theme song" came on.
The guests noticed including "The Kingdom Keepers" who found out from Wanda to come dressed as themselves.
Well the most collest part of the dream was the "Kingdom Keepers" had a puzzle that I gave to them from Wayne and Wanda.
The puzzle had all of the music notes that had to be put together to make the intire loop!
By the way it was from the old Innoventions loop that was Aproxamently 52 mins and 44 seconds long.

I said: "Hey Philby, do you know all the parts to the whole loop?"
Philby: "Yes I do, but we need all of us to work together on putting this gigantic puzzle right?"
Me: "Yes you must."
So, off we went to figure this puzzle that was like a zillion pieces like one of those puzzles that has a thousand pieces to put together.
Then after all that figuring out and all that we had to write down the whole score and we all had to take it to Russell Brower (The guy who wrote all the loops for Innoventions, The Living Seas, and Tokio Seas loops.)
He checked out the music score to see if it was what he wrote exactly as the loop went.
Russel: "Wow that is some briliant work!
You did a great job! Did you do all this alone?"
Philby: "No we all did it together!"
So, he saw all the Kingdom Keepers and gave a great job.
And the whole loop went to a clear magical sound.
Ahh that was the most vivid puzzle dream I had ever had.
Too many chocolate eggs before bed!!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Metalfan » Apr Mon 01, 2013 10:24 am

Actually had a dream last night that basically took me and my girlfriend through everything I have planned on the first day of our trip in September. It was strange and felt so real!