All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

kcookiebaker
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

YOU plan the menu for the new restaurant in Fantasyland

Post by kcookiebaker » Sep Mon 21, 2009 9:57 am

Someone help, please.
What if you were the Director of Food and Beverage and you had to assist in the development of a menu for the new restaurant in Fantasyland? I think that would be such fun...but I don't remember if the theme is Belle, or another of the Princesses.

How could you make it special, different but not off-puttingly different?

Something for tots and something for the grown-ups...but not the same thing offered in every other restaurant.

Easy to eat.
Quick to prepare.
Meets some basic nutritional guidelines, really basic.
Something that can be ordered in bulk for price.
Something that doesn't spoil too quickly, ie, shelf life.
Is it quick serve or sit down?

Ooh, this is harder than I thought.
I don't suppose Princesses wolf down meatball subs, maybe Gaston would.
And there should be imaginative desserts, shouldn't there? Pretty ones.

And is there a breakfast menu, just a quickie, or does that compete with Main Street? and is lunch different from dinner?

What would you like on a menu, let's play.

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » Sep Mon 21, 2009 10:26 am

Well, your inspiration should come from the movie itself, look at some of the dished Belle is served during "Be Our Guest" Also, It is set in France, so, take a few dishes from the France pavilion at Epcot, perhaps even some from the Bistro de Paris. It would even be fun to make a kid's menu where food looks fancy, but is simple like chicken nuggets. Perhaps put together with toothpicks to look like the Eiffel Tower and fun stuff like that.

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » Sep Mon 21, 2009 10:29 am

Gaston's Tavern should definitely sell turkey legs for starters.

missynole
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by missynole » Sep Mon 21, 2009 11:19 am

Well - I for sure wouldn't make it a buffet. That gets too busy with children running around, back and forth. I think a sit down restaurant that serves fun food with cute names might be neat. You could have Cogsworth's Crusty Fried Chicken, Lumiere's Lushious Lamb Shank and Chip's Chocolate Ice Cream Sundae. Ok - while that's not too creative I think the room should be filled with bright lights and colorful walls. The dishes should sparkle and the wouldn't it be neat if the centerpiece of maybe flowers could talk! Kind of like what they do with Ratatouille in France! After all, this is Belle's place and the furniture does come to life.

noledawg
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by noledawg » Sep Mon 21, 2009 5:53 pm

Hmm. The menu I have to think about. Now, the decor? Why not take a page out of Animators Palette, and have the walls change over the course of the evening? You could have paintings of some of the staff, as they appeared in their corruptible, mortal state - oh wait, I mean in their 'household item' state, and then slowly change to human. And since you wouldn't do this as regular seatings, you could have different sections of the wall be in different stages of change, or different rooms as such.

But as for the menu, I like the idea of keeping it simple but with a bit of French flair, but not over the top. But you also want to keep it different enough so you're not just repeating the menu over and over and over all over the World. (Might be too much to ask.....)
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. -- St. Augustine